Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
This issue bugs me. I believe that there are offenses worthy of the death penalty, however the idea of someone being executed wrongfully makes me think that it's not worth the risk. However life imprisonment is an expensive prospect for the government.

Peekab00m said:
Pally said:
Peekab00m said:
I say people to take a life get theirs taken away.
Think about it this way then. If we're taking away the life of the murderer aren't we doing the same? Taking someone's life away is wrong imo.
Yeah but, they killed someone. Once a killer, always a killer. ;]
That's likes saying someone who's stolen something once is a kleptomaniac, or someone who lies is liar (and I know everyone has told a lie at least once).

Pally, whats with all the politic government threads?
You like politics?

On topic ~ These days "Whole life in jail" Isnt the whole life in jail, they get out.

SSgt. Garrett said:
Pally said:
SSgt. Garrett said:
Pally said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
What's with this "we" talk? it would be the executioner doing the killing.
I say 'we' because 'we' as a people elect the government who controls the judicidal branch.
Well you wouldn't be -18
Get some cop on, by that logic you shouldn't be in this topic either, and the point of discussion here is whether or not the government should be allowed to sentence someone. To death on behalf of the People they represent, not just the over 18's.

PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
So why keep them alive?
Just this makes me sick to the stomach. How anyone can think it's right to kill anyone is just... sick.
Think also out of the box. What if they escape and kill more people. If someone killed a killer i would call it Self Defense for everybody
It's not so black and white. There are plenty of different shades and colours in between the two.

If you really think it's just classed as "Not Killer" and "Killer" then you don't know much about the world.

Okay so as an example let's just say Ciaran did something to me that was completely wrong and he deserved to be punished. So I go and kill him.
Now it's wrong for me to kill him correct?
Now let's say I get sentenced for death penalty as MY punishment.
Now what really is the difference here? Nothing. Except for the fact my punishment came to idea in some office? It's the same thing.

Peekab00m said:
Pally, whats with all the politic government threads?
You like politics?

On topic ~ These days "Whole life in jail" Isnt the whole life in jail, they get out.
The amount of expertise you have in this matter is phenominal. <.<

Peekab00m said:
That's... just not true. "Life in prison" usually means they get a sentence that exceeds the length of time they will possibly live, although there are life sentences. There is such a thing as parole, but if someone gets a life sentence without the possibility of parole, they won't be getting out. There are also exceptions made for people who are dying anyways, but that's it.

Pally said:
Okay so as an example let's just say Ciaran did something to me that was completely wrong and he deserved to be punished. So I go and kill him.
Now what really is the difference here? Nothing. Except for the fact my punishment came to idea in some office? It's the same thing.
Well, perhaps the thing Ciaran did to you wasn't bad enough to warrant your vigilante execution?

Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
So why keep them alive?
Just this makes me sick to the stomach. How anyone can think it's right to kill anyone is just... sick.
Think also out of the box. What if they escape and kill more people. If someone killed a killer i would call it Self Defense for everybody
It's not so black and white. There are plenty of different shades and colours in between the two.

If you really think it's just classed as "Not Killer" and "Killer" then you don't know much about the world.
Once they kill they are known as killers sure they can change but not forever. People will always remember them as killers once you do it you cant change it

Pally said:
It's not the same thing. The only thing that's in common with that is that life is taken away.

Murder is worse than capital punishment.

PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:

Once they kill they are known as killers sure they can change but not forever. People will always remember them as killers once you do it you cant change it
I seriously want to smash my face against a desk due to this post.

Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:

Im just saying what I think everyone has their own opinions

*trevor said:
Pally said:
Well, perhaps the thing Ciaran did to you wasn't bad enough to warrant your vigilante execution?
What if he did?

Does it really matter? It's not right to take someone's life away either way.

PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
Im just saying what I think everyone has their own opinions
And opinions can't make people want to bash their heads on their desks?

PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:
PurpleHeart said:
Jas0n said:

There are some people who have killed someone who aren't mass murderers. Just because someone killed someone else doesn't mean that they automatically have a sudden urge for blood and death.

There have been more than one "good people" that have killed someone whether out of desperation or greed. That's like saying someone who got drunk once is suddenly going to go out and drink every drop of alcohol they can get their hands on.

Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
What if he did?

Does it really matter? It's not right to take someone's life away either way.
Hey man, I'm just going off of your example.

I don't know that there are any crimes that receive the death penalty that don't involve murder in one form or another. So if Ciaran did something to you and you retaliate, he clearly didn't kill you. I'm just saying the analogy doesn't work.

Rawburt said:
Pally said:
It's not the same thing. The only thing that's in common with that is that life is taken away.

Murder is worse than capital punishment.
Yes but let's just say pally didn't kill me, and I got the death penalty for what I did to her, both scenarios will end the same (for me), it's just the executioner that differs. (and also pally isn't a murderer)

You should get life in prison. It's not right to take someone's life for murder. In a sense, you're condoning the murder, because you're willing to take the killer's life. Besides, it leads to the killing of innocent people. Over 130 innocent people have been killed by the death penalty in the U.S. You can't just say, "My bad bro, you're free to go." when they person's dead. Besides, it doesn't deter crime.

The eye for eye penalty makes sense, I support it even though I'm 14
lol@ the scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back