Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well If were talking about Nazis, it should be best to kill them in my opinion. Or war criminels in general. It really depends of what people did.

*bump* to get lively conversation going once again in tbt.

I'm for the Death Penalty. Eye for an eye only leave the world blind, sure, but if you don't wanna be blind, treat others the same. mirite?

Psychonaut said:
*bump* to get lively conversation going once again in tbt.

I'm for the Death Penalty. Eye for an eye only leave the world blind, sure, but if you don't wanna be blind, treat others the same. mirite?
There's not much more conversation you can put after 15 pages, bro.

I oppose the death penalty because of the chance that the person is not actually guilty. This is more common than you may think.

Why life penalty?

Torture makes them live life painfully for the rest of their life.
They'd rather die than be tortured for the rest of their life, so why do what they'd prefer?

Jas0n said:
I also don't believe anyone should have their life taken away, regardless of what they've done. That makes you just as bad as them.

Keeping them in jail gives them time to rot, suffer for what they've done.
But then we have to pay for their suffering in taxes.

[Nook said:
,Dec 27 2010, 06:39:31 PM]Why life penalty?

Torture makes them live life painfully for the rest of their life.
They'd rather die than be tortured for the rest of their life, so why do what they'd prefer?
because they have the rest of their life paid by the rest of the government.

and yeah, there's the chance they aren't guilty, but the death penalty could/would be reserved for cases with concrete evidence, while inconclusive evidence would have the lighter version, life sentence.

but eh. just decided to bump this thread while there was some worthwhile conversation on tbt.

Mass genocide is certainly something to be killed for, however, a single murder deserves the reward of life in prison.

What's the point of killing another human being? You may as well leave them to suffer in prison and contemplate their past.

Slickyrider said:
What's the point of killing another human being? You may as well leave them to suffer in prison and contemplate their past.
one less mouth to feed.

the ones who would contemplate it most likely wouldn't do it. the ones who don't contemplate it act more or less the same inside the prison. no that i've ever been in/to a prison.. the whole idea of it is just kinda flawed.

"okay, you did something bad. we're going to put you with other bad people, take away all major responsibilities you once had, and keep you alive until you die."

^^ the reality of it. the initial plan vv

"okay, you did something bad. we're going to lock you up away from civilization and take away all things good about life away from you."

Psychonaut said:
Slickyrider said:
one less mouth to feed.

the ones who would contemplate it most likely wouldn't do it. the ones who don't contemplate it act more or less the same inside the prison. no that i've ever been in/to a prison.. the whole idea of it is just kinda flawed.

"okay, you did something bad. we're going to put you with other bad people, take away all major responsibilities you once had, and keep you alive until you die."

"okay, you did something bad. we're going to lock you up away from civilization and take away all things good about life away from you."
I've heard that the death penalty is more expensive than life imprisonment.

Jeremy said:
Psychonaut said:
Slickyrider said:
one less mouth to feed.

Is it really that expensive to shoot someone in the head?

[Nook said:
,Dec 27 2010, 08:35:24 PM]
Jeremy said:
Psychonaut said:
Slickyrider said:
one less mouth to feed.

I don't think you understand what is involved with putting someone on death row.

http://deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000

Jeremy said:
[Nook said:
Jeremy said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't think you understand what is involved with putting someone on death row.

It costs much more to execute, because the murderer usually appeals many times, resulting in millions of dollars in legal fees.

Pear said:
Jeremy said:
[Nook said:
Jeremy said:

It costs much more to execute, because the murderer usually appeals many times, resulting in millions of dollars in legal fees.
Even if the person on death row wants to die, it still goes through a lengthy appeal process, which costs a lot of money.

Jeremy said:
Pear said:
Jeremy said:
[Nook said:

Even if the person on death row wants to die, it still goes through a lengthy appeal process, which costs a lot of money.
then in that case, sure.
*censored.3.0*ing legalities.

Psychonaut said:
Jeremy said:
Pear said:
Jeremy said:
then in that case, sure.
Well, when you think of it...

Execution really isn't the answer, why not just let them do this:

"Alright, we'll put you in this raft to the hurricane, if you survive and come back, we'll let you roam the world and do whatever you want."

They are the same, except the other one is a bit sketchy.

OmegaMan said:
Psychonaut said:
Jeremy said:
Pear said:
then in that case, sure.
Well, when you think of it...

Execution really isn't the answer, why not just let them do this:

"Alright, we'll put you in this raft to the hurricane, if you survive and come back, we'll let you roam the world and do whatever you want."

They are the same, except the other one is a bit sketchy.
except the ones who come back are more hardcore than anyone could have imagined. D:

I think we should just keep them in jail. I mean it costs less money and honestly what are the odds of somebody killing all of the guards and escaping.

*Off Topic.* Pally when did you get so philosophical? *Off Topic.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back