• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
*trevor said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeople
Yes, if that person has done something to deserve it. But I don't want the death penalty to be legal.
It's right to take someone's life away if the person deserves it.
VS.
It's wrong to take anyone's life away no matter what.

Two different view points. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from. But I'll stick to my view point.~
Well you can simplify it further:

Is it or is it not inherently wrong to take someone's life?
Lawl. Whatever floats your boat.

Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeople
It's right to take someone's life away if the person deserves it.
VS.

Two different view points. I do understand what you mean and where you're coming from. But I'll stick to my view point.~

I guess so. Whatever floats your boat.
Your version had the unnecessary caveat "if the person deserves it". :p :p :p :p

*trevor said:
Pally said:
*trevor said:
Pally said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deeppeopleIt's right to take someone's life away if the person deserves it.
VS.

I guess so. Whatever floats your boat.
Your version had the unnecessary caveat "if the person deserves it". :p :p :p :p
WHATEVER MR. ENGLISH

Sylar said:
*trevor said:
Sylar said:
In MY opinion, I think it's wrong.
ok.
OK. Why do you say that?
Seems pretty immoral and extreme to me, even if the person "deserves" it.
What if the crime is exceedingly immoral and extreme? Like a war crime or genocide? Saddam Hussein had hundreds of Kurds killed in Iraqi Kurdistan and he was hanged. Was that really an extreme punishment?

*trevor said:
Sylar said:
*trevor said:
Sylar said:
In MY opinion, I think it's wrong.
ok.
OK. Why do you say that?
Seems pretty immoral and extreme to me, even if the person "deserves" it.
What if the crime is exceedingly immoral and extreme? Like a war crime or genocide? Saddam Hussein had hundreds of Kurds killed in Iraqi Kurdistan and he was hanged. Was that really an extreme punishment?
I'm Kurdish, and I didn't want him hung. :p
I can see how in that one case, it was necessary, If he escaped, and somehow made a military coup...
Of course, an extremely unlikely scenario, but possible.

im a firm beliver in an eye for an eye. if someone kills someone they should be killed too. I also think executions should be broadcasted publicly. the prisons are overcrowded anyway, and the crime rate would probably go down

Simmer said:
im a firm beliver in an eye for an eye. if someone kills someone they should be killed too. I also think executions should be broadcasted publicly. the prisons are overcrowded anyway, and the crime rate would probably go down
Saudi Arabia might be your cup of tea. If you can stand the whole oppressive Islamic fundamentalist regime thing.

*trevor said:
Alright people. Let's lay off of PurpleHeart. Kay-ryst. None of us are much older than her, really. It's not so much a matter of experience as it is a matter of exposure, anyways. I think we can all agree that we have a long way to go in life at our age.

Also, I was 13 when I joined TBT. So quit being jerks.
sorry if my comment made it seem like i was uber-experienced.

doesn't have much bearing to purpleheart though, eh?

debating for both sides is hilariously fun, btw. ;D

Quick question to everyone against the death penalty (No real reason for me saying this, just curious.)

If someone killed your best friend, or the closest person to you. And was disgustingly proud of it, would you wish death upon him/her? Be honest.

Living is worse than dying in most cases. Prisons are like hell for some people. It gives them a lifetime to be stuck in jail and to think about the people they've hurt, the lives they've destroyed, the families they've broken apart. It all weighs down on them and makes them feel guilty every single day of their miserable lives. Death would be too sweet a punishment for those *censored.1.3*s.

Jas0n said:
I also don't believe anyone should have their life taken away, regardless of what they've done. That makes you just as bad as them.

Keeping them in jail gives them time to rot, suffer for what they've done.
This..

Plus also, the family of the person who got the death penalty is being punished in a way. To have a member of their family die (good or bad) It's still sad for the family and they shouldn't have to suffer either.

I have heard that jail is pretty bad. One man who was falsely sentences to life in prison and later released said every day was terrifying. However, in some cases a person must be killed for the safety of others, such as serial killers, since they could always escape. Think about it like this: If they captured Hitler, would they have sentenced him to "life in prison" or killed him?

Mr. Phoenix said:
Living is worse than dying in most cases. Prisons are like hell for some people. It gives them a lifetime to be stuck in jail and to think about the people they've hurt, the lives they've destroyed, the families they've broken apart. It all weighs down on them and makes them feel guilty every single day of their miserable lives. Death would be too sweet a punishment for those *censored.1.3*s.
It seems to me what you're (almost) advocating is a form of euthanasia. If the person would rather be killed than spend life in prison... what then?

In my opinion, I think that they should make prison much more horrible and then they won't have to spent all that tax money on the prisoners by "looking after them". Cause since they break the law, they shouldn't live a life in prison and benefit from it, but killing them would make us the murderers as well...

Kimono Girl Kristen said:
I have heard that jail is pretty bad. One man who was falsely sentences to life in prison and later released said every day was terrifying. However, in some cases a person must be killed for the safety of others, such as serial killers, since they could always escape. Think about it like this: If they captured Hitler, would they have sentenced him to "life in prison" or killed him?
Depends on the "they". If it was the Red Army, Hitler would've been executed and his body might have gotten the chance to "hang out", just like his friend Mussolini.

*trevor said:
Mr. Phoenix said:
It seems to me what you're (almost) advocating is a form of euthanasia. If the person would rather be killed than spend life in prison... what then?
Make them live in prison. It's a more or a torture. Again, if someone would kill someone, go to jail, feel guilty about it, and ask for the way out, it sounds both cowardice and like they would be getting what they wanted. And I suppose so; some form of it at least. Not intentionally, though.

And I do kind of agree. Someone that poses such a threat should be taken out of the threat list, such as... Bin Laden... Say we were to catch him. Most likely, (if we had probable cause), we would most certainly kill him. We, being the government, not us.

Scratch that, with the current government, they might force him to just do community service...

Mr. Phoenix said:
*trevor said:
Mr. Phoenix said:
Make them live in prison. It's a more or a torture. Again, if someone would kill someone, go to jail, feel guilty about it, and ask for the way out, it sounds both cowardice and like they would be getting what they wanted. And I suppose so; some form of it at least. Not intentionally, though.

And I do kind of agree. Someone that poses such a threat should be taken out of the threat list, such as... Bin Laden... Say we were to catch him. Most likely, (if we had probable cause), we would most certainly kill him. We, being the government, not us.

Scratch that, with the current government, they might force him to just do community service...
I'm sorry, but could you re-read your post and... like... make it make sense? Then I'll reply to it and your hackneyed joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back