• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Digital or Hard copy? What are you choosing?

Miss Fushi

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I personally and unsure of which to pick! :confused:

Hard:
More tangible
Can play in different systems
You can lose it

Digital:
On your system when you need it
Tied to your system
You can lose data
Same price as hard

What are your opinions?

I want a hard copy, but I've got the xl on preorder so.. -shrug- not a huge deal anyway, digital is easy access.

i preordered the hard copy. i just don't like digital downloads. itunes put a sour taste in my mouth and now i don't trust anything that's a digital copy. lol

I love getting the boxes with the physical so that all the way. And also I dont like the bundle or just having the copy always on my DS. (Also because im getting an XL in 3 days~)

I'm getting the hard copy. I just prefer physically having it, especially for something as important as New Leaf! And I'm unlikely to lose it because it'll probably stay in my 3DS permanently :p It will be tempting to download the digital version at midnight though...

I'm getting digital, but the price of the bundle is too good to pass up. I can get enough money for that in no time, but my original plan was to get 5 3ds E-Shop cards June 8th, then download at midnight. That way, i can spend all early-morning playing AC:NL, and a few other games like Denpamen and Harmoknight that i wanted.

Digital version! Unlike the majority, I don't see anything wrong with buying the digital version. I won't miss the cartridge version, and it'll be amazing always having AC:NL within my 3DS. :) Plus, the added perk of downloading it at midnight is awesome. All the digital games I've downloaded so far have been just as good as any cartridge game, so I know there's nothing to worry about. People who claim it's riskier or the like are misinformed, in my opinion.

This is untrue.
The digital version is ?34.99, while the physical version is ?29.99.
This is the UK though, not sure about other regions.

In the United States, both the digital and hard copy are listed as the same price ($34.99).

This is untrue.
The digital version is ?34.99, while the physical version is ?29.99.
This is the UK though, not sure about other regions.
You mean the physical is 39.99 right?

I'm getting digital because I have no choice with the bundle. But I may have gotten it digital anyways. I don't really care about box art!

Hard Copy.. I'm a fan on having physical forms of games.. even music.. sure i like to have music on my phone and computer, but i will buy a CD if i like the music.

You mean the physical is 39.99 right?

No, they mean 29.99 in UK's monetary value. Which if converted to USD, is $45.70~ without tax.

I'm going with both. Digital on my pikachu XL and hard copy for my fiance

No, they mean 29.99 in UK's monetary value. Which if converted to USD, is $45.70~ without tax.

I'm going with both. Digital on my pikachu XL and hard copy for my fiance
Really? Why would Nintendo make the Digital more pricey?

Digital copy, 'cause...
*I have plenty of space on my SD card and this is the only game I'll be digitally downloading.
*I lose cartridges more often than I should. I find them eventually, but still.
*I've never lost a handheld console.
*It's nice to always have AC and not have to switch it out with other games.
*I can let AC download at midnight so that I can play it in the morning. No need to go out!
*I have a credit card and I'm too lazy to go to the store anyway! xD

I'm getting the physical copy but there is nothing wrong with the digital copy :).

Both.. I'm having 3 towns, one physical Japanese copy, one physical Aussie copy and a digital Aussie copy

Back