• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Digital or Hard copy? What are you choosing?

you can fit a ton of them in one sandwich size Ziplock bag

This I don't get. Fans of physical games worry about data corruption and loss of ownership with digital games, yet you'd put your collection of $40 SD cards in a ziplock bag to bounce and clash into each other? Think of how easily they could break in that state

i always prefer physical over digital (with steam as an exception hehe)

i have the physical copy preordered to play on launch date but theres a strong possibility i might save whatever birthday money i get to upgrade to the new leaf xl later :p

This I don't get. Fans of physical games worry about data corruption and loss of ownership with digital games, yet you'd put your collection of $40 SD cards in a ziplock bag to bounce and clash into each other? Think of how easily they could break in that state

I have boxes I purchased a long time ago for the DS, each one carries 8 cards. So, probably more are made for the 3ds game cards?

I'll be getting the physical copy most likely, but the digital is highly tempting. AC is meant to be played daily and having to constantly swap out carts can probably get annoying. Being able to download the game on midnight release is a plus though. I wish Nintendo handled digital purchases like Steam or I would go digital in a heartbeat! I hear they are working on making purchases tied to a ID in the near future.

I'm getting the physical copy. Mainly because I already pre-ordered it :3

Going with the hard copy. I don't have very fast internet, so downloading isn't really an option for me. Also, at another point I'd like to change my 3DS system. I went through several DS/Lites, and if I end up needing a new 3DS, I'll try to get the Animal Crossing 3DS (unless it's too price-gouged at that point) or a colour I like more, and probably a different region since being in the PAL region kinda sucks (I really regret buying so early). I really don't like the way Nintendo implemented some aspects of the eshop, but we've all heard those complaints by now.

I think there are definite pros and cons to both, and Animal Crossing is the kind of game that is very well-suited to being digitally installed, since you'll carry it around with you and a lot of people will play it in quick spurts (though tbh I'm not like that all). Physically owning the game is the only real option for me since I can't afford the Animal Crossing bundle right now (even though I really really want it) and there's no reason for me to get another 3DS anyway, and I think I'd prefer owning the game anyway, but I can see why people go digital.

I am going to get the physical copy because I love reading the manual and looking at the box and I never loose games. I don't think I will take AC out that much because I will be playing it a lot so it should never get lost.

I have the physical copy preordered. I love having the box for my AC games collection, and the pretty boxart and manual! ^.^

Digital. That way I won't have to be continuously swapping cartridges in and out of my 3ds. I prefer buying the cartridge, but I don't like switching them in and out of my 3ds a lot, which is what New Leaf will have me doing with other 3ds games. Plus, I will be leaving for vacation on the 9th and won't have time to stop at a store and pick it up. By downloading I can just wake up at midnight, start downloading, and go back to sleep (maybe).

I'm getting a physical copy because I don't have the ability to buy on the eShop without buying one of the prepaid cards, plus my mom would have a fit if she found out I spend $50 on a piece of plastic that has a one time use, hahaha

Starting to toy with the idea of getting the digital copy and giving the hard copy I pre-ordered to my son. Digital would be convenient and if I do that I'll still have the box as well. I am also a bit concerned about putting the cartridge in and out all the time.

I prefer physical, but since I'm going with the bundle I have to get digital...but, it doesn't really bother me though. Plus I'll still have the bundle's box, which looks pretty cool, and it's possible it might come with the physical manual as well. For me it's a win-win! :)

I already put money down on the 3DS XL bundle, so digital. I honestly don't mind either option; I am getting my sister the physical copy, though I think it's convenient to have the digital version so a different game can be put in the slot if I am on the go and forget my other games.

I've got a preorder down for the physical copy. :) I adore the feeling of picking up a brand new game from the shop, taking it home and then literally unwrapping it - especially when it's an Animal Crossing game. :p

I would have gone with the AC 3DS XL and just kept the digital copy but I bought the Pikachu XL literally a week before the bundle was announced, so... >_>

Back