• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Discuss the AC: New Leaf Prima strategy guide here

Well unfortunately if it's $20 for the guide we'll probably just be getting a standard, error-ridden guide and not a real guide like what you can get in Japan :p
I don't think we will get anything NEAR as incredible as what Japan got, but I like to collect anyway :3

I agree with both of you. ^.^

This guide'll be so helpful- hopefully it'll eliminate me looking online all the time for simple things, like "how to unlock kick's" or "when do you get shampoodle?".

I think I'll use mine most for things like the hair/hybrid/Gracie fashion guide and hopefully it will have Gulliver and coffee hints.

Never heard of Rib Crib, but it IS by a Walmart! :D But then again, isn't most everything?? ;)

That's funny, I also use a GS near a Prattville. e_e
Is it by a Wal-Mart, Rib Crib, and Little Ceasers?

I'd like to see what's in it before I get it, tho.

I'm really just hoping for a full picture catalog. I remember my WW guide had that and how to get secret things. This one would need to be much bigger for all the information on everything in NL.

I'm really just hoping for a full picture catalog. I remember my WW guide had that and how to get secret things. This one would need to be much bigger for all the information on everything in NL.

Me, too! I just checking things off in a guide. :D I'm fine with going online for some things, but I don't want to have to print 40 pages so my OCD self can mark off things in my catalog.

Me, too! I just checking things off in a guide. :D I'm fine with going online for some things, but I don't want to have to print 40 pages so my OCD self can mark off things in my catalog.

I can understand that. I remember I had the WW game in high school and I bought a guide so that I could plan out what I was doing when I got home. I'm sure I'll spend all of my free time reading the guide while not playing the game.

I've never bought a guide for any game before, but I think I might buy this on. I just hope It'll be worth the $20!

AC guides are probably some of the best ones out there. It's just neat to have it all right there for easy reference, plus they usually have tons of pictures and it makes me all excited flipping through it.

I like having pictures of all the furniture, outfits, and other stuff like that. Allows me to have a quick reference if I want to see what a furniture set looks like or how an outfit looks. I can never find very good pictures of the clothes on the internet.

My GameStop says there is no listing for a strategy guide, but i,m sure their will be one when we get closer to release date! Animal Crossing always has guides! :[)

Never heard of Rib Crib, but it IS by a Walmart! :D But then again, isn't most everything?? ;)

Walmart, Subway, Gamestop, Dollar Tree and Cato all follow each other. When Walmart plants stakes in the ground these retailers almost always set up shop a block or less away.

I'm currently torn between wanting every piece of Animal Crossing merchandise I can get my hands on, and knowing the practicality of the internet. If I have a question I think it'll honestly be faster to look it up online--- even from the browser on my 3DS if I just pause playing the game--- but the guide... Hnnnnnnng.... It's going to be so beautiful.... Or a complete waste of tree. If it's good I'll get it I suppose.

I'm going to love my guide book! Long story short, I work away from home during the week with no internet at my flat (where I'll be playing each night haha) so the book will be a lifesaver when I need to know what I already have in my catalogue, or what to do with the X I just found etc!
After the game, it'll be my most treasured buy of the year (yup, I'm a saddo that way!)

*sniff* there is nothing of the sort that i can find in europe, the only way around it is if you don't mind the fee of importing. :'(

*sniff* there is nothing of the sort that i can find in europe, the only way around it is if you don't mind the fee of importing. :'(

I'm sure you guys will have at least a prima on release. I'd just check back wherever you are checking :D

if you check it out on amazon.ca ( http://www.amazon.ca/Animal-Crossin...7079/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364527040&sr=8-2) it says its Paperback: 512 pages
Publisher: Random House (2013)
ISBN-10: 0307897079
ISBN-13: 978-0307897077

so 512 pages according to amazon canada

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Prima Official Game Guide includes: ? You're the mayor - learn about changing shop hours, building facilities, adding new features to your town and more. ; ? Discover something new every day - this guide will show you what special things you can do each day of the year, right down to the best time to do it so that you don't miss a thing. ; ? Detailed furniture catalog - see how to acquire each piece of furniture for customizing your house and each accessory for your character. ; ? Checklists for everything - keep track of items you get with checklists that cover each type of collectable. ; ? Smaller trim size for portability, over 400 pages of content and a dust jacket for protecting the guide. ; About the game: The charming and popular community building franchise is back for the fourth time with "Animal Crossing: New Leaf" for the Nintendo 3DS. Players live as characters in a rural village populated with anthropomorphic animals and can customize their personal appearances and living spaces, collect and barter items from around the village and socialize with fellow residents by playing games, sending letters or interacting on-line via Nintendo Wi-Fi. A new game mechanic lets players take on the role of Mayor, with the ability to customize other houses, fences, yards and more. The guide features tips on being the Mayor, a detailed furniture and accessories catalog and checklists that describe and keep track of every collectible.

thats the offical description

Last edited by a moderator:
Back