• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Discuss the AC: New Leaf Prima strategy guide here

Well unfortunately if it's $20 for the guide we'll probably just be getting a standard, error-ridden guide and not a real guide like what you can get in Japan :p

Seriously. Prima guides are awful. I used to take a red marker and circle every factual error, typo and grammatical error I could find in my Prima guides. It was oddly fun, like I was a teacher grading a student's work.

I bought the Japanese guide, despite not knowing Japanese, and if this guide is anything like the previous guides... I'll probably learn more from the Japanese guide.

So it is prima? Dang I wanted someone decent. I mean Prima did do a pretty good job with Little Big Planet 2 so don't get too worried.

Is Prima just nefariously bad or something? I mean, I've had errors in books from Brady games and Nintendo Power too.

unless Bradygames is also making a guide for the game (from what I gather nintendo and prima has some type of deal) its going to Prima all the way. Now maybe Nintendo send them a copy of the game to work with or something but we can only hope they got enough time to work on it to make it good for use.

Is Prima just nefariously bad or something? I mean, I've had errors in books from Brady games and Nintendo Power too.

Yes, terribly bad. Every Prima guide I've ever purchased (for various games) has always been riddled with misinformation, typos, etc.

And yet, because I'm a sucker for having a physical guide... I still buy them anyway. >_<

I'm getting the guide on amazon.
I'll wait 2 extra days but at least it's only $12.99

Back