Do you change your bookbag every year?

I'm not in school now, but shopping for school supplies was my all time favourite thing about high school. My brother and I would get new everything pretty much. New book, pencil case, binders, marker, pens, and three new outfits. We were kinda spoiled in that way

Only if my backpack isn't in good condition. I'll probably get a new one for next year because it's starting to fall apart.

I get one, it lasts a full school year then breaks halfway through the second.

no way! I used the same backpack all through elementary and middle school. I only got a new one at the start of high school and even then I got it secondhand. It's more of a cross body bag than a backpack and it worked a lot better for me. I'm still using it now, actually.

I’m no longer in school, but when I was still in school, I used the same backpack each year.

I used a drawstring bag for school, and I did not change it every year. I’m no longer in school, though.

What’s a book bag? 😂
I had a different backpack every year when I was younger, and then I just kept the same one until it broke, replaced it and used that until I finished school

Not anymore since I do online classes.
But in the past, I used to change my bag a lot until middle school.

I'm not in school anymore so I don't use a bookbag, but when I was I used the same one throughout all of high school and then all of university.

nope! i think i used two different backpacks throughout high school, but i've been using the same one since i started college

In high school, not really. I salvaged that thing for as long as possible.

In college, I struggle to find something that properly fits all my textbooks or doesn't completely strain out my back. So there has been some switching.

I used the same bookbag forever until either the straps ripped, the zippers broke to the point it wouldn't zip anymore, or it was ripping in several sections. I didn't see the point in spending more money on something that was just for school use. When I was in elementary school I had a cool Mario Bros backpack. I still have that in my attic even if the thing is in tatters.

Oh. For school, huh. I don't go anymore either but I never changed my bag unless it was unusable. I could be using the same bags for years and I wouldn't really care. I still have my old bags from high school and they're just now getting kind of gross (a family member was using my high school bag for school ) .. so I'd say that bag is pretty high quality for going through years of abuse lol!

I’m not in school anymore and haven’t needed/used a bookbag (backpack) in years, but I never got a new backpack every year. I always took good care of mine and they always had enough room for everything I needed to carry, so getting a new one every year wasn’t necessary. The only times I got a new backpack were when I transitioned from one educational stage to another (middle school to high school) or when I transferred to a new school. I didn’t need a new backpack any of these times, but I wanted a backpack that reflected my style, and my style didn’t stay the same from elementary to high school. And getting a new backpack also felt like a fresh start.

Excluding the backpack(s) I had during my early elementary years, I had 3 backpacks from 5th grade to when I started doing high school virtually. The first one was black with colourful stars all over it, and I used it from the start of 5th grade to the end of 8th grade. The second was a pink, purple and blue mermaid scale bag, which I used from the start of 9th grade to I ~think the end of 10th grade? The third and final was a black JanSport bag with white/grey smiley faces all over it. I still have all 3 bags, and they’re all still clean and in excellent condition. The star bag got passed down to my mom who still uses it occasionally, and the mermaid scale and JanSport bags are just chilling in my closet. I plan to donate the mermaid scale bag soon since it’s still in great condition and not being used, but I’m gonna keep the JanSport bag in case I ever need a backpack again one day.

In primary (elementary) school I did. In secondary (high) school I replaced it whenever my favourite band changed, because I liked band merch. In university I didn't replace it until it wore out.

I'm long out of school now, but I've been using the same backpack for 5-6 years. It's looking a bit stained and I'm no longer vibing with the colour (red) but I'll either keep using it until it wears out or I fall in love with a specific design.

in elementary school, yes. but for secondary school, nope. i used the same bag for all 4 years. i decided to get a new bag recently only because my high school one got too dirty and certain stains weren't coming out of it lol.

I used the same one until it had a hole in it.
One year I had one of those ones with wheels that was nice. Not nice on a bus but walking home was great with it. I can't remember how long it lasted. I think two years and then it started coming part in areas.

Back