Do you ever feel embarrassed for liking Unpopular/Ugly Villagers?

Paperboy012305

Maining Male Villager since 2015
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
4834-0712-4510
Hot Balloon
Hot Heart Balloon
Hot Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Orange Balloon
Perfect Orange
Orange Balloon
Orange Heart Balloon
Purple Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Totally not a followup to this thread if that's what you're thinking...

I happen to have a few unpopular and ugly villagers that I love, and I just so happen to have both Ace and Cashmere living in my island as we speak.

• Ace is considered to be unpopular as one thing, it's a Jock and we all know how Jock is the most hated Villager Personality in the franchise, not to mention that he get's overshadowed by other Jocks, most notably Dom. Yet I happen to like him as he is a villager I've been wanting to return for a while, and since the 2.0 update I have been quite excited to obtain him, along with the other returning villagers as well. So to today, he's still here and is now operating an LED Hip Hop bar hidden in an alleyway in my Citycore Island.

• As for Cashmere, she wasn't my most favorite ugly Villager. In fact, when I found out she returned in the Welcome Amiibo update, I was apalled to know she was coming back after coping her to stay trapped in the first game. But for some reason, I decided to try her out by letting her move in my New Leaf town, and she was alright but I eventually let her go as I still had an attachment to Diana. So New Horizons came around and decided to give her another go, hopefully to actually keep her this time. I eventually did and now she's a mainstay for many games to come forward. As for what I'm going to do with her in my Citycore Island, you may know her dream job is to become a chef, so I'll incorporate her house to some sort of fancy restaurant type in some way.
So now you know why I like them, but do I feel any embarrassment for liking them after so many other people prefer having popular Villagers as their dream Villagers? Not really, I mean, I do get some questionable comments for Cashmere talking about why I have her in my island, but I shouldn't try to balance my Villager tastes over a hivemind, I like who I like and that's final!

Now it's your turn to confess. And don't be shy, I know you want that confetti.

i wouldn't say i ever feel embarrassed for liking the villagers that i like, i like who i like and that's about it ʅ(´~`;)ʃ

my final lineup of villagers are mostly permies rather than dreamies and i'm okay with that since i've become way too attached to them to even consider letting them leave/kick them out

i'd say that actual dreamies were raymond, marshal, and marty while the rest are permies
my permies are sparro, apple, ruby, jitters, maple, zucker, marina

Yeah, don't really care what people think of my villagers. I love Paula and her single tooth but she gets a lot of hate online.
Limberg is also one of my favorites.

Not at all. I've got soft spots for some of the "ugly" villagers (not all, though) and besides, no one here will chastise someone else for them having a differing opinion on a villager's appearance.

For instance, I could go on about why Hazel is definitely not the ugliest villager ever; Pate's eyebrows actually make her very cute; Katt should get a lot more love; etc. and there is almost always someone else on TBT that will agree with my thoughts. With that kind of support, I feel much more confident in liking and discussing several of the "unpopular" villagers.

Never, not at all! As long as it makes me happy, why should I care about others' opinions? In fact, I love talking about my favorite unpopular villager (Bea) to hopefully get people to appreciate her too 🥹 I think she deserves sooo much more recognition!! 💖

anyway please look at her. what a darling

1722658438505.png

Never, not at all! As long as it makes me happy, why should I care about others' opinions? In fact, I love talking about my favorite unpopular villager (Bea) to hopefully get people to appreciate her too 🥹 I think she deserves sooo much more recognition!! 💖

anyway please look at her. what a darling

View attachment 574421

I think she’s adorable. 😍 I really like a lot of the villagers that everyone has mentioned here. Even if I don’t, I don’t think anyone should be ashamed or embarrassed for liking who they like.

I admit I am a bit of a people pleaser but I never worried or cared if people liked the villagers that I had. Ofc, if people are rude to me about it which has only happened once, then it is their behavior that bothers me and not the fact they don’t like my villager.

I also never paid attention to who is considered popular or unpopular. I don’t care about that. I’ll like who I like. I like some popular villagers like Raymond and Marshal. I also like villagers who some people consider ugly like Rodney, Tabby, Hazel, etc. Ofc, I didn’t always like them but interacting with people that did and/or seeing them in game helped me become more open minded about them.

No, not really. I like what I like, and I'm not gonna apologize for that or feel embarrassed about it.

I have Beardo on my island, and I love him. He has become one of my favourite villagers, and I don't care what other people think about that.

No, not at all. If someone was going to make fun of my taste in video game pixels, I'd feel more embarrassment for them.

I like it when people's towns have uncommon villagers, especially those species that only have one popular villager or none at all. It gets a bit boring seeing mostly wolves or cats when the game offers so much variety.

never! my absolute favourite villager is rodney, and he seems to have thousands of hate posts about him all over the internet lol

454005437_850876753673341_6201900532844014075_n.jpg
454238936_850878743673142_105085415914374455_n.jpg

There's nothing to be embarrassed about.I think an AC town or island should be like a hockey team: you need a few fancy skaters to score the goals but also a lot of grinders to be on the forecheck and to dig pucks out of the corners...heh.In other words I like my town/island to have two or three "popular" villagers with the rest being unpopular and semi-notable critters.I could never have an island full of "popular" villagers.I don't think it would be nearly as much fun without villagers like Rodney and Camofrog.

Last edited:
Nope! I only go with my favourites. Some of my favourites are not necessarily the favourites of other people...and that is fine! It doesn't really bother me if people hate on a villager that I like. Your fav is always someone's least fav so my philosophy is just enjoy the villagers that you like.

When Hazel first moved to my NewLeaf town, I wasn't a fan of her, but she really grew on me and now I love her. She was a must for my New Horizon island and wouldn't you know she was the sisterly that showed up along with Buck who was also from my NL town and he is the best 💚

I think both of those are unpopular. But I don't care. People who will judge you for the villagers you like aren't really people you should associate with. It's why I always found the tier listing very shallow tbh. People can be pathetic like that sometimes.

It kind of reminds me when the Welcome Amiibo update first came out. I went over to Club Tortimer just to play a bit and it was booming. I am sure some came back solely from the update and or left almost right after. One player on the island would literally check everyone's tpc? and make fun of them for how few badges they had, meanwhile they had all gold which I am sure they hacked to get. They would throw some of the most messed up insults. This knucklehead should've been more embarrassed than anyone they were making fun of.

I enjoy a lot of the popular villages honestly, but there are some such as Static and Freya which aren't super popular but have their own following of fans. I suppose I don't love any of the stereotypical "ugly" villagers enough to keep them indefinitely, but I do like some of them enough that I wouldn't be upset if they were a random move in either

Even if I did love an ugly villager, I wouldn't care what somebody else thought. They can have what they want on their lineup

Back