• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Do you have or want to have kids?

Do you have or want to have kids?

• I have kids

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • I'd like to have kids at some point

Votes: 77 41.6%
  • I'm not interested in having kids

Votes: 94 50.8%

• Total voters
I have always wanted kids. I love taking care of kids and taking care of other people. All my friends and family and coworkers know that I'm a really nuturing kind of person. I worked at Disneyland for 5 years and loved it, but now when I go to theme parks and see young families I just burst into tears. I know several of my friends assumed I'd become pediatrician, but surgery turned out to be my calling instead.

My struggle has been with dating and finding a partner who wants to have kids with me. I got started late (over protective parents, and then I'm slightly socially awkward, and I'm not the most traditionally beautiful person but I'm not bad! Just not a top pick I think, so I end up being sort of a late bloomer), and for while I was very very busy and occupied with work. So now that I just turned 40, I'm starting to mourn that I might not have the family I always dreamed of. I'm busy freezing my eggs, I have a really caring boyfriend but it's VERY complicated and I just don't feel like there are people in my life who will help. My mom would have been so helpful, but she passed away 10 years ago. I don't feel like my dad or brothers are really truly up for intense child care(one of my brothers looks forward to being the fun uncle, but that's very different from helping with diapers). My bestie has physical disabilities that means she won't be as helpful as I'd like, she's struggling and I'm struggling to keep her housed at this point.

I'm considering becoming a single mom by choice and just hiring a full time nanny. It seems very lonely.

Yes I do! Honestly my wife and I are currently expecting to start having kids within the next 1-2 years. It’s going to be quite the change but one I’ll be very excited about!

I don't really hate kids a ton like some people but im just not super interested in raising a kid of my own later in my life, so I'll say no.

i’m not sure, it’s a lot of work to raise a child. i know my parents want me to have kids and my grandma is like “who is going to take care of you when you’re old if you don’t have any children?” which is probably the worst reason to have kids.

i’ve never had any interest in becoming a parent, which may change. i know i’m young but i think plenty of people my age know what they want already.

Last edited:
Back