• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Do you time travel?

ZeroMetroid

Bounty Hunter
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm sure most people on this forum do. I'm very curious though, is it good to cheat the game to get some things done? Or should we take it in moderation as the developers planned, discovering things for ourselves.

Please post with your own reasons down below! I myself prefer not to time travel if I don't have to.

I TT to get villagers out and that's pretty much it. I don't mind people TTing for fun tho.

Last edited:
I TT to get Villagers out and I'm currently TT'ed to Spring so I can do the Bow Wig Project to give out Free Bow Wigs.

I TT to get villagers out and that's pretty much it. I don't mind people TTing for fun tho.

That would be about where I sit as well~

- - - Post Merge - - -

I time travel because I'm impatient. It doesn't ruin the game for me at all, though.

I can see why you would though, the "tomorrow" thing makes me feel like the game doesn't want to be played sometimes.

TT'ing to get villagers out because I don't want to lose my trade lol.

I time travel because I'm impatient [2]

When I'm up at 5am I don't really want to be playing and doing nothing, so I'll just TT to later in the day.

I only TT to get villagers to move out. I haven't gone past September though. I have 9/10 out of my dream villagers now so I have stopped time traveling.

I time travel because I'm impatient [2]

When I'm up at 5am I don't really want to be playing and doing nothing, so I'll just TT to later in the day.

Heh! Yes, I totally see where you're coming from. Sometimes even the early bird ordinance doesn't cut it huh?

is it good to cheat the game

I don't find TTing to be considered cheating at all, just a different approach to gameplay. TTing doesn't negatively effect the game unless you make giant leaps.

But to answer the question, I do Time Travel, but I will stop once I get all my dreamies. Just trying to cycle through and push people out and such..

I only TT to get villagers to move out. I haven't gone past September though. I have 9/10 out of my dream villagers now so I have stopped time traveling.

I guess it is good for buisness purposes. (I had to do it myself recently) Personally, I feel as if I time travel to all the good stuff all the time I'll get tired of the game too quickly >3<

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't find TTing to be considered cheating at all, just a different approach to gameplay. TTing doesn't negatively effect the game unless you make giant leaps.

But to answer the question, I do Time Travel, but I will stop once I get all my dreamies. Just trying to cycle through and push people out and such..

That seems to be the usual reasoning, and I totally agree! I will probably only time travel to get or help with dreamies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

As a little disclaimer. What I mean by "Cheating the game" is that it isn't how the developers intended. But there is nothing wrong with getting some stuff done!

No, but it's not completely out of the question. Recently tried selling my turnips with a UKer who had opened up their gates and stayed late through the night working people in, even time traveling back earlier in the day to ensure many people could make their profit. So I could definitely consider doing that myself for others after selling my own. :)

And in case someone is wondering, I didn't make it in. They were falling asleep and cut off the groups right before mine.

No, but it's not completely out of the question. Recently tried selling my turnips with a UKer who had opened up their gates and stayed late through the night working people in, even time traveling back earlier in the day to ensure many people could make their profit. So I could definitely consider doing that myself for others after selling my own. :)

And in case someone is wondering, I didn't make it in. They were falling asleep and cut off the groups right before mine.

Aw, too bad on the sleep thing xD

On my regular copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I just play normally and try to make my town as nice as possible. Tonight I bought a second copy. I'll probably time travel on there a little bit for fun.

On my regular copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf, I just play normally and try to make my town as nice as possible. Tonight I bought a second copy. I'll probably time travel on there a little bit for fun.

Why two copies? If you don't mind my asking :eek:

Back