• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Donkey Kong 64 Remake Suggestions - DK Isles

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Now it's time to explore each level when I make these remake suggestions. It goes all the way from DK Isles to Hideout Helm. One suggestion I would like to make is to space out K. Rool's ship from DK's Island so swimming would take longer. The other islands should also be spaced out. But to take care of the excessive collecting, backtracking, and all of that, here are the suggestions to follow.

Missions to be Removed:

Every entry about golden bananas, I would suggest removing at least one golden banana from each Kong. I can even explain why. Yes, the banana fairies should stay while the battle arena pads should go away, but if at least one mission per Kong must go, I will explain why.

• Donkey Kong - the lava cave: This one is not as bad as most golden bananas to remove, but here's why I'm suggesting it. I like the idea where one golden banana can be earned by using a shooter and one golden banana can be earned by using an instrument. If this were to apply to all five kongs, the only two golden bananas left to remove are the first golden banana and the lava cave. The first golden banana seems to be more special since it's always the first golden banana so I would get rid of this one. But I do like the lava cave, so there should be another way around.
  • Diddy Kong - Snide's Hideout bonus barrel: Just like what I said for Donkey Kong, I prefer to keep all of the golden bananas that require the shooter and golden bananas that require the instrument so your skills with each kong can be tested. So it's either the barrel on top of the island or the barrel inside Snide's hideout. I would prefer to test the Rocketbarrel Boost move more, so the one in Snide's hideout on K. Rool's ship should be the one to remove.
  • Lanky Kong - K. Lumsy's prison: I won't say any more about the instrument and shooter at this point, so my focus is on the one in K. Lumsy's prison and the one in Creepy Castle lobby. The lobbies with golden bananas are more interesting, so I would remove the one in K. Lumsy's prison.
  • Tiny Kong - Gloomy Galleon lobby pipe: both remaining missions would require the ponytail twirl anyway. But I don't want to remove Diddy Kong's need to use chimpy charge, so the one in Gloomy Galleon should go bye-bye.
  • Chunky Kong - Hideout Helm bonus barrel: I honestly do not like to wait very late to get a certain golden banana other than the banana fairy one, so this one would have to be the one to remove.

Missions to Change:

Judging by my suggestions on what should be removed, there are some edits I like to put in each to take effect.

• Donkey Kong - The one that requires the shooter and the first one are just fine, but to encourage players to use strong kong, I would suggest moving the bongo pad to the same lava cave in the Crystal Cave lobby, but on an island at the far end of the lava cave. If there's any banana to collect in the Frantic Factory lobby, we can put in Dixie Kong's instrument pad instead if we do introduce Dixie Kong.
  • Diddy Kong - with the bonus barrel in Snide's headquarters and the golden banana in Gloomy Galleon removed, we should move Diddy Kong's instrument pad to the Gloomy Galleon lobby. It should also be accessible only by the simian spring move.
  • Lanky Kong - there are two changes to make. One of them is to add a steep ramp in the Jungle Japes lobby and put his instrument pad up there instead of Chunky removing the boulder. The other is in Creepy Castle lobby, where a switch to form a Lanky pad should appear. But you only have a limited time to get there, so you would need to use orangsprint to reach that pad or it will disappear.
  • Tiny Kong - there are no changes needed to any missions involving her. Even her blueprint piece is in the right location. However, they could lower the altitude of the bonus barrel in Angry Aztec a bit to make it more reachable.
  • Chunky Kong - with the battle pads gone and the bonus barrel in Hideout Helm removed, they should make his instrument pad appear when he's invisible. This can be done in the Fungi Forest lobby after the wooden door is opened. You turn invisible, and a triangle pad is revealed. Also, there's no more need to use Tiny to reveal the Chunky barrel. The X button should turn Chunky into a giant as soon as you leave Frantic Factory.
  • Blueprint Piece relocations - Donkey's blueprint piece should be moved to where Diddy's was (Creepy Castle lobby). Diddy's blueprint piece should be moved to where Lanky's was (Crystal Caves lobby). Lanky's blueprint piece should be moved to where Chunky's was (Gloomy Galleon lobby). And Chunky's blueprint piece should be move to the Angry Aztec lobby behind the door Tiny can open.

Other changes:

Now that kongs don't need their barrels to use their barrel moves, some loopholes have been opened. To close these loopholes, one of them is to move the floating island with the Fungi Forest lobby to sea level as a normal island, but a huge rock is in the way. The island with a small cannon should also go, as the island with the barn should take longer to get. Also, Donkey can't use his strong kong move in the Hideout Helm lobby, so they should move the Chunky pad to where Donkey's blueprint piece once was.

Bonus Golden Banana:

A new feature now with all of the golden bananas removed is the bonus golden banana. It's not only grabbable by any kong, but it unlocks a mini-game that six banana fairies unlock.

The one for DK Isles should be capturing all 20 banana fairies and returning them to Banana Fairy island.

Back