• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Dumb or Silly mistakes!

My mistake was putting my mayors house all by its self on its own little island type of land (its surrounded by river on three sides) and no village houses. But now after playing for 3 or 4 days I realize I should have just put my house near my villagers down by the beach cliff cause that island where my house currently is would have made a good spot for a campsite or fountain :(... oh well.... I don't want to start over and lose all my progress :p

Ive done two things I guess. I started the fountain project but after i noticed it was in the wrong place by one row so I went to redo it but I have to wait until tomorrow now >_> also I bought I new piece for my house and now I cant expand my house till tomorrow either. GAH. its like a whole wasted day >_>

So far my dumbest mistake was resetting my PERFECT town map, just so I could blog and document my town from day one on my tumblr. The regret still stings. )':

And my second is asking Isabelle for "tips" on catching bugs when Nookling's already had a net... So I missed out on getting a fishing rod right away and had to wait three days for it to go in stock at Nook's. 3 days of no fishing !? MADNESS.

Missed 3 sharks because of a clutzy thumb.
Got bit by a tarantula because I'm arachnophobic in real life and FREAKOUT OUT running around like a knob.
Accidentally popping out my cartirdge losing a TON of progress.

I'm really liking that this thread exists so that I can read through this thread to avoid mistakes, I actually got the game from amazon so I'm lagging behind in progress.

I didn't really understand fishing at first so... *makes grabby hands to sharks* Nooooo....... ;A;/

I also did the addons to house before talking to Tom about upgrading. ._.a

almost accidentally selling my net to re-tail
or clicking on things i didnt want to sell to retail by accident -.-

I always get psyched out when catching sharks. I do the listen method, and sometimes get button happy and hit it when I hear a nibble noise, not a dunk noise.

Staring at my first Tarantula for a minute or two rather than trying to catch it.
It randomly vanished! I should've just whipped my net out.

I caught four sharks. Then I pressed the power button forgetting to save. Goodbye tens of thousands of bells.

I caught a Whale Shark on the island and I really should have just went home after that, but instead the other person I was playing with totally raged that I caught a Whale Shark and disconnected making me lose my Whale Shark and a Puffer Fish. Both of which I have not been able to find again. D:

I payed off my home but forgot to go back to Tom Nook and ask for an expansion. Now I have to wait another day for a new expansion.
Also, Pascal said he gave me a gift and I thought he meant it was in the water, so I start diving to see if I'd find anything, only to find out it was in my inventory when I got back on land.

Out of the 3 sharks I've encountered so far, I have only caught 1. I'm not even a bad fisher! They kept getting scared away...

I payed off my home but forgot to go back to Tom Nook and ask for an expansion. Now I have to wait another day for a new expansion.

*facepalm*
I knew there was something else I had to do earlier and wandered round lost for ages trying to remember. This better not delay me getting the island. D:
Well his shops been closed for 7 hours now. <_<;

EDIT:
Actually, something funny that happened earlier.
I thought I would check the gate system today before actually using it and done a search and found 1 of my friends had their gate open. I then went to click to see if it opened their TPC or gave more info and Porter immediately went, "Okay, the train is arriving now, KBYE!" And sent me to his town right before I was supposed to go out for dinner. (Seriously Porter, no are you sure this is the town or anything!?)
I got to his town and was just like, "Erm, sorry, I got the train by accident. <_<;"

Sorry again Peach! You were obviously planning playing with others as well. Dx

Last edited:
I picked a different face than I usually do just so the eye color would be more like mine, not knowing that I could actually change the eye color later in the game. I'VE MADE SO MUCH PROGRESS BUT I AM STILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING RESTARTING.

I really don't like the eyes I have D:

I didn't know the King Tut mask was cursed and I bought it the first day thinking "wow I found something so cool!" never could figure out why I was tripping all over the place until I read up on cursed items :<

Why are people saying getting the digital version was a mistake? o_O

I do a lot of the twitchy trigger finger when catching sharks too. T_T

I caught a Whale Shark on the island and I really should have just went home after that, but instead the other person I was playing with totally raged that I caught a Whale Shark and disconnected making me lose my Whale Shark and a Puffer Fish. Both of which I have not been able to find again. D:

Ugh, that's so annoying! And pretty pathetic lol, big deal you caught a whale shark, they'll do it at some point too, definitely not the end of the world. Well I hope that doesn't happen again to you.

Back