• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Dumb or Silly mistakes!

I think your map is OK, like mine it's not "perfect" but you get used to it. I guess if it bothers you then reset but I don't want to reset and lose Wolfgang.

Thanks Kitsch, I think the re-tail being over on that side is what bothers me. I would prefer a more central location but oh well. I don't like my villagers or my fruit so resetting wouldn't be a big deal.

Tried buying turnips for the first time. Lin on linandko said she never buys turnips that are selling for over 110 bells a piece. These were selling at 92 bells a piece. I never played the stalk market but I figured I'd give it a shot. I bought 200 for the price of something around 18k bells and went over to Re-Tail to drop them in front of the shop so I remember to check the prices and sell them before they spoil. I was dragging them onto the ground in the little picture in your inventory so you drop them, and dragged them a tiny bit further than I should have, wasting 100 turnips in seconds. Yes. I at 100 turnips. In seconds.

I actually screamed out of anger at the game. And I have only done this at a game... 5 or 6 times ever. Very surprised this aggravated me so much, but it did. Now I have to wait till Sunday again. :/

So the silliest thing i did that still makes me smile is when I got the game last week I really wanted to use the photo booth. But being a girl my hair was a mess so I visited the booth when I had freshly washed hair and looked half decent!
Imagine my surprise when the booth takes a picture of my character and not me!

Sold my one and only perfect pear. Waiting for one to regrow.

Just wondering, why do you regret buying digital? I ran to 3 stores yesterday to get the physical copy and I thought "I would rather have the digital so it is always with me".

I may possibly regret my map, can't decide. Feedback anyone? I'm less than a day in so I can re-start:
View attachment 5149

It's pretty to look at, but you say you don't like the villagers, location of retail or fruit so... might as well restart. o.o Plus you have a pond right in front of main street which I know annoys some people. Just my take on it~ Very cute map though, but perhaps not the most convenient?

While I was playing minigames today, I started my first scavenger hunt and wasted a whole minute shaking trees! Then I looked at the map and noticed houses there! xD Derp.

OH MY GOSH, I did the exact same thing! xD I was wondering how the heck we're supposed to shake all the trees in that tiny time frame.

OK, mine... Well I was fishing the other day and caught a Coelacanth but didn't realise my pockets were full (you can ALL see where this is going). I went to swap it with a Sea Bass and accidentally hit Quit. Bye bye coelacanth...

Luckily it rained last night and I got another one, but STILL!! How stupid do you have to be to do that and yet I still managed.

Getting a different colour flower and then destroying it by accident. Lesson. NEVER RUN THROUGH THE FIELDS OF FLOWERS. Hahaha

Not really a mistake. More of an annoyance: not hitting the money rock fast enough and not getting all the cash it gives out.
Losing a bug you haven't caught before because you moved too fast.

Tried buying turnips for the first time. Lin on linandko said she never buys turnips that are selling for over 110 bells a piece. These were selling at 92 bells a piece. I never played the stalk market but I figured I'd give it a shot. I bought 200 for the price of something around 18k bells and went over to Re-Tail to drop them in front of the shop so I remember to check the prices and sell them before they spoil. I was dragging them onto the ground in the little picture in your inventory so you drop them, and dragged them a tiny bit further than I should have, wasting 100 turnips in seconds. Yes. I at 100 turnips. In seconds.

I actually screamed out of anger at the game. And I have only done this at a game... 5 or 6 times ever. Very surprised this aggravated me so much, but it did. Now I have to wait till Sunday again. :/

I've done this xD now i drop edible things by using the menu. :) Though i still equip things sometimes when i'm meant to drop it.

on topic: i keep deleting paths when I try to pick up stuff near them. I need to play a bit slower :p

I missed my "Became Mayor" shot because I didn't know you have to press L *and* R to take a picture. :c Thinking back, I could have just reset, but I was so in the swing of things I didn't really feel like it!

Going through all of the tips Isabelle gives on the first day for a watering can and once I received the watering can, accidentally selling it at re-tail....

Cutting down all the trees in my island x_x

You can get new fruit from the Island tours! Don't worry, I cut all my trees down and replanted them yesterday :p

The best ones for getting fruit are usually the bug/fish or diving tours.

I think I've just made a silly mistake, Kitty has just asked me if I can catch her a moth and I said yes... why she asked me to do this during the day I don't know, but I figured I'd catch one later, until it dawned on me... it's summer solstice, it's not going to get dark!

EDIT: All was ok, the moth was still hanging around Retail's light in the evening, the poor moth must have been disappointed though since he was waiting and waiting, yet the light wasn't coming on.

Last edited:
It wasnt really a mistake...
But during online play, international on the island it was quite laggy and this way easy to catch them expensive bugs.
So I caught a lot of them but then it disconnected out of the blue and all my bugs were gone.
I should have left earlier - i was pressing my luck, I guess. (I probably had bugs worth over 250k in total :( )

Accidentally sold my shovel yesterday...before getting the money and gem rocks :(
And of course there wasn't a shovel at Nook's yesterday...or today. So if anyone has a shovel in their shop i'd be more then happy to snag it. Just sayin'.

I was hoping to avoid making these this time around i guess not :/
a villager was in my campsite forgot the name but it was a female yellow bear anyway I talked to her a few times and when she asked if she could move in I figured why not? in order to get her to come I had to win a game. figuring it would be a game of skill the next bit didn't worry me as much as it should of as part of the game if I lost I had to give away my one and only black roses. not being sure of how the system worked thinking it was my only chance I accepted to find out the game was.... rock paper scissors first to 3... so of course I lost 3.1 lost my black roses and decided to not try again. moral of the story? probably never trust a bear/

Back