• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

English videos incoming!

Jeremy might get it early too, I remember the owner of ACC got City Folk early because ACC was popular.

It seems odd Nintendo would chose him of all people. He's just a guy with a wordpress and a small Youtube audience.

Who happens to review Nintendo games. He will not be the only one who will be getting the game early for reviewing, if you are notice and have enough of a fanbase that it could help sales of the game you get picked. I am starting to see it with livestreamers as well, if you are partnered you can get codes to
give out to you viewers which equals more people playing the game.
That how it is.

Who happens to review Nintendo games. He will not be the only one who will be getting the game early for reviewing, if you are notice and have enough of a fanbase that it could help sales of the game you get picked. I am starting to see it with livestreamers as well, if you are partnered you can get codes to
give out to you viewers which equals more people playing the game.
That how it is.

With a subscriber base of 32,000 and no major audience, with this being my proof that it's not too major. Now, on Google's Ad Planner, it mentions there are roughly a thousand or less impressions per day in the past month. Now, an impression is "A single instance of an online advertisement being displayed", which generally represents how many visitors were on a page. I dunno about what you think, but less than a thousand hits per day makes me wonder why they chose a Youtuber who plays a variety of games, not even a dedicated Animal Crossing player would get a pre-copy of the game. But whatever though. Just some dumb Youtuber.

Uhm... wow. A whole month and a few weeks early seems a bit much for them to be giving reviewers the games. Most other games I've seen are usually started about a week or so in advance.

How lovely that the game is clearly already ready to ship. 9_9 Not gonna watch anyways. Watching in Japanese is one thing, because I don't actually know what they're saying. I want everything in English to be a surprise!

This is exactly my thought on it too! It was fine when I couldn't understand, but anything in English gameplay is off-limits to me until I have the game in my hands!

I see where Joshy is coming from when he gets annoyed with people, If that was me fair enough excited fans but there is a limit I would put up with. The fact they are commenting on a lot of his other videos that aren't Animal Crossing asking him to upload videos that would drive me mad.

This is exactly my thought on it too! It was fine when I couldn't understand, but anything in English gameplay is off-limits to me until I have the game in my hands!

I'm at this point too :) Definitely going to wait until I get the game to see the English versions. It's only a month and a bit to go now and I'd like to keep as much as I can new to myself.

I actually have this ritual for whenever a game I really want is coming out. A month before it's release, I just stop playing, looking at, or watch videos having anything to do with the franchise to get me excited for the new game. So, I'm keeping myself from checking up on anything once it hits May 9th.

Considering "The bit Block" reviews nothing but Nintendo things, from what I've seen, Nintendo obviously chose him for that reason and the fact that "TBB" is a review type channel. Now, a good way to get this out would've been PewdiePie, if he had liked these games. 7million subscribers vastly out numbers 32,000.
I personally don't care that he got the game early, good for him. I'm just happy that its 40 days away. Almost one month. And these 5 ish weeks will go by fast

With a subscriber base of 32,000 and no major audience, with this being my proof that it's not too major. Now, on Google's Ad Planner, it mentions there are roughly a thousand or less impressions per day in the past month. Now, an impression is "A single instance of an online advertisement being displayed", which generally represents how many visitors were on a page. I dunno about what you think, but less than a thousand hits per day makes me wonder why they chose a Youtuber who plays a variety of games, not even a dedicated Animal Crossing player would get a pre-copy of the game. But whatever though. Just some dumb Youtuber.

I think it's a tad unnecessary to keep calling him 'some dumb youtuber'. You don't have to like him but there's no need to be repeatedly nasty over it. My personal opinion is that he is incredibly dedicated to Nintendo and did an excellent job at keeping his NL video journals entertaining without giving too many intricate details away. That's probably why he was picked.

This thread just reeks of jealousy.

I honestly feel that he was justified in some of his responses. People are annoying. And despite his job being is just playing video games all day, it's still stressful and very hard work. That's on top of video editing and other things like that.

This thread just reeks of jealousy.

I honestly feel that he was justified in some of his responses. People are annoying. And despite his job being is just playing video games all day, it's still stressful and very hard work. That's on top of video editing and other things like that.

I'm not jealous. I just get tired of these constant Youtuber threads. Seriously. Can someone please just make one generic thread for the Youtubers that play NL?

I'm not jealous. I just get tired of these constant Youtuber threads. Seriously. Can someone please just make one generic thread for the Youtubers that play NL?

Clearly a lot of us enjoy discussing them. I understand you're tired of them but.... Don't read through and comment on them? If you have a genuine concern over the volume of these threads maybe try PMing a mod? That's a better and more mature approach than bashing the YTers.....

oh!
Its that american lunatic that gets EVERYTHING.
I hate being british and living in a poor country.
WHY DO AMERICANS GET EVERYTHING?

Nintendo style. They make us craving for games to makes us buy games we aren't that much interested into.
It didn't work for me. I have have the money for one 40? games actually and it will be Animal Crossing. Until then, 3DS takes dust.

I honestly feel that he was justified:)confused:)in some of his responses. Some people are annoying. And despite his job being is just playing video games all day, it's still stressful and very hard work. That's on top of video editing and other things like that.

That comes with the territory of being popular. You either ignore it or go with it. Obviously, this guy can't take it so he resorts to disabling comments or badmouthing fans. There is no justifying it when you're a professional getting paid. Oh and fixed that sentence for you.

^agree, he should be able to take it, if anything ignore all the negativity. He wussed out, plain and simple. On another note, I won't be watching the english ones. As much as I enjoyed his japanese versions, I want the english part of the game to be a surprise. I've already spoiled a lot for myself, so yeah.. it really DOES seem early for him to be getting the game though. Yes, the game is open ended.. but people are going to swarm over these reviewers getting even more impatient and possibly even bored by the time the game DOES come out. Should have been two weeks ahead, maximum. =/

Good god. These threads pop up after everything Josh does. Give him a break, lol. always start off good and then spiral down into a hole of endless antipathy. :|

Josh isn't the only person to be receiving a "review" copy; which equivalent to the full game btw. Furthermore, he bought the Japanese console and game with his own money.
There are quite a handful of people on Youtube and review sites that will be getting early download codes from Nintendo- including Gamespot, IGN, Gamexplain, etc. This is completely normal. I wouldn't say these people are lucky because they had to work hard to get where they are today- it's not like Nintendo is handing out the game to random people.

A month isn't that early at all. The full game should already be complete and entering the manufacturing process now. Also, I'm pretty sure reviewers won't be able to share actual gameplay footage until a week or two before the official release date.
If you dislike Josh then ok, that's cool. No one is telling you to watch his videos. Put yourself in his position. Read through this thread and tell me you weren't annoyed..

I second this. These threads are becoming redundant.

Good god. These threads pop up after everything Josh does. Give him a break, lol. always start off good and then spiral down into a hole of endless antipathy. :|

I second this. These threads are becoming redundant.

I'd just like to say I made this thread for the attention of people who want to see an English version of the game being played (And seing some more localisation!) and because I thought it was worth getting excited over.
All the fuss going on I consider off-topic, which last night I thought about asking the thread to be closed for, but the whole conversation would just start again elsewhere and people seem to be enjoying voicing their opinions over it. Though I'd rather talk about the game, than the youtubers, and I can't help but think Josh would feel the same if he were to read all this.
However, I do feel 'these threads' have a very valid reason for existance seeing as youtubers have been our biggest source of information on the game.

Last edited:
Back