• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

omg lol who originally said this??
knew it was familiar, but i only now just gotit lol

very nice chocolate cake, Zulehan ;)

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

I understand your rant, but you've been posting this message over and over again. I already get it. I'd admire it on your first iteration, but that message has passed through.

Sorry if I sounded a little too harsh, but there's more important things than pixels under your avatar. All my Lego projects I made since 2012, much more value. A green pinwheel has less value than the Lego Death Star (which I already have).

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg lol who originally said this??
knew it was familiar, but i only now just gotit lol

very nice chocolate cake, Zulehan ;)

That was KarlaKGB that originally posted it. But I have seen no collectible rant any bigger than this:

I know I'm guilty of this because I got excited and over clicked and bought way more than I wanted, but I really feel like there should be a limit to how many single collectibles you can buy in a restock. Because buying 15, 20... or more of ONE collectible is excessive and selfish, unless by accident like I did, I didn't want an empty cart when I was clicking. Plus, I think it would prevent accidental over buys like this idiot right here. I just am getting tired of being *****ing or gloating. It's both unbecoming and turning me off of this side of the forum quickly.

I don't care about the candies, I don't wanna fight restocks and I don't really want any of them except the black one for a few minutes before passing it on, that would be hella epic, but to see people upset, and having been on both sides of the spectrum, collectibles are outta hand and I really dislike it. It's more cut throat now than when I started, and people are grabbing up as many as they can and rubbing it in people's faces like they are great ****... I'm getting kinda tired of it. All over a candy that will at max be worth maybe 400 BTB in a few months.

I'm probably gonna pull out of the collectible trade, I was doing it for fun, not to turn a profit, not to be a selfish person. I like to make deals, I like to work the system. I see it like stock trading, and it's time I sat on my investments for the future. But here's the thing. All of this crap? Worthless. Candies have zero real world value. My white feather? worth nothing. Why make a huge fuss over nothing? When something that's fun is no longer fun, time to do something else. I'll probably do giveaways from time to time, but this is no longer fun because of the people.

I have seen people ***** and cry about missing restocks, and then when they catch it the turn face. I don't care that I missed it. I really don't. I'm annoyed that people are *****ing EVERYWHERE about it. Like that will change it. Honestly.

Anyway, Rant over.

TL;DR:

I'm leaving the collectible trade for a while because it's no longer fun and there needs to be a five individual collectible limit or something because buying up a huge chunk of collectibles is selfish and people will cry about it. Childish.

Six months later and I have to agree with this completely. I don't want all rare collectibles. Just the chocolate cake and the balloons.

By the way, I heard there was a rant. I do not assume it was directed at me, but seems like a good moment to point out how most collectibles I have were gifted to me, rather than me collecting them. Even Easter eggs without message were gifted: Togepi was a gift from PrayingMantis10 before that member even knew me, the Regular was a gift by Maruchan, and the Classic was a gift by ryan88, who was hosting a giveaway for which I made a lucky guess. I had the full house set which I got after months from saving up (and a lucky grab of yellow from the shop), but gifted all of them. I had the full candy set from the most recent Halloween event, but used them all to get Maruchan a Pokeball. Not even 48 hours before I got this choco cake, too, I gifted a choco cake. One of my pinwheels was gifted by a member who wanted to thank my for gifting, and as for the other pinwheel, Pokeball, and Weird Doll, all I can say to that is Maruchan is scary generous.

I simply got lucky on the choco cake with my login to browse for a few minutes before returning to studies, rather than hanging around out of boredom waiting for it.

If you are curious about Jav's 'out-of-character' vent,
here's [ when, who & where ] it's originally from...(clever one there, Jav lol)
...tbh, just like Gracelia, I swear I've seen that somewhere before too -
thanks to Zane and Aradai for pointing it out!!

That said, *throws confetti to Zulehan's unexpected Choco Cake*
It's not every day that we can find random choco cake landing on our laps, while taking a nice leisure stroll. XD
now go and auction that off make sure ppl know that you are the only one selling with that unique timestamp lol

yeah i just copy/paste that thing when the time comes
popped up a few times during egghunt2k15
don't really mean it hahaha

the only saltiness i have towards collectibles is no red balloon for the fair smh

If you are curious about Jav's 'out-of-character' vent,
here's [ when, who & where ] it's originally from...(clever one there, Jav lol)
...tbh, just like Gracelia, I swear I've seen that somewhere before too -
thanks to Zane and Aradai for pointing it out!!

That said, *throws confetti to Zulehan's unexpected Choco Cake*
It's not every day that we can find random choco cake landing on our laps, while taking a nice leisure stroll. XD
now go and auction that off make sure ppl know that you are the only one selling with that unique timestamp lol

As I recall, the woman who quit was a really nice person. She was generous and sweet and just really turned off by her first restock experience.

The funny thing about that one is that the summer collectibles kept getting restocked the whole week so the people who hoarded the first few rounds were stuck with large amounts of swirls and pops that diminished really quickly in value.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was old man leisurely stroll through the checkout line.

And still got one.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, there was ONLY one? Oh, my.

On a separate note, congrats! Nothing beats actually buying something from the store, lol. And not competiting with a million people with very fast fingers. :)

On a brand new topic, does anyone have a guess for when some of the add-ons will be restocked? Like i dont ever remember that purple mailbox being in stock. :)

Congrats on getting the Chocolate Cake, Zulehan!

I remember when I was still a newbie in 2013, I had no clue what collectibles were, but I happened to check the shop and noticed the Chocolate Cakes.. I just bought two of them, and I think there were still some left after that. There was no rush, no people jumping on them the moment they got restocked. I think it's safe to say those days are forever gone. P:

Yes! Those choco cakes were always in stock. I never bought one cuz i thought 129 tbt was too expensive, lol. I bought one months later for thousands.

Congrats on getting the Chocolate Cake, Zulehan!

I remember when I was still a newbie in 2013, I had no clue what collectibles were, but I happened to check the shop and noticed the Chocolate Cakes.. I just bought two of them, and I think there were still some left after that. There was no rush, no people jumping on them the moment they got restocked. I think it's safe to say those days are forever gone. P:

Not only that, but look at the exchange rate. From what I have been hearing, back then when collectibles weren't that high in demand, the exchange rate was very low, and people were able to trade in items and villagers for a whole lot of TBT Bells. With collectibles being too huge of a deal and people being greedy for TBT and collectibles, I've been thinking that Bell Tree is not a fun place to go to anymore. If a new ACer wants to join, I reccomend GameFAQs if they want to meet a nicer community.

Not only that, but look at the exchange rate. From what I have been hearing, back then when collectibles weren't that high in demand, the exchange rate was very low, and people were able to trade in items and villagers for a whole lot of TBT Bells. With collectibles being too huge of a deal and people being greedy for TBT and collectibles, I've been thinking that Bell Tree is not a fun place to go to anymore. If a new ACer wants to join, I reccomend GameFAQs if they want to meet a nicer community.

About the community thing, I do agree especially since some have _very_ high horses at some points when debating. Anyways I will just try and buy a cake off the threads here or make my own thread. Hopefully people will sell at normal prices.

On a brand new topic, does anyone have a guess for when some of the add-ons will be restocked? Like i dont ever remember that purple mailbox being in stock. :)

I was wondering that too. I really want a purple mailbox just to display as a collectible because I think it's cute. Forget that it adds to pm box storage lol.

Back