• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I literally only wanted tbt for download games but I waited too long. Dangg

I understand that the mods didn't want the belltreeforums or tbt having any monetary value at all. They did have value as download codes for a long while and some people spent cold hard cash to get tbt in order to get download codes. Now they are all worthless.

Last edited:
I sold many of my download codes that I didn't want believing that I would be able to buy titles I wanted with the currency I got.

I understand that the mods didn't want the belltreeforums or tbt having any monetary value at all. They did have value as download codes for a long while and some people spent cold hard cash to get tbt in order to get download codes. Now they are all worthless.

Sadly, I agree.
I honestly don't know what to do with them any more.

They really should rethink this rule and at least unban the digital side of it. I undertstand how physical items can become a problem. You can't just take away the value of a currency.

I don't know what to say here. With in-game items becoming worthless and game codes and other stuff like that becoming forbidden, I don't know what would happen to the collectible prices. Maybe they'll go up due to increase in supply over the few items we can spend on now, or decrease because collectibles are losing value. What do you think will happen?

They really should rethink this rule and at least unban the digital side of it. I undertstand how physical items can become a problem. You can't just take away the value of a currency.

Oh yea I found it ridiculous when people where buying physical copies and real items like toys

It's like you buying giftcards with money and now the giftcards have no value. You can't do that. It's just wrong...

- - - Post Merge - - -

It may sound funny that virtual currency on a animal crossing forum losing value is a big deal but it is.

wonder if there's any chance they'll change it again... I feel like they'll be a drop in active users now :(

i sure hope they change it :/ it's a shame
for now i'll just hoard tbt and hope it does change, if not then blow it on collectables and cry

BTB was never something they wanted to be used for things that had REAL life monetary value. It doesn't matter if it is in a physical sense or digital--both still have to use real life cash to buy before being traded away for BTB. I don't blame them for cutting it out, but hey. It does suck for those who were getting their games this way.

This is crazy. I know members who spent hundreds of dollars getting tbt and suddenly one day you take away the value of the currency some people spent great money getting.

I know it wasn't what mods intended BUT it did turn into a currency that had value, which people were willing to spend real cash on. As you always could get a download game you could also get with money. Usually cheaper. Now it's all worthless. Absolutely worthless. This isn't a matter of losing a virtual currency but physical cold hard cash.

I know it wasn't what mods intended BUT it did turn into a currency that had value, which people were willing to spend real cash on. As you always could get a download game you could also get with money. Usually cheaper. Now it's all worthless. Absolutely worthless. This isn't a matter of losing a virtual currency but physical cold hard cash.

it's not worthless entirely. you can still get in game things and art, and art is pretty good too.

Back