• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

if you want to sell the hammer or apple, please pm me, no crazy price thanks, i don't have too much TBT left..

- - - Post Merge - - -

A restock on apples should happen sometime this week I've heard, so maybe you'll get something out of that? c:

oh thanks, but i don't really have time to get online..

does anyone know if theyre gonna be restocking the hammer too or is it just apples

That hammer is expensive as hell. I couldn't afford it even if I had enough bells to buy it. Lel.

It's probably worth mentioning that, at least at this time*, we don't have any intentions of starting witch hunts and hunting down people with the ban hammer in hand for trading these items in PMs or whatnot. We know that we can't 100% stop these kind of trades, but we're not going to promote/encourage it anymore either or allow threads to advertise it publicly on the forum. It will be handled in a similar way as to how we handle duping and power-saving, or how some people have traded with $$$ or gift cards in the past privately against the rules. Of course, you also won't be eligible for our assistance with possible scams if you are conducting an illegal trade either.

If the value of the currency goes down because of this, that's okay with us. As some others have already said, we never intended for the currency to be considered this valuable. I remember some of my friends on here who have been around for years texting me in astonishment of how crazy it was when people first started buying games for bells. It literally blew our minds that anyone would trade TBT Bells for anything with actual value.

I don't think anyone who really truly values our community is going to leave over disallowing the purchase of games for bells.

*I can't see this changing personally, but anything can change, and I don't want this to be taken to be used years later as a 100% guarantee and endorsement that it's okay and we will never ever do anything.

I think one thing I find fair about this rule is that we can stop selling real life prized posessions over pixels. It's pretty ridiculous to trade virtual items for real stuff. I'm pretty neutral over the game codes and DLC codes though.

you guys are worse than amiibo scalpers with your sidebars all decked out imo
square up fam

TBT is basically virtual Monopoly money. It isn't supposed to be worth anything. Hopefully this change will help level the playing field for all members of the community and discourage TBT and collectible hoarding which is bad for the community.

Yay! My 777th post! Today is my lucky day! Too bad there are only 26 minutes of today left for me :(

Last edited:
They are pixels that used to have value. Who knew bitcoin would be worth so much? Like paper money has value equal to extremely important prized possessions even if it's paper. I already stated my opinion in this thread and I'm not going to elaborate much further but I really hope this rule is revised or at least considered revision as it affects too many people negatively.

Last edited:
TBT is basically virtual Monopoly money. It isn't supposed to be worth anything. Hopefully this change will help level the playing field for all members of the community and discourage TBT and collectible hoarding which is bad for the community.

Yay! My 777th post! Today is my lucky day! Too bad there are only 26 minutes of today left for me :(

Although I agree that hoarding TBT and collectibles are bad, those who have a lot of TBT worked hard to own it. They're probably hoarding it because there is nothing they can find that they want to spend their TBT with. As for collectible hoarders, they can own as much as they want. Sharing is caring, but forcing people to give away assets isn't nice.

TBT works like American society. There are some people who are rich and greedy, as they don't want to share. As there are poor people who are willingly to share and are charitable. It's both the one way and the other way around. TBT is the same.

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

LMFAO!!!!

i agreed haha, and nice to see you again after long time..

Maybe since they dropped the exchange of game codes, the rate of BTB will lower. Then again, they did introduce hammers and apples, so those will still be quite pricey.

Although I agree that hoarding TBT and collectibles are bad, those who have a lot of TBT worked hard to own it. They're probably hoarding it because there is nothing they can find that they want to spend their TBT with. As for collectible hoarders, they can own as much as they want. Sharing is caring, but forcing people to give away assets isn't nice.

TBT works like American society. There are some people who are rich and greedy, as they don't want to share. As there are poor people who are willingly to share and are charitable. It's both the one way and the other way around. TBT is the same.

Some people don't work hard to earn it though. Some people sell duped or hacked items for TBT. Some people buy collectibles just to re-sell them for insane mark ups. If there is nothing of real world value to buy with TBT, it discourages these kinds of behaviors and gives people who want to use TBT to trade in-game items a more fair chance. TBT does work like American society, but no one said it should be run like that. We're talking about a game here. We want nice and charitable people on this site, not greedy people who want to exploit the system to get free stuff.

Last edited:
LMFAO!!!!

Somebody already said that nine months ago. It wasn't until Easter when he started copying and pasting.

Yeah, greed isn't nice, but those are virtual items. I say those people in America who are greedy and won't share with the poor should be forced to share. But on TBT, it's not nice to force one member to give up his/her collectibles to another member. Virtual items aren't necessary.

Back