• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Glow Event - an Alolan_Apples original:

- Flower Wand - make a garden in ACNL to enter the raffle.
- Heart Wand - write a love poem to enter the raffle.
- Star Wand - draw a picture about lights to enter the raffle.
- Snowflake Wand - make a Christmas craft to enter the raffle. You can also purchase one.
- Pumpkin Wand - guess how many candy is in the bowl. You can also purchase one.

This sounds like it would be fun. I also approve that the two cool sounding ones can be purchased. ;)

Glow Event - an Alolan_Apples original:

- Flower Wand - make a garden in ACNL to enter the raffle.
- Heart Wand - write a love poem to enter the raffle.
- Star Wand - draw a picture about lights to enter the raffle.
- Snowflake Wand - make a Christmas craft to enter the raffle. You can also purchase one.
- Pumpkin Wand - guess how many candy is in the bowl. You can also purchase one.
Im not the crafty type. But I can do the New Leaf one.

If glow wands are re-released then RIP market for them... also takes away from them being so special. I know people want them, but theres a lot of collectibles that just aren't available anymore (poppers, the multicolored fair feathers). Sorry if you weren't around for that fair, or sold yours... but tis life

The only way this could seemingly be done is if like a very small pool of them were released. However then everyone would whine about not being able to get a new one due to not being fast enough for them.

Tbt market sucks lol

I think the glow wands should be re-released for another fair. If you complain about the ?value going down? then you?re too shallow. Collectibles and events were made for the fun value. Just so people have fun. It?s much more fun to participate in events and earn collectibles then just hoarding tbt and using it as a bragging factor and using it as a value of your character (like some ppl lol)

Well people will always be capitalists here so yeah while I agree it's probably not gonna happen unless they had another similar fair.

my take is that all collectibles things should get at least one rerelease, though with a good time buffer in between for something like the fairs

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok, except for maybe things like the #10 collectible

Tbt market sucks lol

I think the glow wands should be re-released for another fair. If you complain about the “value going down” then you’re too shallow. Collectibles and events were made for the fun value. Just so people have fun. It’s much more fun to participate in events and earn collectibles then just hoarding tbt and using it as a bragging factor and using it as a value of your character (like some ppl lol)

there also supposed to be reminders and reminiscent of the fairs and events themselves. Yes anyone can have them, but still there is a huge proportion of people who would never sell something because its got nostalgia... thats how i feel about my black feather

and if we keep releasing all of them all over so many times to appease the people who are here sporadically etc, its disappointing to the ones who were there. I think the mod team have done a fantastic job of balancing this over the years btw.

Last edited:
my take is that all collectibles things should get at least one rerelease, though with a good time buffer in between for something like the fairs

- - - Post Merge - - -

ok, except for maybe things like the #10 collectible

this would work, i don't care about the market at all but i do like how certain collectibles represent participation in certain events such as the glow wands or the eggs.

super slowpoke probably, but it kinda just occurred to me that with the exception of the final boss feather, all the new multicolored 2017 fair feathers' names can also be used as complimentary slang

Last edited:
super slowpoke probably, but it kinda just occurred to me that with the exception of the final boss feather, all the new multicolored 2017 fair feathers' names can also be used as complimentary slang

Idk "you're a final boss" sounds pretty good too

there also supposed to be reminders and reminiscent of the fairs and events themselves. Yes anyone can have them, but still there is a huge proportion of people who would never sell something because its got nostalgia... thats how i feel about my black feather

and if we keep releasing all of them all over so many times to appease the people who are here sporadically etc, its disappointing to the ones who were there. I think the mod team have done a fantastic job of balancing this over the years btw.

Okay then, you can still keep it to remind yourself of the event. I don?t see what having another event does to that.

the fair patches and event/contest prizes serve as reminders for the fairs

it's why they're ungiftable

(also the prize packs and any other physical prizes too, since what better reminder than something that can possibly outlive this site's lifespan?)

Last edited:
It's always a tough balance between satisfying those don't have a rare item and want it versus whose who already do. I understand how it might feel to someone who spends so much time, effort, and bells to buy a rare item only to have it devalued.

But it's also important to know that items don't have official values usually, so anything can change and it's best not to buy something assuming it will always be just as rare or valuable forever.

And in regard to the Fair specifically, we did have the feather collectibles available in 2013, 2014, and 2016. So it's not as if there's precedent a Fair item can never return.

tbh, I'd gladly take anything I bought/sold being devalued in a heartbeat if it meant more opportunities for people to have (as well as more lineup options)

- - - Post Merge - - -

And in regard to the Fair specifically, we did have the feather collectibles available in 2013, 2014, and 2016. So it's not as if there's precedent a Fair item can never return.

will be curious to see if the next fair will have the 2017 feathers, 2013+ feathers, all, a mix of some of each, or something else new entirely

Last edited:
So I already suggested the pumpkin (orange) glow wand and the snowflake (blue) glow wand. But I would need ideas for arcade collectibles aside to the goomba, pinky, and invader collectibles. What arcade character would be a good yellow one and what arcade character would be a good blue one, so each arcade counterpart can have a glow wand counterpart (like how the Tetris Grid has the moon wand as its glow wand counterpart)?

So I already suggested the pumpkin (orange) glow wand and the snowflake (blue) glow wand. But I would need ideas for arcade collectibles aside to the goomba, pinky, and invader collectibles. What arcade character would be a good yellow one and what arcade character would be a good blue one, so each arcade counterpart can have a glow wand counterpart (like how the Tetris Grid has the moon wand as its glow wand counterpart)?

pac man duh

- - - Post Merge - - -

and galaga for blue

Last edited:
I mean goombas are hardly arcade afaik, so to that end: moblin for orange

perhaps buzz bomber for blue, just to have a sega nod?

granted this would push it into early 90s territory, but ehh...

- - - Post Merge - - -

pac man duh

pac-man isn't an enemy though, plus pinky already exists

kinda like the arcade stuff being one enemy for the series (tetris because the blocks are the player's enemy)

Last edited:
but pacman glow wand would be a cute and easy shape, as well as I think relevancy would be better than adhering to a color scheme

wait, I thought we were talking about expanding the arcade lineup, not sticking pac-man's head on a luminescent pike

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, when was the last time pac-man was ever relevant?

Back