• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

I meant buying from other users to trade later. Doesn't buying collectibles during events just to sell them later seem a little greedy?

definitely not greedy at all. people buy good items and resell them for usually a fair price. its a) how the market works and b) a good way for people who didn’t participate in an event to get collectibles that they wanted.

I meant buying from other users to trade later. Doesn't buying collectibles during events just to sell them later seem a little greedy?

in certain context and aspects it can come across this way, I understand what you mean. But not all examples of it

Can someone explain collectibles to me? I?ve read through all the explanations on here and I still don?t really get it.
I?ve been posting on here for a while now and the collectibles never really interested me. However, I see that a lot of people are really obsessed with them and trading for them. I like the way some of them look, like the spooky ones in particular, but some of them are worth so much. What is the appeal? Are they just for show to display under your avatar? Is it a more efficient way of trading with others than using TBT? Are there any other uses besides trading and the display of them?
And what do the dates mean? I notice people look for specific dates. Does it change the way they look? Sorry if I sound naive, but I really just want a thorough explanation!

Can someone explain collectibles to me? I’ve read through all the explanations on here and I still don’t really get it.
I’ve been posting on here for a while now and the collectibles never really interested me. However, I see that a lot of people are really obsessed with them and trading for them. I like the way some of them look, like the spooky ones in particular, but some of them are worth so much. What is the appeal? Are they just for show to display under your avatar? Is it a more efficient way of trading with others than using TBT? Are there any other uses besides trading and the display of them?
And what do the dates mean? I notice people look for specific dates. Does it change the way they look? Sorry if I sound naive, but I really just want a thorough explanation!

You don’t sound naive at all! Collectables are so popular just because they are cute little pieces of tbt exclusive art purely for display under your profile picture. To be honest I don’t think anyone quiet knows why they are so popular, they just an addictive thing to collect. The dates effect the order in which they are placed on your profile. The oldest dates go towards the bottom right of your lineup while the newer ones are on the top left and like all designs, they look better on certain orders I guess. Hope this helps!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like any currency, because it has rarity and what some users would consider “rich users” (those with rare collectables) it attracts a desire to move up the ladder

- - - Post Merge - - -

For me personally I easily get into collecting things and collectables are pretty cute to me.

Can someone explain collectibles to me? I?ve read through all the explanations on here and I still don?t really get it.
I?ve been posting on here for a while now and the collectibles never really interested me. However, I see that a lot of people are really obsessed with them and trading for them. I like the way some of them look, like the spooky ones in particular, but some of them are worth so much. What is the appeal? Are they just for show to display under your avatar? Is it a more efficient way of trading with others than using TBT? Are there any other uses besides trading and the display of them?

I didn't get into collectibles for quite a while after joining. One day, I saw that they had a Mint collectible in the shop. I didn't have much use for my TBT and Mint was one of my starting villagers, so I bought it. Then, she looked lonely all by herself so I bought the Ruby and Coco collectibles to go with her. It just snowballed from there. It really is addicting.

But collectibles don't do anything. You just display them and they can be used as another way to change your aesthetic, like your signature and avatar.

As BluebearL said, the dates only matter if you want your lineup in a specific order.

Last edited:
Aww. I was hoping for at least a pokemon raffle for the balls or something. Sad day.

I might start a new “assorted” collectibles lineup. This time, each collectible represents a different month:

• Star Glow Wand - January
  • Chocolate Cake - February
  • Green Balloon - March
  • Eevee Easter Egg - April
  • Blue Rose - May
  • Ice Cream Swirl - June
  • Orange Candy - July
  • Tetris Grid - August
  • September Birthstone - September
  • Pumpkin Cupcake - October
  • Apple - November
  • Jingle Doll - December
I made the unfortunate decision to axe my previous “assorted” collectible lineup because I wanted to help stimulate the marketplace. But now, I’m working on getting a new one. Right now, I wouldn’t be interested into buying anymore collectibles as I want to avoid going below 10,000 TBT, so I’m gonna wait until I obtain another rare collectible from the events (or until ACNH comes out).

Last edited:
You don’t sound naive at all! Collectables are so popular just because they are cute little pieces of tbt exclusive art purely for display under your profile picture. To be honest I don’t think anyone quiet knows why they are so popular, they just an addictive thing to collect. The dates effect the order in which they are placed on your profile. The oldest dates go towards the bottom right of your lineup while the newer ones are on the top left and like all designs, they look better on certain orders I guess. Hope this helps!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like any currency, because it has rarity and what some users would consider “rich users” (those with rare collectables) it attracts a desire to move up the ladder

- - - Post Merge - - -

For me personally I easily get into collecting things and collectables are pretty cute to me.

Thanks for the explanation, I feel like I get it more now. I can see how it can get easily addicting, which is why I don’t let myself get into it because I know I would probably get really into it too.. but I need to be saving my TBT for my AC towns!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't get into collectibles for quite a while after joining. One day, I saw that they had a Mint collectible in the shop. I didn't have much use for my TBT and Mint was one of my starting villagers, so I bought it. Then, she looked lonely all by herself so I bought the Ruby and Coco collectibles to go with her. It just snowballed from there. It really is addicting.

But collectibles don't do anything. You just display them and they can be used as another way to change your aesthetic, like your signature and avatar.

As BluebearL said, the dates only matter if you want your lineup in a specific order.

Thank you! I can see why people like them, and they do look pretty cool under people’s avatars :) I cannot let myself get addicted though though — argh!! I need to save my TBT for my ACNL towns!

Last edited:
I wonder when there will be new villager collectibles. I would love to see a Ankha, Timmy/Tommy and Gracie collectible

I'd like to see a Lolly collectible. I think she's popular enough that she'd have a decent chance of actually getting one.

What I'd really like to see is a Sprocket collectible, but the chances of that are slim to none considering how unpopular he seems to be.

For special characters, a Blathers or Brewster collectible would be amazing.

I will do whatever I need to make tangy collectible happen

Even if you need to hand over your dolls..?

Also: still fond of the idea of rare sunset and rare sunrise collectibles :)

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back