• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Events & Collectibles General Discussion

Is it bad for business (on this site) to disable VMs or PMs when you’re trying to sell something? I do it to prevent PM offers, but after that rule change where you cannot interfere with others’ trading threads, I don’t know if that would be a good idea.

I personally don't like the idea of PM/VM offers. For PMs not only does it clog your inbox, but now others can't see what has been offered.

Maybe Bob offers 200 in a PM and Randy offers 190 in the thread. Buuut since Randy didn't see Bob offered more, Randy doesn't get the option to up his offer.

I personally don't like the idea of PM/VM offers. For PMs not only does it clog your inbox, but now others can't see what has been offered.

Maybe Bob offers 200 in a PM and Randy offers 190 in the thread. Buuut since Randy didn't see Bob offered more, Randy doesn't get the option to up his offer.

That’s the other reason why I don’t like them. If I’m going to sell a collectible everybody covets, they better post on my selling thread, not send a PM. It wouldn’t be fair to let secret shoppers win. As for the reason why I disabled them, I don’t like when some people will offer much less for a price stated in the thread. Although I allowed it in the past, I’m not allowing it anymore.

That’s the other reason why I don’t like them. If I’m going to sell a collectible everybody covets, they better post on my selling thread, not send a PM. It wouldn’t be fair to let secret shoppers win. As for the reason why I disabled them, I don’t like when some people will offer much less for a price stated in the thread. Although I allowed it in the past, I’m not allowing it anymore.

That's just cheap and rude to offer much less then stated price, like, they have some nerve.

That's just cheap and rude to offer much less then stated price, like, they have some nerve.

Oh yeah, it is. Now it’s one thing to send friendly suggestions by PM, but if you want to make business with me, you have to do it on the thread now.

I felt that it was rude to ignore someone’s offer back when I accepted PM offers for less, but I didn’t realize that sending these offers were rude. Another reason why I did accept PM offers for less back then is because of the lack of TBT in circulation, and trying to sell collectibles for a lot back then wouldn’t generate any business. But it wouldn’t matter if I sold a few collectibles for lowball offers because I scalp collectibles a lot. And I giveaway TBT.

EDIT: On a more interesting note, my long history of scalping collectibles is beginning to bite me back because now I’m reverse-scalping collectibles to clear my inventory sooner. I buy others’ collectibles to help them obtain TBT, but when I resell what I have, I end up making less than what I bought them for.

Last edited:
Drama on this site isn’t just limited to users. It can also occur within collectibles. Apparently, I had poorly-behaved collectibles before. My “assorted” collectibles were once treated poorly by the apple collectibles that dominated my sidebar.

Did anybody else ever owned collectibles that were being mean to other collectibles within their inventory?

Last edited:
Drama on this site isn?t just limited to users. It can also occur within collectibles. Apparently, I had poorly-behaved collectibles before. My ?assorted? collectibles were once treated poorly by the apple collectibles that dominated my sidebar.

Did anybody else ever owned collectibles that were being mean to other collectibles within their inventory?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if people had a bunch of one collectible. Even if no one else or barely anyone had that collectible. It's their's therefore people shouldn't really say stuff like that about other people's lineup's. I think people like that should also keep in mind that the other user can say stuff like that too. Even if it's not as many of the same collectible as the other person's lineup.

Last edited:
Drama on this site isn’t just limited to users. It can also occur within collectibles. Apparently, I had poorly-behaved collectibles before. My “assorted” collectibles were once treated poorly by the apple collectibles that dominated my sidebar.

Well, my Sweet Feather did have quite some sass when she arrived in my inventory because she knew how super happy I was when she was sent over to join my inventory. And Pink Feather having been the only feather in the bunch for such a long time did not take well to the sudden introduction of another feather of course.. Let alone a sassy highly sought after feather! Luckily all collectibles worked through these turbulent times together and everyone is pretty happy again because they now finally understand: the more, the merrier.

Last edited:
Well, my Sweet Feather did have quite some sass when she arrived in my inventory because she knew how super happy I was when she was sent over to join my inventory. And Pink Feather having been the only feather in the bunch for such a long time did not take well to the sudden introduction of another feather of course.. Let alone a sassy highly sought after feather! Luckily all collectibles worked through these turbulent times together and everyone is pretty happy again because they now finally understand: the more, the merrier.

Although some collectibles can get along with mine, others can’t. I’m still trying to sell my green balloon because it does not appreciate apples.

I remember the conflict when I tried selling collectibles (either by shop or by auction), and when something like this happens, it gets me to establish business rules so whatever I don?t like doesn?t happen again. But by establishing these rules, it has taken a toll at my selling threads. Examples:

1. One of my past auctions became a disaster after someone argued about a snipe guard and another withdrawn from the auction. Therefore, I announce that there is no snipe guard in future auctions, as well as setting a rule banning withdrawal from the auction. But then, I noticed that fewer people are participating in my auctions. I thought the lack of business had to do with my poor business decisions (like setting a high starting bid, auctioning multiple collectibles at once etc). But after my pastel disco ball egg auction, I finally learned my mistake. It was not having a snipe guard. If I don?t have it, fewer people would bid in my auctions so they could keep the price as low as they can. So I held an auction with a snipe guard, and it was a huge success.
2. I learned my lesson about accepting good offers after turning down an offer of 10,000 TBT + apple when selling the star wand. I preferred 12,000 TBT when it wasn?t worth that much at the time. Not only I ended up selling for less than the offer, but I also didn?t get any free apples afterwards. So now I have to learn to accept the best offers available. But over the next two years, it appears that I didn?t learn my lesson because I continue asking for more bells than what most of the community thinks the collectibles are worth, ignoring the fact that a shrinking community is leading to the drop in TBT Bells in circulation. I finally learned my lesson on not pricing my collectibles too high.

I wonder how banning PM and VM offers is going to affect me in the future. I felt like disabling VMs and PMs is too much, but I?m not sure if even banning offers through those is bad for business.

in my complete honest opinion i don't think disabling pms or vms will make a difference at all

I prefer doing trades over PM but maybe that's just me ?\_(ツ)_/?

if I'm not allowed to send a PM I probably just won't offer at all haha

yes but I've seen it where people snipe a collectible via pm before a person can counter offer... I mean I offer what I think is fair each time, but willing to go above if necessary. However, if someone were to then just PM someone and I don't get a chance to counter, yeah that seems like bad etiquette and protocol.

I give the same respect and etiquette to my trades and i would expect the same. But just because thats the way you go about trades, doesn't mean everyone follows the same way. Hence why I think its more fair to have everything out in the open

- - - Post Merge - - -

as a seller, trades out in the open drive competition which means you sell for more... so idk why you would accept only over PM anyway

i dont like pm offers ‘cause i had a situation where i was trying to sell collectibles to people and someone else kept pming their higher offers and made every transaction very frustrating and confusing

it also makes me think they’re trying to hide something lol

Will there be a restock for any collectible in the Spooky Shack? I still have some Bad Luck Charms but everything is sold out. :(

Will there be a restock for any collectible in the Spooky Shack? I still have some Bad Luck Charms but everything is sold out. :(

At the end probably. Since there are other people that also still have charms they might do a restock after. But I don't think they normally say when they're are restocks, as there have been a few but I haven't seen any announcements of when they got restocked.

So people are stocking up on party poppers now while they're cheap. Later, I can imagin them going way up in price. This is a bit unsettling to think about tbh

Back