• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

EVERYTHING learned from PAX East!

Has anyone heard anything about rude villagers returning?

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 11.38.46 PM.jpg

this is some info from someone who was at PAX East and said they asked the nintendo reps. of course i'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but it does look like they might be back?

View attachment 231562

this is some info from someone who was at PAX East and said they asked the nintendo reps. of course i'm still taking it with a grain of salt, but it does look like they might be back?

The crankies were never *******s! o_O

They were very generous and would be pissed at you when they felt you didn't need them. You just needed to know the right replies.

It was sass. It wasn't meanness.
I wanted the crankies, and snooties to get some of their bark back, like in Wild World.

Edit. I will be seriously pissed if they've ruined Wolfgang for me. We've had a fifteen year relationship.

Last edited:

They were very generous and would be pissed at you when they felt you didn't need them. You just needed to know the right replies.

I wanted the crankies, and snooties to get some of their bark back, like in Wild World.

Edit. I will be seriously pissed if they've ruined Wolfgang for me. We've had a fifteen year relationship.

> sass

> wasn't meanness

8p30cibyrth01.jpg

ok

Last edited:

GC version which I still own and love had straight up rudeness lol, which is what so many loved as it made the villagers feel more human tbh. People aren't usually sass/kindhearted 24/7 haha so to me the old rude villagers felt like relatable folk :' )

> sass

> wasn't meanness

8p30cibyrth01.jpg

ok

Yeah!
That's not mean, that's freaking hilarious!

- - - Post Merge - - -

GC version which I still own and love had straight up rudeness lol, which is what so many loved as it made the villagers feel more human tbh. People aren't usually sass/kindhearted 24/7 haha so to me the old rude villagers felt like relatable folk :' )

I remember Tipper having a fight with Angus in Wild World. God they were funny.

I listened in and Angus was apologizing to her. He said something like "I'm sorry I said your makeup was clownish", then Tipper started steaming, and says, "Oh? Then I'm sorry I said you smell like an old boot!"

Good times.

i have some things i've also found from watching pax videos, i've been making a twitter thread with images, but i will link the tweet instead of making a large post with image spam. sorry if i repeat some things already said in this thread, i only really checked the first post.

from the nintendo minute panel (video)

these are from various demo footage videos, here's one. and another

there's more details in my twitter threads but i'm not sure if they're valuable in this thread, or have been said before. but these were my biggest/favorite discoveries.

I don?t mind villagers being rude like AC:pG, as long as there are no more muggings!

Also their rudeness is adjusted based on your friendship with them...

i have some things i've also found from watching pax videos, i've been making a twitter thread with images, but i will link the tweet instead of making a large post with image spam. sorry if i repeat some things already said in this thread, i only really checked the first post.

there's more details in my twitter threads but i'm not sure if they're valuable in this thread, or have been said before. but these were my biggest/favorite discoveries.

Great info! I added the CJ stuff because... wow, he shows up on your island regularly and not just competition days? That's pretty big. I wonder if his 'partner' is his dad! :-D

And yeah I noticed that weird lab in the museum. I'm really curious what it's used for.

View attachment 231562

Yup I saw that. I purposefully didn't put that on the list because, while she's a great source and has posted some stuff that was verified with photos, I don't know how trustworthy the demoer guy is or what his background with the series. Some people try to act more knowledgeable than they are because they like the attention or being seen as an expert, or maybe he hasn't played the GC game to know what it means when people ask if villagers are 'mean' again.

A possible alt explanation is he thought "yep, we still have snooty and smug villagers in the game even though they're not in this demo, and they're not as nice like the others. Yep, they're back!"

Thank you for that!

I saw a pic somewhere of the museum, and it starts off as a tent with the symbol over the entrance.

Not sure if it was fake. It looked real.

I want this bubblegum accessory :p There are going to be so many clothing items to discover, I love it!

mwyhDgy.jpg

I’m just going to post this whole video. Lots of cute tid bits such as when a villager makes something you can ask them what they are making and they will tell you all about it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you think you can chew it?

You can blow bubbles!

Not like MJ did.

I would love it if that were true!

I’m just going to post this whole video. Lots of cute tid bits such as when a villager makes something you can ask them what they are making and they will tell you all about it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would love it if that were true!

I love that they've put some reeds and things for the fish in the tanks!

My fear however, on noses NOT changing to the color of your skin tone, has been confirmed.

Tis bright orange. :(

Lots of stuff in this.

16:20 - Harvey has his own island that you can access from the airport?

Back