• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Expand your Music tastes

^ Well, that wins the thread. Is there any point continuing? It's just brilliant.

Anyway, have some In Fear and Faith.

Bonus song:

I know its a movie theme... But damn, so relaxing! Just something that caught my attention a few weeks back and somehow stayed with me.

My internet is really slow. I can only watch videos late at night when it gets better. But when I saw this post...

Time for some more of my favourite Metal bands.

With Nightwish and Sirenia on it I HAD to make Serenity load and listen to it.

AND OH MY GOD. Hahaha wow! A new great symphonic metal album for my collection. I now know what I will do when my dad gives me my monthly money ^^;. Thank you for posting this Suave_Spencer! I haven't gone "band hunting" in a while.

--

Serj Tankian is one of my favorite musicians of all time. I haven't listened to System of a Down yet, but his solo albums are great. From his voice, to the lyrics, to the instrumentation, I love him.

So when he released his classical symphony album Orca, I was shocked in a good way and I couldn't believe what my ears were listening to. Serj Tankian is a great artist, but I never imagined who would then do the other kind of music I love the most.

That album only has 4 songs. I hope he makes another classical symphony album someday. ^^

With Nightwish and Sirenia on it I HAD to make Serenity load and listen to it.

AND OH MY GOD. Hahaha wow! A new great symphonic metal album for my collection. I now know what I will do when my dad gives me my monthly money ^^;. Thank you for posting this Suave_Spencer! I haven't gone "band hunting" in a while.

Try the rest of their albums too. For their latest they've added a female vocalist, whose name I forget, as well as Georg Neuhauser. I'll add a couple more bands to this post, but I can recommend a lot more if anyone is interested.
I've never really liked Serj Tankian, of SOAD for that matter, but I quite like the style on that song.

Lunatica

Delain (with Marco Hielta of Nightwish!)

And, just for fun, the Turisas cover of Rasputin by Boney M.

Ah yes, Delain! The supergroup that happens to have many of my favorite musicians ^^.

Particularly this song with both Marco Hietala and Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) O: :

That Rasputin cover is really fun ^^ hahaha. Turisas is not necessarily a favorite band of mine, but Rasputin is very fun to listen to. I would dance to it if I could.

I have also listened to a few Lunatica songs. They are really good but I can't seem to put my hands on any of their CDs.

--

My family got me this beautiful gift. It is a compilation CD of Metal Covers of Ghibli Movies. All of them give me the chicken skin because they are really good. This one's probably one of my favorite covers because I love Arrietty ^^

This used to be my favorite band. It brings back so many memories of long car rides to the beach for summer vacation. Here are 2 of my favorite songs by them.

/sees Glee in url.. no.

Because everyone should doze off to this piece of awesomeness.

Xiu Xiu recently made an album of Nina Simone covers and it's really, really good. Here's the tracklist:

1. Don't Smoke In Bed
2. Don't Explain
3. Pirate Jenny
4. Flo Me La
5. See Line Woman
6. Just Say I Love Him
7. The Other Woman
8. Where Can I Go
9. Four Women
10. Wild Is The Wind
11. You'd Be So Nice

Because it was in my head whilst I was at work, this is going here.

Also this, because it is cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Last edited:
Back