• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Fantasy Life General Thread

Extra info; you also get EXP when completing a quest!

Tell me your secret! I only have 2.333 Dosh so far, LOL. I'm currently 5 hours and 23 minutes into the game. I'm a Paladin but I'm thinking of switching to Hunter so I can attack from a distance. I keep dieing at the entrance to the whatsitcalledagain cave. (*)

I'd love to play on-line but I want my character to be a bit stronger so I'm actually useful, haha.

I'm actually proud of myself; I've managed to complete three quests and I've scored two bounties so far! Yay! :D

[EDIT]
(*) Hahahahaha, oops. I was trying to get into the wrong cave, LOL. *facepalm* But I found the right one now!

Well I've tried to slowly do most quests and I haven't really had a need to spend my dosh other than for basics. I've also sold most things I've collected like the flowers and beehives and items you get after beating monsters which is mainly what has made me get money fast - especially the monster drops. It also helps to get dosh when doing grinding as it can mount up quickly.

Got my blacksmith level upto adept but I could still do with some extra training! If anyone wants anything made let me know

I've been hoarding my items so far not selling them. Used to think Nook's house prices were bad, Pam's are no better, so better start selling some items to get some money. I now have 10 points to allocate but keep changing my mind what to use them on so have been hanging onto them.
I have just completed the second part of the story and trying to decide whether to start a new life yet.

I bought a pet with bliss points, how do I get him out of my room and to travel round with me? or is he just a house pet?

took me ages to find the Western grassy plains and even now don't really know where they are or how to get back there again. There was a very useful plantation there with lots items to pick up, but also some nasty radishy things, just as bad or even worse than the carroty ones that attack.

Last edited:
I got enough points for another Bliss Bonus so I tested (meaning I quit without saving) the Horse Riding one. You can rent a horse for 50 Dosh but if you dismount it, it immediately runs back to the stables. You can also get attacked when riding a horse and when that happens the horse throws you off and runs back to the stables. It's helpful to move a bit quicker than running and to save SP, but honestly, I don't think it's worth it at this point. But apparently you can get to a point where you actually own a horse (rather than rent it) and then it'll stay with you when you dismount it.

I now have 10 points to allocate but keep changing my mind what to use them on so have been hanging onto them.

I know how you feel. For me it's also a matter of deciding which Life I want to specialize in because the points you allocate have different results.

From what I've been reading, you would want to mainly use your points on:

Strength and Vitality as a Paladin/Mercenary.
Dexterity and Strength as a Hunter.
Intelligence and Focus as a Magician.

But I know that you can change at some point in time (not sure when, though) how you have allocated your points (for a price, but again, not sure what it is), so it's not exactly permanent.

I bought a pet with bliss points, how do I get him out of my room and to travel round with me? or is he just a house pet?

Well, I'm not sure, but maybe there's something you can do via Menu and then Status? It should show who's in your party so maybe there's an option to add your pet? I know they can follow you and go with you on quests and such, so I'm guessing it's done via the Menu option. (Unfortunately I can't check because I got the letter that throws you into the next chapter.)

took me ages to find the Western grassy plains and even now don't really know where they are or how to get back there again. There was a very useful plantation there with lots items to pick up, but also some nasty radishy things, just as bad or even worse than the carroty ones that attack.

Oh, yes, same here. It took me forever to find the Western Grassy Plains. The map isn't very helpful with such locations. I kept thinking "western = I have to go to the west to get there". Except it's more something of a "I have to go south first, then go east and then go west". And try not to get killed by the bandits; it took me a while before I could pass them (and I didn't defeat any of them; I just ran away from them as quickly as I could, haha).

Ya, I'm jealous of you guys. XD Doesn't NA usually get games before Europe? ugh. lol

I'm debating hanging out on this thread and getting too hyped, like what happened with Tomodachi Life, then getting disappointed with the actual game not living up to everyone's excitement....

On the other hand, this game looks similar enough to ACNL and Disney Magical, both of which I LOVE....but even more complicated with the RPG aspect...so I think I should get excited about it. :)

Ya, I'm jealous of you guys. XD Doesn't NA usually get games before Europe? ugh. lol

I'm debating hanging out on this thread and getting too hyped, like what happened with Tomodachi Life, then getting disappointed with the actual game not living up to everyone's excitement....

On the other hand, this game looks similar enough to ACNL and Disney Magical, both of which I LOVE....but even more complicated with the RPG aspect...so I think I should get excited about it. :)

You have permission to get hyped. I found Tomodachi Life boring as it was doing the same thing over and over. Well, one thing I AM doing in this game over and over is getting killed by one or other of the nasties in the grassy plains, but there is so much to do and see, even without the RPG element, I can't see myself getting bored with this game for a long time.

I also find the map pretty useless, and am still getting lost on a regular basis, especially on this Grassy Plains when I am running for my life from things that would do me harm. In the morning I am going to choose a new life, maybe blacksmith and forge myself some decent gear. I think I will allocate my points to help me when fighting, as it seems a large portion of the game is dedicated to eliminating things trying to kill me.

Yesterday evening, I received a v1.6 patch for my Japanese version of Fantasy Life, which was released in September 24th 2014. If someone who can easily read the Japanese source page, I'd be grateful to know what is actually written. Perhaps this update data enable my online features to communicate with players from every single corner of the world? It doesn't hurt for me to try online play with oversea owners of Fantasy Life and see what happens.

You have permission to get hyped. I found Tomodachi Life boring as it was doing the same thing over and over. Well, one thing I AM doing in this game over and over is getting killed by one or other of the nasties in the grassy plains, but there is so much to do and see, even without the RPG element, I can't see myself getting bored with this game for a long time.

I also find the map pretty useless, and am still getting lost on a regular basis, especially on this Grassy Plains when I am running for my life from things that would do me harm. In the morning I am going to choose a new life, maybe blacksmith and forge myself some decent gear. I think I will allocate my points to help me when fighting, as it seems a large portion of the game is dedicated to eliminating things trying to kill me.

Yikes, sounds scary! Runnnnn! lol
Ya, I'm gonna go ahead and get excited about it, because that's more fun...and anyway, nothing can be as disappointing as TL. XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

NA club Nintendo members can do the intend to buy survey for 10 coins on club Nintendo :eek:

https://club.nintendo.com/coins.do

Oooh, awesome...every bit helps. :)

I'm going to play some more later today. I kinda got thrown into the next chapter so I'll try and complete that first, before figuring out whether to change my Life or not. :)

Also, forgot to mention this for those interested; this game has a day/night cycle and it's pretty cool; you're playing and it gets dark and then it gets light again. I haven't really figured out how quickly it moves compared to real-time, though, but it's definitely quicker (and different) from AC:NL.

I'm going to play some more later today. I kinda got thrown into the next chapter so I'll try and complete that first, before figuring out whether to change my Life or not. :)

Also, forgot to mention this for those interested; this game has a day/night cycle and it's pretty cool; you're playing and it gets dark and then it gets light again. I haven't really figured out how quickly it moves compared to real-time, though, but it's definitely quicker (and different) from AC:NL.

Is it a nice progression from day to night and then day again? Like is it a gradual change or BAM it's dark

Is it a nice progression from day to night and then day again? Like is it a gradual change or BAM it's dark

It's gradual. There's actually a little banner thingy (for lack of a better word) with either a moon or sun on it, to give you an indication of what the time is. I'll try to pay attention to see how much real-time one day in-game takes.

Also; this game is amazing with all the details it has. Like when clouds are passing by, there are shadows moving on the ground! It may sound silly but that really made me smile! However, you can't look up at the sky like you can in AC:NL (or if you can, I haven't found yet how to do so).

Got the game on Friday, just started playing today. I really like it so far, though it does feel a little overwhelming - the game encourages you to explore at your own pace, but for some reason, I feel pressured and obliged to fulfill all quests as quickly and efficiently as possible. That's the perfectionist in me, I guess!

Watching gameplay videos, I always thought the graphics looked a little bland, but I'm really pleased with them now. The music is super cute - as I was entering the Eastern plains for the first time (sorry if the name is not right, I'm playing in German), the atmosphere really got me and my heart suddenly beat a bit faster - quite like when I first entered Hyrule field in Ocarina of Time. That's saying something <3

I already feel behind though, I imagine it's difficult in multiplayer if the players are at very different levels, so I'm trying to catch up with my European friends asap.

I've only played TL's demo, but I don't think you need to worry about getting disappointed with this game. :) It's really how YOU want to play it and there's a LOT to see and do that you won't get bored anytime soon. You can really play at your own pace. There's a main story, yes, but you advance by talking to Flutter. Between chapters it's a "Explore Reveria freely", so when you're ready to continue, then you just go talk to Flutter. And even if you're doing a chapter, you still have the freedom to do what you want. The only thing you can't do then is talk to Flutter to check how many Bliss Points you have because Flutter isn't inside your room, but that's pretty much it! :)

I think it's more similar to DMW than AC:NL. I know this game keeps getting compared to AC:NL, but the only thing they have in common is the fact that you can customize your room (and from what BiggKitty has told me, that's one room and not several ones like in AC:NL) and that you can dress up your character how you want and change their hair style and color. From what I've read, it can more be compared to Rune Factory, but I've never played RF so I can't say how similar or different they are. :)

Well, one thing I AM doing in this game over and over is getting killed by one or other of the nasties in the grassy plains, but there is so much to do and see, even without the RPG element, I can't see myself getting bored with this game for a long time.

Agreed. Like I told BiggKitty; I want to run in all directions, talk to everyone and do stuff, you know? :p

I really like it so far, though it does feel a little overwhelming - the game encourages you to explore at your own pace, but for some reason, I feel pressured and obliged to fulfill all quests as quickly and efficiently as possible. That's the perfectionist in me, I guess!

I know the feeling! I keep telling myself to take this slow but there's so much to do and see that I tend to get a bit hyper about it, haha.

Watching gameplay videos, I always thought the graphics looked a little bland, but I'm really pleased with them now.

I thought the same thing and I was debating on whether or not to get the game precisely because of that reason. But I'm so glad I bought it; the game is absolutely beautiful and the details are amazing! I'm very happy with it. :)

I already feel behind though, I imagine it's difficult in multiplayer if the players are at very different levels, so I'm trying to catch up with my European friends asap.

Yeah, that's kinda the thing about this game; given that you play how you want to, we're all going to end up with different results. I'm thinking that for levels we'll be more or less the same (well, depending on how much we play; I work full time so next week I'm not going to have a lot of time to play :(), but our skills and what not, might be different. I'm currently level 7 but since I haven't used my points yet, my stats are still the same, so I'm sure I would be pretty useless in multi-player, haha.

Ok, I am now pulling my hair out, I changed my life to become a blacksmith so I could create some new gear for fighting.
I have unequipped my sword and shield, I have been given a basic hammer, but I cannot for the life of me equip the wretched thing. I think I have done so and then press A which should make the hammer appear in my hand, but NO, it is nowhere to be seen.

As far as I know, I go to gear, choose the hammer and press A for select, press Y to equip and then press B to leave, why don't I have the hammer at the end of it?

Anyone with any answers Pls let me know

Alright, nevermind,I am getting this game >_< I love RPGs and I adore ACNL and Harvest Moon, this game sounds perfect to me.

And Libra, I'm from the Netherlands, so we live relatively closeby =D Once I get the game, maybe we can play together sometime!

As far as I know, I go to gear, choose the hammer and press A for select, press Y to equip and then press B to leave, why don't I have the hammer at the end of it?

Have you tried pressing Y first and then A? If that doesn't help, then I'm not sure what else to tell you, sorry. :(

And Libra, I'm from the Netherlands, so we live relatively closeby =D Once I get the game, maybe we can play together sometime!

Hallo, Nederland! :D

I'll try to pay attention to see how much real-time one day in-game takes.

Okay, I've observed this and I would love for someone to confirm this, but it seems that the cycle is about 30 minutes day-time and 30 minutes night-time. Which... doesn't seem like a lot, is it? I'd thought it be at least one hour for each cycle, but it seems to be only 30 minutes.

Speaking of that, are there any streetpass features in the game?

Okay, here is what I can tell you:

If you enable StreetPass you can share your character data with other players through StreetPass. The characters of the players you encounter will then appear in your world. They will only appear in and around Castele. If you talk to them enough, your friendship level will increase and they may give you a present. Your character may also appear in other players' worlds. By checking your own profile, you can set a message and a gift to be sent to other players via StreetPass.

You also mentioned the keyboard and friend notifications earlier, is there free-chat during multiplayer?

From what I'm seeing and understanding from the explanation in this game; yes, you can. An icon "Chat" appears on your screen when you're in multi-player. You can also use four pre-set messages. And you also have the option to travel to your friend's location, which is quite useful!

Then there's also the Link part of this game. Here is what I can tell about that:

• You use it to activate the Snapshots function. This allows you to take a picture by pressing Start. You can activate this during the first chapter, so unfortunately, you can't take any pictures when you're creating your character.
  • There's also the Link Mode, which makes an icon appear on your screen that kinda looks like a radio with an antennae thingy. You can use it to send greetings to friends who are also on-line as well as share each other's in-game notifications.
Messages can be sent in the following ways:

• Select "To Everyone" to message all your friends
  • Select "Friends" to send an individual message
  • Turn "Notifications Settings" on to send notifications to your friends about things that happen in the game. You can respond to your friends' notifications with the "Applaud" option.
That's all I can tell about StreetPass and Link Mode. It hope this helps at least a little! :blush:

Huh, I just found a Secret Treasure Chest. I was a bit further than where Florentina's house is (where you can change your hairstyle) and suddenly a red question mark appeared above my character. I took another step and the question mark disappeared. So I went back, saw the question mark again and pressed A and a message appeared saying "You found a Secret Treasure Chest!" I opened the chest and inside was a Life Cure (always nice to have!). It seems this game has quite a few surprises we have yet to discover! :D

I was worried the game would be a little boring, but I'm really impressed so far! It's not repetitive because you can 'change your life', so it's not just one of those games where you do the same thing over and over again. I've got two licenses, magician (adept) and angler (fledgling), I'm up to Port Puerto :) I'm a bit confused about the link feature though, it seems like you can only play with people in your 3DS friend list, sort of like ACNL, should be more interesting once more places get the game :D

Ok, I am now pulling my hair out, I changed my life to become a blacksmith so I could create some new gear for fighting.
I have unequipped my sword and shield, I have been given a basic hammer, but I cannot for the life of me equip the wretched thing. I think I have done so and then press A which should make the hammer appear in my hand, but NO, it is nowhere to be seen.

Anyone with any answers Pls let me know

If it has a little E in the top left hand corner then you have it equipped, have you tried using the blacksmiths workshop yet? The hammer (or saw etc) isn't a visible object. If you know all that then um I'm not really sure what to do about that really.

Back