• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Feed Us! We're Sick Of Fruit!

That would be awesome if your character could drink wine and get tipsy. I could drink wine and play AC and it would all make sense LOL. Although they may have to change the rating for a feature like that ;)

Imagine what the 3D features would be like for a drunk character.

I don't see why we need foods other than fruits. I didn't even know you could eat the fruits for the longest time. Then I accidentally had my character eat one!

Eating food is nothing more than a little quirk the game was given for atmosphere. Doesn't really do much so I don't see the need to add onto it. I mean, we don't stop for bathroom breaks or drink water either and we haven't wet ourselves of dropped over dead from dehydration!

However I wouldn't be opposed to bushes that grew berries and stuff like that. I don't really care for vegetables though. Harvest moon gives me enough gardening fun, I don't really want it in animal crossing too.

-Fruits and Bamboo shoots
-Candy
-Chocolate
-Coffee
-Ice Cream
-Fortune Cookie
-Cake
-Turnips
-Special regional holiday food(Sushi roll, grapes, etc.)

I honestly think there are enough.

Not really... because then the food disappears.
Animal Crossing isn't really about... eating fruit. Or eating anything at all. It's not like our characters have HP, haha.

Am I the only one who doesn't eat in animal crossing?
I sell my fruit and don't really care about other food items =/

I wouldn't take part in any alcohol drinking. 9_9 I don't hold those who drink in high favor since my father was a violent alchoholic, his father did rude things towards my mother while he was drunk, and being drunk wound up getting my father caught in an explosion. Whenever my mom drinks she usually destroys something or screams at me and blames me for all the problems in her life.

Now my brother is getting random violent tendencies and I'm starting to think it has to do with the bottles of alcohol that he keeps in his bedroom. I vowed never to drink and I'm never going to.

Am I the only one who doesn't eat in animal crossing?
I sell my fruit and don't really care about other food items =/

I know, right? I never really worried about food. Still, the townsfolk still talk about lemon merengue a lot. Where are they getting this stuff, anyway?

On one hand, making more foods for the very small feature of eating... Seems pointless. I do like the idea of being able to cook in animal crossing, but not having veggies or other things used to cook with. The idea makes it kind of weird to me.. It's like I want to cook, but I don't want all that stuff in the game added on just for that. I guess if I did have to choose, I'd say... Neither! Open up a restaurant if anything, eat in or take out. :) that way there are more foods, without complicating the process. This would make real pic nics easier too, take out food.... I'm getting hungry.

if they had a hunger bar, it wouldn't be animal crossing anymore.

Yeah no hunger bar, just more food options for fun. That's why I said restaurant, it wouldn't be something people need to do, but could if they wanted to, without adding all the extra crops and stuff

I honestly don't care. I never eat in-game, so I wouldn't use the feature anyways. I would always sell the food unless it was a request.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you sometimes receive ice cream in the Happy Homes neighborhood?

I agree that having more edible foods would really add to the game, but (like most people are saying) only if you don't have to eat it.
Though it might be cute if, after a while of not eating something or at the usual meal times, your character's stomach makes a little growling noise and it indicates on your character screen that you're hungry xD but I wouldn't want the stomach growling to bother me every 5 minutes. I feel like it would be a pretty easy thing to satisfy though, what with all the fruit trees.

As for a veggie garden, that would be really nice too. Cooking could also make for a fun little activity :3

Giving certain foods to a villager based on their likes would be a good idea. Like giving a carrot to a rabbit to make them happier with you. Or if you don't like a certain pig character in your village, you can always send them bacon xD

Back