• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Feed Us! We're Sick Of Fruit!

Don't go flying off the handle there pal. Dunno why you think I said I think we'd have to eat all the fruit we pick.

You must have a hard time handling every game ever that doesn't have a food bar feature. I've never played a game where a character had to eat in order to not die. Besides Minecraft, and it annoyed the heck out of me when that 'feature' was implemented.

When I'm playing animal crossing I just want to run around and catch fish, talk to villagers, and decorate my house. We shouldn't be required to feed ourselves every so often. If hunger is implemented it's usually more of an annoyance than an interesting feature. You can already feed your character. Why not just give them fruit yourself? Why should the game tell you to do that while you're playing.

You said "I'd rather sell all my fruit rather than eat it". Implying that if you had to eat, you would be unable to sell any of your fruit.

Omg. ONE fruit a day. Did I not explain this already? Like, maybe the first time you tune into Animal Crossing every day, your character's stomach would grumble until you gave him a fruit or something.

I don't know why you're blowing it so out of proportion that it would really get in the way of your game.

idk. why do we get stung by bees and require medicine?

We don't. Bees add a little adrenalin and risk is all. You don't have to get medicine. The 2nd time you talk to villagers they forget about your ugly face. The stings only look bad, and when you save the game they go away. The game is meant to be played casually, so there is fruit to sell, or if you want to feed your character. Personally, I am thinking of using fruit baskets as decorations.

On topic now, I would like options to buy more than coffee. I don't like coffee. Being able to plant vegetables would be cute. The bamboo is kind of like that. You plant it in the ground, and harvest from the ground. The problem with bamboo though is that if you forget to harvest it, it grows. You can't just leave it like fruit trees.

It would be cute if we had more food stuffs that could be displayed in our homes (and eaten). I know Japan has eho-maki for Setsubun but I'd love to be able to make different sushi and sashimi from certain fish we catch.

We don't. Bees add a little adrenalin and risk is all. You don't have to get medicine. The 2nd time you talk to villagers they forget about your ugly face. The stings only look bad, and when you save the game they go away. The game is meant to be played casually, so there is fruit to sell, or if you want to feed your character.

if you can ignore the big ugly thing on your face, then you can certainly ignore your little tummy grumbling every now and then.

And dragging one fruit from the two inches from your bag to your character on the bottom screen is easier than going out to buy medicine or restarting the game.

Dude. You can already feed your character once a day yourself. Role Play in your head that you need to eat at least once a day and do that. You act as if the feature isn't already there. Just pop a fruit in your character's face yourself.

We don't want the game to tell us we need to feed ourselves. The feature is literally already there. You don't need the game to tell you that. Some of us don't want to waste a fruit a day. Considering that shaking a tree gives us three fruit. I'd only eat native fruits since they're worth less at the store. That would leave me with two fruits I don't want and a bland, fruitless tree for a few days until the fruits grow back.

The bees are acceptable because of course a hive of bees is going to fly at you if you shake their nest down. If you're unlucky enough to miss catching them, you get a nice little sting. It probably takes all of 1 minute to save, quit, and then restart your game. If you don't want to do that, buy medicine. If you don't want to do that, then walk around with a bee stung face. |: I do that when I don't want to save and quit. Once you talk to the villagers at least once they forget all about it.

There are only a handful of games that use hunger as a feature. Mainly because the thought "hey our characters should be required to eat!" is not a thought game makers have. Animal Crossing's creators did have a similar thought though: "Our characters should be able to eat fruit if the player wants!" You can eat fruit already. Make sure you feed your character once a day. Don't ask us to do the same, we don't want to.

Everyone starts getting mad about opinions lol

Any pew, absolute yes to a beer and hammer/net attack-a- thon!

What's next, the need of a bathroom, that food has to go somewhere you know.

Animal Crossing is fine as it is.

Everyone starts getting mad about opinions lol

Any pew, absolute yes to a beer and hammer/net attack-a- thon!

Yes. I'm there! I get it on 14th so let's not go arranging NA launch day whack a thons!!

What's next, the need of a bathroom, that food has to go somewhere you know.

Animal Crossing is fine as it is.

Haha at least it would put the toilets to use rather than sitting there taking up space I coud use for real furniture

Last edited:
I always thought that bees were supposed to be a "punishment" for shaking and cutting down trees. Shaking the trees for the bells is kind of like a get-rich quick scheme, so they put the bees into the game so that you would have to be careful for messing with the trees. It was also kind of like a Russian Roulette kid of game. If you wanted to catch the bees, you had to deal with the fact that you may end up getting stung. Or at least, that's how I interpreted it. It's the same way that Resetti is a punishment. You don't have to deal with the negative effects of those things, because they are optional activities.

The hunger bar would be received negatively for the same reason that grass wear was: this game isn't meant to have limits. People didn't want to be forced to just walk everywhere, and they didn't want to have to stay on their paths. People got mad because their gameplay was restricted because a natural action in the game caused had a big consequence. With the hunger bar, people would essentially be punished for preferring to sell their fruit, or wanting to do something else instead of eating. Realism doesn't make sense in a game where you are supposed to be able to build your dream world.

I know there is sushi in the Japanese version, and I think a few other food items that can be eaten at events.
Also, I think the European version will be getting grapes to eat on New Years.
I guess what I'm getting at is there should be plenty of extras to munch on!

Back