• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Feed Us! We're Sick Of Fruit!

Am I the only one who doesn't eat in animal crossing?
I sell my fruit and don't really care about other food items =/

I never eat fruit either unless I am miles away from Nooks and don't want to go all the way there

I like how the original post about more food options led to the planning of drunk parties.

I think more food options could add to the game. I like the idea that was mentioned about giving specific foods to a villager to make them happy. And a restaurant would be fun! Maybe Brewster could expand his Caf? a little to make a proper eating area, and then when you sit down at a table a cute maid would come get your order, and you'd be able to pick from three different dishes or so, varying each day.. And after you gobble it up the AC way, you'd get a fun message just like when you get coffee from Brewster! Something like that. It would also be fun to simply see villagers sitting at a table, especially together! You never actually see villagers do something together other than talk. It would be fun if there was more interaction between them!

Okay, totally going off topic now.

It would've been cute if you could eat snacks with the animals. The lazy and peppy villagers are always talking about food so why can't we nom those kind of snacks? :c

I haven't been able to catch a scorpion or tarantula yet it either WW or CF, but it would feel so good to be able to bite the head off after finally nabbing one. Okay, maybe the second one, Brewster has dibs on the first for the museum.

Ahhhh that sounds adorable! XD totally suits animal crossing. Having dishes just be like the coffee, that would be fair enough for everyone, I think.

So would needing water and having to change your clothes every day.

Realistic =/= Fun

I'd rather sell my fruit than be forced to eat it.

And so would taking trips to the doctor to make sure you stay healthy and stay inside and take medicine for at least three days if your not, and having to respect fishing regulations as well.

Realism is fun(not)

Realistic =/= Fun

I'd rather sell my fruit than be forced to eat it.

Wtf? We're talking about realism and then you're implying that we have to eat all the fruit we pick? You say that you'd rather sell over eating. I didn't say you had to eat 50 apples a day to sustain energy. I don't know what realistic world has humans eating 50 apples a day. I'm sure sacrificing one of your many apples surely wouldn't set you back too far, would it?

And when I say realistic, I feel like our character should atleast eat SOMETHING. It just seems a little awkward to me that our characters never ever eat. I didn't say that this should become Animal Crossing: Real Life, where you need to exercise and put on sunscreen and brush your teeth and take showers and pee five times a day. I don't know why you're making it seem like feeding our character a little bit is going to make the game not fun anymore, or rather add a giant obstacle in your AC life. I feel like our characters should at least deserve a piece of fruit. But this is just my opinion. It's not in the game, and never is going to be (probably).

Don't go flying off the handle there pal. Dunno why you think I said I think we'd have to eat all the fruit we pick.

You must have a hard time handling every game ever that doesn't have a food bar feature. I've never played a game where a character had to eat in order to not die. Besides Minecraft, and it annoyed the heck out of me when that 'feature' was implemented.

When I'm playing animal crossing I just want to run around and catch fish, talk to villagers, and decorate my house. We shouldn't be required to feed ourselves every so often. If hunger is implemented it's usually more of an annoyance than an interesting feature. You can already feed your character. Why not just give them fruit yourself? Why should the game tell you to do that while you're playing.

I wouldn't take part in any alcohol drinking. 9_9 I don't hold those who drink in high favor since my father was a violent alchoholic, his father did rude things towards my mother while he was drunk, and being drunk wound up getting my father caught in an explosion. Whenever my mom drinks she usually destroys something or screams at me and blames me for all the problems in her life.

Now my brother is getting random violent tendencies and I'm starting to think it has to do with the bottles of alcohol that he keeps in his bedroom. I vowed never to drink and I'm never going to.

Sorry Berri, we were just kidding around. I'm sure we'll have plenty of regular, non-drinking wifi parties when the time comes. ^_^

Yeah, Animal Crossing just wouldn't feel right with a hunger bar. Harvest Moon does it so that you don't have all day to grow your farm, and the Sims does it because that's the point of the game. Animal Crossing is meant to be relaxed. It's pretty much doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, so putting in an obligation like that would kind of close up that freedom a little bit.

Exactly.

Eating is optional in this game. If you want to eat your fruit, eat it. If you want to sell it, sell it.

But throwing in a feature that requires you to eat would be useless for a game like Animal Crossing. It would just cause people to get frustrated that they have things preventing them from playing.

Yeah, Animal Crossing just wouldn't feel right with a hunger bar. Harvest Moon does it so that you don't have all day to grow your farm, and the Sims does it because that's the point of the game. Animal Crossing is meant to be relaxed. It's pretty much doing whatever you feel like whenever you feel like it, so putting in an obligation like that would kind of close up that freedom a little bit.

This this this. I use cheat codes in Sims to keep the motives from decaying because it's so annoying!

I wouldn't take part in any alcohol drinking. 9_9 I don't hold those who drink in high favor since my father was a violent alchoholic, his father did rude things towards my mother while he was drunk, and being drunk wound up getting my father caught in an explosion. Whenever my mom drinks she usually destroys something or screams at me and blames me for all the problems in her life.

Now my brother is getting random violent tendencies and I'm starting to think it has to do with the bottles of alcohol that he keeps in his bedroom. I vowed never to drink and I'm never going to.

Sounds like a plan. Off-topic but I've vowed to never smoke or drink. Im 21 and still holding true to my vow

Sounds like a plan. Off-topic but I've vowed to never smoke or drink. Im 21 and still holding true to my vow

I'm the same, no drink or drugs and nothing will ever tempt me out of that.
Maybe we should hold a sober event if they do a drinking one and eat all the unfermented fruits from our towns. xP

Back