• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

First NA Commercial

Nothing could be worse than the City Folk commercials.

YES LET'S PLEASE REMEMBER THE TERRIBLENESS OF THE CITY FOLK ADS. This is totally fine. I like it a lot more than those boring tourism ones being shown online! They're trying to appeal to little kids I think, since they know us adults are already stoked on it x3 it's acceptable I think.

ehh i have mixed emotions about it, it was kind of cool, but at the same time, if i didn't know what the game was about, being 17, i wouldn't even bother looking into it. Could just be me though.

It looks like a ****ty fan made commercial. Also, why do an all CG world? Save you're damn money and make a regular commercial. But I guess they were targeting it at children so I guess it'll work.

Tourism trailers, people complain about its direction towards older audiences. These ads, complaining about it being targeted towards children.

And what do you mean why make it all CG? It looks way more interesting then the all-gameplay ones made for other regions.

Also you need to relax.

Tourism trailers, people complain about its direction towards older audiences. These ads, complaining about it being targeted towards children.

And what do you mean why make it all CG? It looks way more interesting then the all-gameplay ones made for other regions.

Also you need to relax.

You need to not tell me to relax and just accept that I have a differing opinion.

I lol'd.

To be honest, I don't really know how you would advertise Animal Crossing. When you look at it from the perspective of someone who has absolutely no clue what the series is about... it sounds a bit dull. /shot

So I can see why Nintendo tried the "cheesy" route. Wasn't really my cup of tea either but I don't really care because the advert isn't meant for me as I'm already acquainted with the series and will be buying the game.

That is really....cringe-worthy. It's like a walk through a Sesame Street sing-along. I can't take it, haha.

You need to not tell me to relax and just accept that I have a differing opinion.
"
It looks like a ****ty fan made commercial
. Save you're damn money and make a regular commercial."

I think you do need to calm down a little bit. The commercial is not a big deal.

Oh my gosh, animal crossing is dooooooooomed!

:rolleyes:

Honestly, the commercial is fine in my opinion. It's not like it has to be perfect and address every single expectation we have.

This commercial is going to attract a very young audience, but severely push away anyone with a maturity level above a 13-year-old who has never played the series before. I'm 20 years old, and I may be a child at heart, but if I saw this commercial on TV and had never played the game, I would think it was the stupidest and most childish game I had ever seen. This commercial is like taking The Regular Show or Adventure Time and advertising them to look like Blue's Clues or The Wiggles.

And that's coming from a guy who spent the past 6 months writing his own personal 50-page-long guide for the game.

Honestly, I did not like it. I understand that they where probably attempting to appeal to children, but there are far better ways they could have gone about it! They made the game look very boring and did not really show anything. I feel like I could give them a few pointers. For example, have the main character walking around in a zelda outfit, and going into a house filled with furniture from the Mario franchise, and other cool furniture. (They're all owned by nintendo, too!) And then have a shot of the character having a (funny!) conversation with a villager. Also, showing off things like bug-catching and fishing, as well as the island, which would be appealing to the younger population.

There are so many directions they could have took with the commercial to garner interest in the target audience, but I feel like they only focused on being the mayor, and in a half-hearted way. No offense meant towards people who liked it, but it is not a very good advertisement to draw in new fans, because it doesn't portray the game very well.

i personally didnt really like the ad I understand you can only do so much with so little time i would have preferred something similar to the originals ad back then it felt like a game aimed for college party kids (which i loved) however this one does show a little bit of what you can do in the game andi guess that could be enough for some people on a side note seeing that kid have an animal crossing XL makes me want mine even more than ever now

This ad was kinda neat, didn't bug me much. But then again, I don't remember the older commercials too much either.

Relatively speaking, this is actually a pretty good commercial. It gets the idea of customization and socializing across well, and boasts some nice visuals of the game. Yeah it's a little bit juvenile and cheesy, but it's certainly a lot ****ing better than the City Folk commercials.

Realistically, younger gamers are the ones most likely to see the add anyway. It's not likely Nintendo would buy up primetime ad space on a long shot sell. So of course it's geared to younger players, it'll probably be played most on kids stations. Marketing towards older and adult gamers for this game depends on review sites, bloggers, forums, word of mouth, etc. I don't think NL is short on any of those. I don't think 30 second clips is enough to sell NL to an adult who's never encountered the series before anyways.

That being said, I still enjoyed it. I think it captured the childlike whimsy of the games.

Well I'm 20 years old and I thought it was cute. Of course they are trying to appeal to kids, if I was a kid I would want this game or see what it is about, I think the ad will accomplish what it is set out to accomplish. Also, clearly this ad isn't meant for mature gamers, I think the Animal Crossing: New Leaf Tourism trailers were meant for them.

Back