• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

First NA Commercial

Was this your answer?
This commercial would turn me away from New Leaf if I've never heard of it.

Lol, how? I said it would revolve around that pic, not be exactly like it.
Let me illustrate*

[Scene]
Man enters home, exhausted from a hard day's work. Looks frustrated/annoyed/tired. He proceeds to the couch while loosening tie and kicking off shoes. He then whips out his limited addition 3DS XL.
Spokesperson chimes in: "Sometimes you just need a little you time" -Shows a montage of some of the activities you can engage in, lets say, fishing, shopping at Nook's Homes, and a community project ceremony.- Spokes Person continues as the gameplay footage is shown: "In Animal Crossing New Leaf you can do whatever you want whenever you want." Maybe a quick shot of the man's face with an expression of pure giddiness.
Then a shot of the ACNL 3DS XL while the spokesperson says "only on Nintendo 3DS."
[End Scene]

And there can be several other commercials that follow the same theme. Maybe one is with a little kid who had a tough day at school. Same dialogue and some different gameplay footage.
And yet another one, with someone you wouldn't expect to be playing AC:NL, like some tough biker dude with a leather jacket.
Same dialogue and even more gameplay.

I think that would get the idea of Animal Crossing across beautifully. A relaxing game where you can do whatever you want, whenever you want, especially after a busy day.

Lol, how? I said it would revolve around that pic, not be exactly like it.
Let me illustrate*

[Scene]
Man enters home, exhausted from a hard day's work. Looks frustrated/annoyed/tired. He proceeds to the couch while loosening tie and kicking off shoes. He then whips out his limited addition 3DS XL.
Spokesperson chimes in: "Sometimes you just need a little you time" -Shows a montage of some of the activities you can engage in, lets say, fishing, shopping at Nook's Homes, and a community project ceremony.- Spokes Person continues as the gameplay footage is shown: "In Animal Crossing New Leaf you can do whatever you want whenever you want." Maybe a quick shot of the man's face with an expression of pure giddiness.
Then a shot of the ACNL 3DS XL while the spokesperson says "only on Nintendo 3DS."
[End Scene]

Okay, ignoring the fact that you said the commercial should revolve around little kids about the age of 10 and then putting your whole commercial together centered around an adult man, that commercial sounds really nice. That would be a really nice commercial to see.

Hm.. well, it wasn't good, but.. not all that bad, haha. I thought the life-sized Isabelle was adorable~

Okay, ignoring the fact that you said the commercial should revolve around little kids about the age of 10 and then putting your whole commercial together centered around an adult man, that commercial sounds really nice. That would be a really nice commercial to see.

I don't remember saying it should be revolved around little kids around age 10. If you're referring to the picture, I meant it would revolve around that concept.

I am still just so in love with this commercial. If I was that kid, I probably would've picked up Reese and squeezed her!

It was... okay. It was cheesy but halfway through I realized I'm not in the target audience so it was okay overall. I still LOVE the original Gamecube commercials they ran for Animal Crossing (basically a spoof of The Real World).

Not a big fan of this commercial, but I don't usually like game commercials. I doubt it'll get much airtime anyway....

It's just sort of... awkward? :rolleyes: And I don't feel like it really gets to the point of Animal Crossing. Yeah, it's really fun to customize everything, but don't most sim games let you do that? Animal Crossing is really unique, and I don't feel like that Animal Crossing "atmosphere" comes across here. I definitely prefer some of the more subdued Japanese commercials that show someone just playing the game.

Well... that was... interesting. Why did the characters sorta jiggle, like the were huge gummy bears?... I mean, gummy alpacas... LOL.

The original GC AC commercials are pretty much just the best commercials.

Exact things I didn't like:

-Generic bouncy music! Doesn't even feel like Animal Crossing.
-Only emotion from any of the characters is a the deer's surprise face for a split second.
-Animals seem like puppets that just bounce around a little or do generic animations just so you know they're there.
-Animal Crossing world is a flat abyss that goes on forever and fades into white in the distance.
-The whole "you can make this look however you want!" had the same feeling of the subway "you get to decide what sub you want" thing.

I'd suggest my own ideas for commercials but for some reason commercials can't be more than 30 seconds long now and that's pretty much not enough time to do ANYTHING. |:

Just saw the commercial on TV for the first time. Had a good laugh at its cheesy ways

Back