• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

First NA Commercial

I think they could have aimed a little higher for the target audience, at least Nintendo of Europe have been able to pull off advertising for older gamers including for the Animal Crossing franchise. This is a problem with the US, they are still intent on targeting games for children. It's gotten a little better over the years, but when they show 13 year olds playing Animal Crossing and pokemon and no one else over that age, it has kind of made me feel bad in the past.

Still better than the City Folk commercials.

Kind of reminds me of a New Super Mario Bros 2 commercial I saw where there was this boy who was playing New Super Mario Bros 2 on the 3DS and suddenly there were coins everywhere and the kids were collecting them all.

I rate the New Leaf commercial 6/10.

It almost felt like I stepped into a claymation cartoon... Almost.

Not a fan of this commercial, either.
For me, it's the music. If only they would have chosen music with a... more animal crossing-y feeling to it... But no.

I think they could have aimed a little higher for the target audience, at least Nintendo of Europe have been able to pull off advertising for older gamers including for the Animal Crossing franchise. This is a problem with the US, they are still intent on targeting games for children. It's gotten a little better over the years, but when they show 13 year olds playing Animal Crossing and pokemon and no one else over that age, it has kind of made me feel bad in the past.

That has just reminded me of the pokemon BW adverts we got with one direction playing them. (in UK) They do seem to be more age concious in their aims here.
Though I think people should probably remember this is just one advert. There will be others, and they will show different parts of the game and hopefully from different perspectives. And may the adults be less dull than CF's. xP

I'm pretty sure all the adverts I saw for Let's go to the city were of adult women playing the game actually. Why don't they do something again like this seeing as this age bracket has been proven to pull in a high percentage of sales in Japan?

I'm pretty sure all the adverts I saw for Let's go to the city were of adult women playing the game actually.

Those actually really bugged me...and when I wanted AC:CF, my sister would always say, "You know it's a girl's game right? Just look at the commercials."

That has just reminded me of the pokemon BW adverts we got with one direction playing them. (in UK) They do seem to be more age concious in their aims here.
Though I think people should probably remember this is just one advert. There will be others, and they will show different parts of the game and hopefully from different perspectives. And may the adults be less dull than CF's. xP

Can you link me to this, I'm insanely curious...

HAHAHAHAHA That commercial was awesome. I have no sound on my computer though but seriously it looked cute :) Way better than the CF commercials.

I love how that kid struts through town like a BOSS.

No matter what you all think of this, you know it was better than the ads for City Folk. They really outdid themselves in terms of how bad they could make it.

To people who don't like the commercial, how would you have done the commercial? I honestly can't think of advertising Animal Crossing for what it really was without it looking extremely stupid.

Have you ever tried explaining Animal Crossing to someone? It's not possible!

Last edited:
Well... it's a nice sort of introduction to the game for new players.

EDIT: And it's a definite step up from the City Folk commercials.

To people who don't like the commercial, how would you have done the commercial? I honestly can't think of advertising Animal Crossing for what it really was without it looking extremely stupid.

Have you ever tried explaining Animal Crossing to someone? It's not possible!

I answered that question pages ago, lol. I don't think anyone saw it.

Back