• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Games You Regret Buying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated Wario Land Shake It. I got it cause it was cheap. It was cheap for a reason.

LOOOL same. Sonic & Mario at the Olympics... boring.
Sonic Colors.... boring.
Sonic Racing.... boring.

Woo yeah Wario Land Shake It was a snore. Like some of it was alright here and there and felt a little like Wii version of Wario Land 4, but then other times I was just so bored. I never finished it.

Although Sonic Colors & Racing are alright. The gameplay for Colors was good but the story I could have done without. The original racing was meh, but Racing Transformed is alright for a less than Mario Kart fantasy racer. There were a lot of issues though, but when it worked it worked really well. It's 2nd best in the genre imo, which says a lot cause I can't say there's a 3rd place. The rest are really just too bad to even consider.
Imo though :p

Last edited:
Woo yeah Wario Land Shake It was a snore. Although Sonic Colors & Racing are alright. The gameplay for Colors was good but the story I could have done without. The original racing was meh, but Racing Transformed is alright for a less than Mario Kart fantasy racer. There were a lot of issues though, but when it worked it worked really well. It's 2nd best in the genre imo, which says a lot cause I can't say there's a 3rd place. The rest are really just too bad to even consider.
Imo though :p
When I played Colors I liked how it looked and I enjoyed playing it at first, but I just quit after a little while cause I got bored with it. I would agree that Sonic Racing is a solid second but MK is miles better still.

Ocarina of Time 3D. I bought it back when I didn't have a job and had limited money. I just wanted a 3DS-specific game, and I knew I had loved OoT. That wouldn't enough. They 'remade' the game in such a way that it looks like they just took the original game as-is in its entirety and pasted new textures and a couple of new models here and there. They couldn't even remake the soundtrack.

You can imagine my excitement when my favorite Zelda title, Majora's Mask, was announced to get the same waste-of-money treatment. Both games deserve so much better.

Conception II. (might or might not have posted before but reasons;

english audio only.... dude wt.f

the fact that it only got digital release in EU, although I managed to nab some LE containing the soundtrack that was the NA physical here

Kinda useless to have like 7 girls to woohoo with cause.. you really don't need it unless you're gonna platinum it.. i guess

way to steep grinding curve towards the end

Tomodachi Life. :( I bought it for 40 bucks and was bored of it after 4 days. I regret it forever and always.

Journey. That game is so pointless. Was there ever a lot of people online in those fields at one time? It's always sparse.

The Cursed Crusade was the first (and so far only) game that I bought that I absolutely regretted. It is so boring and has way too many level up options. By way too many I mean like, level up your dual shields abilities, level up your dual wielding of a sword and a mace/ sword and spear/ spear and mace/ etc plus ability trees for just individual weapon types. There are no set classes just endlessly ability trees. And the worst part of that was that you didn't know what ability trees existed because they would not appear until you actually tried the combination out.

The story is super slow. I played for a couple hours and only got to a part where, even though the world is ending, our hero has time to stop and compete in a competition that he has to win. Which is where I got stuck. And gave up. Literally learned nothing other than this guy had magical powers and his sidekick was some weird Hispanic bro.

I thought I would really like it because it is an Atlus game and hey, I love Atlus. But after attempting to play that game I realized that I do not like Atlus. Oh no. I only like Atlus's Persona team.

And it was a $50-60 dollar game when I first got it. Just to add insult to injury.

pokemon: omega ruby. took only 3 days to beat it (15 hrs total). only reason it hasn't been sold is for wonder trading.

Oh man, I've got some...
3DS Games
•Paper Mario Sticker Star (Just plain sucked)
•Mario Party Island Tour (Not that much fun)
•Fire Emblem Awakening (I just didn't like it at all)
•Tomodachi Life (Got boring QUICK)
•Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (Never got into it)
•Super Mario 3D Land (I sucked at it)
•Pilotwings Resort (It's a bad game)

DS Games
•Wipeout The Game (Uhhhg)
•Carnival Games (It was alright. Coulda saved money)

I've more or less enjoyed every console game I've bought, but Disgaea 3 is regret. I like the Disgaea series, but this one just didn't do it for me. Maybe it's because I get nauseated every time I play it couughhs. I should stick to handheld tacticals.

Atelier Rorona. I sincerely hope the games get more interesting because the premise and art is cute but lord that was bad.

also like this basketball game that I got in a box of games from a garage sale that I have never touched. basketbal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back