Gentlemen's Agreement for Strict Constructionism

I wish noobs wouldn't sign this just so they can go to other peoples towns >_> Half the people that signed this still TT/hack/whatever.

Is importing your WW file all that big a deal?

I mean, i did, but I didn't really have much in my catalog
just a couple of things that I definitely wanted
(namely the mad scientist series)

I'm still a gentleman! No TT, no hax or dealing with hackers or taking hacked money or items

i will gladly sign the agreement, many people will vouch for me that I am a gentleman...

I'll sign as soon as I make a new town and profile. I pretty much always TT on the first file I make for any AC game. But when I do make a new file, I'm signing this.

*signs*
I have a friend who time-traveled his City Folk account. If he sends me stuff that is hacked, can I sell it and still be part of this agreement? >.>

*signs*

In WW I never cheated or went on wifi at all anyway and have done everything apart from complete the catalogue, so I'll do the same thing again when I get CF.

*signed*
I never had Wild World, but i time traveled a bit in the Gamecube version. Now that town is reeealy quiet...
So none of that in CF!

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
KingKombat said:
Kolvo said:
-doesn't sign-
So what if I transfer my character from Wild World? Since the others you listed involved hacking, why would that be pooled in with those? I don't see why I cannot use something I paid for and worked on and not use it. I'm still making a totally City Folk made resident though, but I'm going to use my Wild World guy as my primary guy.
...ok, no one cares if you don't join. we just won't wifi with you. no one is forcing you to do this.
Wut? Not playing with someone because they transferred their WW character? What sense does that make?
Well, that means he has access to a catalog that is probably much fuller than mine or someone else's, so he has an unfair advantage over us. I'd rather play with someone who started out on the same level as me. I'm not saying he's worse or better, I'm just saying it maks no sense to post an argument when there is obviously nothing to argue about. If you want to sign it, fine, if you don't, then that's fine too. There's no need to come here and just try to start a whole argument about us trying to bias people. We aren't, we just want to play with people we want. We, as people say, are playing how we want to play.

reedstr16 said:
I socxs I said:
dexGB said:
I socxs I said:
If you dont believe in what the thread says then why post?

I just wanna have fun so I signed cause I believe a vast majority is goin to and I wanna meet new ppl...

W/e time to play AC: CF
I posted because I was saddened to see a topic with nearly 3,000 views and 250 replies where almost everyone seemed be signing up without any question or discussion of why they should. You signed because you believed the "vast majority is going to" and you "wanna meet new ppl...". I happen to think that following the herd is not a good practise in any democracy plus you would meet loads of new people whether you signed or not. AC is one of the most social games I have ever played - and that includes MMORPGs like World of Warcraft.

Oh, and your suggestion that people who can't play ACCF during the day should only play at weekends...good plan. I'm sure they'll be delighted to know they're restricted to playing AC once a week.
You talk as if the limitations he said are that bad...

But yea its your opinion so...

Yea I'm following the herd because imo its not that serious its just a game if the majority do it and its helps me have interactive fun why not?

But yes I suppose I can see where you who dont sign are coming from. ^_^

-socxs-

oh guy above me you cant transfer money... just your catalog to order stuff from the Nookster...,right ppl?

And you gots to make a new character and tell Rover to bring from Wild World or something like that when he ask...

-socxs- again!
what about the stuff that you cant order in the catalogue like the mush series and stuff....????>?>?>?>?>?<>JLKJLKJ B)
Dunno it might...but its pointless you cant buy it so yea...lol

-socxs-

KingKombat said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
KingKombat said:
Kolvo said:
-doesn't sign-
So what if I transfer my character from Wild World? Since the others you listed involved hacking, why would that be pooled in with those? I don't see why I cannot use something I paid for and worked on and not use it. I'm still making a totally City Folk made resident though, but I'm going to use my Wild World guy as my primary guy.
...ok, no one cares if you don't join. we just won't wifi with you. no one is forcing you to do this.
Wut? Not playing with someone because they transferred their WW character? What sense does that make?
Well, that means he has access to a catalog that is probably much fuller than mine or someone else's, so he has an unfair advantage over us. I'd rather play with someone who started out on the same level as me. I'm not saying he's worse or better, I'm just saying it maks no sense to post an argument when there is obviously nothing to argue about. If you want to sign it, fine, if you don't, then that's fine too. There's no need to come here and just try to start a whole argument about us trying to bias people. We aren't, we just want to play with people we want. We, as people say, are playing how we want to play.
Please could you explain how you know someone who you are visiting time travels or has a bigger catalogue than yours?

I live in the UK. If someone from the US visits me at 8:00pm EST it's 1:00am here. It could be argued they are time travelling even though both of us are on correct local time. They'd also find they could not visit Nook's or do much of anything in my town.

I used to get a lot of American visitors on ACWW. In the end I set my DS to US time before I opened my gates to make sure we were at least playing at the same time and could enjoy similar facilities. Under your agreement would this still be looked on as cheating?

I have no objections at all to you asking people to sign and honour pact, I just think you should've explained a bit more clearly exactly what constitutes cheating in your mind. It's too broad and undefined at the moment.

Hmm dex you really think too much into simplstic things...lol
no worries alot people do...
i believe kingkombat is trusting those who sign this like him to not do it...
we kinda kno we really cant stop it...
if you look at it people that believe the same as us are signing thus unless they are lying then we are fine.
Nothing we can really do if they are though.

Back