• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Halloween or Christmas?

Which holiday do you like better?

• Total voters
As a kid, I loved both Halloween and Christmas almost equally. As an adult, I definitely prefer Halloween.

1. Halloween is in the fall, which is my favorite season. Christmas is in the winter, which is my least favorite season by far. I can't tolerate when the weather gets below 50F and I get very depressed during the winter. Plus, I'm usually sick during Christmas, mostly due to the weather.

2. Halloween is all about costumes and I love costumes. I've done my fair share of dressing up, but I love seeing other people's costumes even more.

3. While I like both Halloween and Christmas decorations, I love Halloween decorations more. I like the spooky vibe and will use rats, bats, spiders and other spooky Halloween things all year long. Christmas decorations are only good for December in my mind.

4. I don't get much time to enjoy Christmas anymore. I always take a week off of work close to Halloween because it's so close to my birthday, but it's very hard to get time off around Christmas. There is a limit to how many people can be off each day and everybody is fighting for that holiday time so I'm only guaranteed 2 days off, Christmas Eve and Christmas. The end of the year is also a busy time at my job so there's a lot of pressure to work overtime close to Christmas.

5. Halloween is a more relaxed holiday that I can choose how to celebrate based on how I'm feeling. Maybe I want to dress up and go out, or I want to pass out candy and see all the kids costumes, or I just want to sit at home and watch scary movies. Whatever I feel like doing is acceptable because nobody has any expectations of me. There's no pressure to follow traditions and please everyone. Christmas is very stressful for me as a childless adult because I'm expected to make the rounds and see everyone. I have to find time to visit at least 3 or 4 different groups of family members or else somebody feels left out and gets hurt. That's really difficult to work into just one day. On top of that, a lot of my family doesn't get along, so there's always tension at the family gatherings and I'm the peacekeeper who tries to keep the topics from shifting to things that might trigger an argument.

So in summary, Halloween is a holiday that I still look forward to, even though I honestly don't do as much as I used to in regards to celebrating it. Christmas is nice, but too stressful for me and every year I just find myself looking forward to it being over so my life can go back to normal.

I love both so I find this hard to decide on lol. Both holidays are about having fun, decorating, and just getting in the vibe, but I think I'm leaning a bit more towards Christmas because I enjoy Christmas movies a bit more than Halloween movies and watching people go crazy over the decorations.

I’m a sucker for mint candy and most of the Christmas candy I like mint-flavoured. From my own experience, a lot of candy sold around Halloween has peanuts and I’m allergic. 🤷‍♀️
must be hard because there can be a lot of peanut oil in food.
Post automatically merged:

Is neither an option? I prefer the spring time to be honest. :giggle:
l made it a hard choice. Sorry

I was never allowed to celebrate halloween growing up (parents super religious) so I feel like now that I'm an adult I've gone absolutely Crazy with it

it's also a lot less stressful to celebrate than christmas (don't have to worry about presents or organising how to go to multiple family events etc)

Christmas is my absolute favorite. Halloween was great when I was young, but for years I've just been too busy with responsibilities to participate. Christmas is more of a month than a day in my family, as we spend weeks just planning and getting prepared. I'm very excited for the holidays, especially since I'll be on winter break by next Wednesday.
I've always been busy on Halloween if there is no family dinner planned on that day. Don't know why it's like that for me, but l still get to see ppl in their costumes!

I like both but I’m gonna have to go Christmas because that’s when I get to see most of my extended family. However obviously that’s not happening this year so therefore Christmas 2020 can eat my a**

Between the two I like Halloween for the decorations, spooky atmosphere, scary movies and candy, but I prefer Christmas just a little more (this time) because December usually brings with it new games, stores usually have great deals on items and there's such a variety of tasty treats. Minus the gatherings, which I'm not very fond of. ☺

(of course covid has killed almost everything that made the holidays fun)

it was halloween as a kid, but now that i'm older and can't really trick or treat/do much for halloween its xmas. has been for a few years now really. just general feel good cold weather holidays time makes me happy :3

I voted for Halloween. I've never cared much for Christmas for as long as I can remember.

When I was younger Christmas.

Now that I'm an adult, I think Halloween is better

I liked Halloween when I was little but I don't care about it too much anymore. I love Christmas though, even though I don't do anything interesting for Christmas itself I love the season overall.

I like Christmas (especially going to see Christmas lights) but sometimes the stress that comes with Christmas shopping and seeing certain family members definitely takes the fun out of it for me. At least with Halloween I don’t feel any bit of stress and just enjoy the holiday being whoever I want to be, watch my horror movies, and eat some candy! So I’d definitely choose Halloween over Christmas any day— 🎃

Personally, I prefer Halloween. It's fun to dress up in costume and go trick-or-treating as a kid and to parties as an adult. I love orange, so I love the color scheme of Halloween, I love sweets, and while I'm not a huge horror fan, I do love all the ghost and witchy things that come with the holiday (cute spooky rather than spooky-spooky). Christmas isn't bad, but I hate the colors (red/green is the worst color combination), the snow/ice decor (I hate the cold), and the expectation of buying others Christmas gifts. The one upside is that I love spending time with my family and eating a big Christmas dinner! :)

Christmas! I've tried to like Halloween, but I always give up on it 2 days after the season starts :/
Anyways, I love everything about Christmas. The food, decorations, scented candles, getting free stuff, the music, movies, and especially them memes.
It just makes me really happy and when Thanksgiving rolls around it gets me really excited that Christmas will start again soon. Makes me feel like a little kid again.

both are great but i absolutely adore christmas! the holidays are always so chaotic but i genuinely appreciate the vibes so, so much and am always looking forward to that time of year! i honestly love everything about it but my favourite part is that every year, my mom and i will drive through a bunch of neighbourhoods just to appreciate people’s yard decorations and getting to spend that time with my mom + seeing all of the pretty lights makes me incredibly happy. despite the fact that christmas won’t really look the same this year due to the pandemic, i’m still really excited and hope that everyone celebrates responsibly :’^)

Last edited:
Christmas for me has unfortunately been a holiday of pure stress. It’s customary in my family to overspend on gifts for one another, and I don’t usually look forward to it because everything feels so...forced?

I prefer Halloween because there’s no obligation other than to have fun watching soooky movies, playing horror games, and participating in themed events. I‘m not big on chocolate bars or most candy, but I love the vibe and decor. 🎃

Nothing happens for me around Christmas-time. Never been a holiday the family really partook in. Halloween however, was very social and I have a lot of fond memories dressing up as a kid and decorating the yard for other Trick or Treaters once I was too old to go out myself.

Back