• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Halloween or Christmas?

Which holiday do you like better?

• Total voters
I love Christmas, it's my favourite holiday and one of the only ones that my family have always celebrated (along with Easter, we don't celebrate either in a religious sense but they have always been special family times for all of us), so I voted for that one. When I was young I loved the idea of Santa, the reindeers and receiving gifts, it always felt like such a magical time and I have many happy Christmas memories. While it's not as magical now I'm older it hasn't diminished my love for it and I really like the whole Christmas season and getting into the festive spirit throughout December. I've never really been a fan of Halloween, probably as I'm from the UK and have never really celebrated it as it's not as popular over here but we always keep chocolates and sweets in the house for trick and treaters as it's nice when other people are getting out and enjoying the day.

i love halloween but would love it if everyone was as excited for this holiday as they are for christmas

Halloween for me! I love autumn and the Halloween colors and aesthetic, so it's an easy favorite. I'm a bit old to go trick-or-treating at this point, and kids almost never come by here, and I don't handle sugar very well, so that limits my candy intake a lot... so I don't really do a lot of the traditional activities anymore. Even still, I love decorating for Halloween and seeing other people's Halloween decor, and I love that it gives me an excuse to wear a hooded cloak. Can we bring those back in fashion? They're cool-looking, they're comfy, but the only time I can wear them without getting funny looks is Halloween. Plus, a little family tradition we've always had is having a big feast on Halloween, so that's another thing I'm always excited for, even if it's not a usual part of the holiday.
I like Christmas too, and decorating the Christmas tree especially, but unfortunately I'm not super comfortable around the relatives we usually visit. A lot of my Christmas memories are just me retreating somewhere quiet and waiting until it's time to go home. I'm afraid the stress of having to be around them has dampened my feelings about the holiday a tad.

Halloween all the way, mister. Christmas is nice as well, but I despise all the commercialization of this holiday and how materialistic some people tend to get (I'm not an expert or anything, but I think that Christmas is supposed to be about the birth of Jesus Christ, not how many presents you get!).

Christmas 100% for me! I love the winter season, and all the decorations are so nice. Plus, I always get to do really fun things with friends and family during that time!

Halloween is okay, but the only thing I have to look forward to is getting candy from my relatives.

I really like Christmas because of all the delicious food and being able to see family. I also like to see all the Christmas decorations too.

Easily Christmas. There's a lot of things I love about it, from the food to the presents to the weather to the atmosphere to being around my family, but the best thing is being able to relax and not having to work, lol. As for Halloween, I don't celebrate it and haven't celebrated it for years, so it's just another day for me.

I prefer Christmas.

Halloween is still nice and all because we buy a lot of candy most years, but Christmas is a lot more fun and eventful. Halloween has become more of a "for kids" thing for us. :/

I prefer Christmas. For a bunch of reasons..

Actually, it really depends. Let's say that I really enjoy the way my family is celebrating christmas.
We always walked to the graveyard to visit my Dad's parents and grandma and then we ate some
Wiener with awesome potato salad. Then me, my brother and my father would go into a room and
play some games / talk while my Mom.. I mean, Santa is bringin in the presents. Then we would get
called in with a little ringing noise and be welcomed by tons of presents, christmas music and just
a beautiful atmosphere. <3

The french way of christmas is way less my type.. loud random music, tons of people and way too
much food. I still prefer it over Halloween, though.

But why do I dislike Halloween so much? Well, I don't like candy, they disgust me, actually.
Also, as a kid I slept over at my best friends house and we would give out the candy to the kids
coming by.. but she had this one boy as neighbour.. rich douchebag. Well, he decided to attack
us with firework. He almost burned me badly with it, if I didn't manage to dodge it. Since then
I dislike Halloween a lot.. and I have a slight fear of fireworks now. :|
I do love the Halloween content on YouTube though 😄

I used to love Christmas when I was a kid, however nowadays I like Halloween more, even if I "celebrate" it more online than IRL.

christmas all the way! im from latam and here we dont celebrate halloween, the most we do is have a costume party probably inspired by what we see on tv bc its not a holiday we have :) but christmas, we do celebrate! i also love ot bc here its summer and my mood improved a lot during summer and spring, i also love getting together to dine with my family and of course the gifts are a plus hehe

Christmas all the way. Halloween is not a big deal at all where I’m from, hardly anyone does anything for Halloween. Usually there’s just a handful of primary school children coming for trick or treating and if I feel like it I place a pumpkin outside. I don’t see the appeal of Halloween as an adult. Horror movies or gory scary things do not spark joy for me.

Christmas on the other hand is a whole month long affair. I love the lights and decorations, the cold weather, ice on the windows, Christmas songs wherever I go. I love the time I get to spend with my family. Christmas is my favourite holiday.

I like both so much, Halloween you get to dress up as anything with little to no judgement, and Halloween movies are wonderful. Then theres Christmas where you get gifts and hang out with family and friends, and its in winter!

Back