• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Handwritten or typed?

Handwritten or typed?

• Handwritten!

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Typed!

Votes: 30 42.3%
  • I prefer both!

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
Typing when it comes to professional assignments since it's neater. Notes I like to type because I can edit and move around easily without messing it up. If I'm just jotting something down I prefer to handwrite it.

Well, I am a relatively fast typist, but sometimes I like to right on paper to sort of have that "solid" writing feeling. My handwriting isn't the best so I don't use it often for assignments and such anyways (my teachers generally require typed/printed work anyways). It mainly depends on the situation, but I'll choose both.

Depends..
Lists, study notes, and notes in general are hand written

But things like assignments are typed

I prefer handwritten work over typed, but both a great! :^)

I like my notes handwritten so I can look at them during class.
I like doing papers typed tho so I don't have to rewrite it 50 times

if i need to easily access something, i will handwrite it
but otherwise i despise my ugly ass handwriting and prefer to type. only notes for class are things i really prefer to handwrite. if i had nicer handwriting maybe id like it more. ):

I prefer typing it out, I'm not very good at hand writing and it would take like 10 times as long then typing xD

It depends. For my lecture notes, I prefer typing because it's quicker and I can change it around and add stuff in.
When I write up my proper notes for revision, I prefer handwritten because then I can make it pretty and also studies have shown that handwriting stuff makes you remember it more.

I prefer handwritten when I can. Lists, monthly money saved ect. As well as personal creative writing, which eventually will need typed up but I like to do it by hand first when can. I was the same with school for a while, would write out my notes, sources whatever before typing so could just go.

Personally I do not like texting, a phone call or even a note I find more personal, unless it is a quick check in or something non personal. I actually just read a study the other day that said when people read things on a screen, personal not school, they tend to disconnect emotionally more than written or spoken communication. Those things I take with a grain of salt though as more younger people are used to it to the point of not remembering any other way, the time when there was no texting just phone or in person. On one hand it makes me sad as it seems to distance people or limit more personal interaction. I mainly mean relationships here, as tone and flow of conversation is different and misunderstandings can come from type. I have even heard some younger girls say someone used a text to end a long relationship and then just disappeared, it seems a one on one talk is due and respectful there but I guess it makes it easier for the leaver to not see the hurt, that says more about their personality though.. On the other hand, technology is so much a part of our lives now, maybe too much, I fear what would happen if it crashed for some, but I see where some would be more comfortable with it. May be an age thing, I am not that old but old enough to remember when a preteen and dial up internet was brand new, and more dangerous as an old girl friend I had found out back then.

For groceries, other life stuff like bills or errand, and relationships I say written. Also for creative writing like songs and poetry as it flows better to me from mind to paper. I also use my physical calendar to write a brief note of events of that day and upcoming. For school and business, these days type is fitting to our society.

Last edited:
I'm ambidextrous and mixed-handed. Therefore, I like to continue this tradition with my hands by writing a lot.

Typing: takes up less space, looks neater, and I can type a hell of a lot faster than I can write.

Plus I get annoyed if a heading isn't exactly centre or my handwriting is really messy / inconsistent.

Typing. We barely write anything handwritten in school nowadays, and I think that is nice.

I find typing much easier than handwriting. My handwriting is absolutely awful.

TYPING FOR SURE. I'm a much faster typer than writer and my handwriting is really messy.

Back