• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Have any songs made you feel strong emotions?

Suguri

blackcurrant
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
0557-5119-2409
Island
Westward
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Purple Balloon
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Sky Clouds Scenery
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Sky Clouds Scenery
Not too long ago I was listening to "A Tout le Monde" by Megadeth. It wasn't my first time playing the song, as I put it in my playlist quite recently and would play it repeatedly (as I always do with good songs.)

This one time, I was listening to the song and reading the lyrics online because I couldn't make them out for some reason, and OMG, I cried. T^T I was surprised because it doesn't usually happen to me when I listen to sad music like "A Tout le Monde", but I think it's a sign that it's a great song if it could move me to tears.

That only happened once though, and I doubt it's going to hit me like that again. For now, at least.

So that made me wonder, have any songs made you feel strong emotions? If so, what are they? It doesn't have to make you feel sad, by the way. All other positive and negative feelings work too!

Last edited:
That's a really good song, I get why it makes you feel that way ;;

There are several that make me feel sad/wistful/etc
This one is a little odd, but "Karma Police" by Radiohead makes me feel very strong, indescribable emotions because it reminds me of a pretty dark time in my life. I still love the song, but I always think of that

A lot of Rise Against's music makes me feel a lot, "Make it stop" is a pretty rough one, and was the first song i cried over at a concert LOL

and then on the opposite side of the scale, many of Glass Animals' songs instantly put me in a better mood <3
"Creatures in Heaven" and "How I learned to love the bomb" instantly life my mood, usually no matter how bad I'm feeling lol

I first heard this song not long before we moved from our childhood home. Ironically, it's about an orphanage. So I kinda associate it with that last arc of life. Awkward timing, I guess. Some things just get permanently stuck with the moment we hear it.

I Know You by Faye Webster. And a couple of others. But the one by Faye Webster ALWAYS makes me cry. It makes me feel so.. idk how to explain it. I've never related so hard to a song before. It makes me feel understood, in a way, I guess. I have listened to it so much in April-June it is STILL in my On Repeat for Spotify.. it's September xD

I am the #1 yapper of Haruhikage by MyGO!!!!!/CRYCHIC, I genuinely wish i was joking 😭 It's SUCH an important song in the band's anime (see: "Why did we play haruhikage?!") but it's also got such a beautiful melody and lyrics..... I promise you I cry to this song every time I hear it. It's been almost a year since the song's release and for some reason it still gets me every time.

This is the "officially released" one with English subs by MyGO. It's the more complete one!

I will be real, I absolutely love the composition and video of this original version (CRYCHIC).... the way Tomori reaches out to the spring sunlight and recounts her memories.... For context, Tomori struggles with social situations (she actually has mannerisms that heavily imply her to be on the spectrum), but after finding Sakiko and the band she feels so much comfort and happiness she's never felt before. The best way she knows how to express her emotions is through song, so she writes the lyrics to Haruhikage. I absolutely love how the song was structured in a way that you understand she's navigating through new feelings, stating she was "unable to cry that day" but later on sings that her cheeks are wet from her tears, and asking "why are your hands so warm"/"why is it that i don't wanna let go of your hand?".... Ohhhh.....

The lyrics are just. just. oh my god

The light gently took me on...
Passing through the clouds, I feel my heart fill with unsaid emotions
When I notice, my cheeks feel wet from my tears
Why is it that I don't wanna let go of your hand?
Please, stay with me and never leave.

Plus the parallels and symbolism between CRYCHIC and MyGO versions in the anime... Tomori reaching out to Sakiko (and vice versa) paralleling Tomori reaching out to the spring sunlight, symbolizing they were each other's sunlight.... the lyrics stating they want to hold each other's hand and never let go.... oh im so ill.....

I love it too much that I'm planning to get my first tattoo inspired by it ;w; Particularly the line "why are your hands so warm?" It's a song that's really close to my heart.

I typed out way too much but I can't pass up the opportunity to gush about one of my favorite songs of all time <3

It’s pretty rare for music to make me feel strong emotions, but there are exceptions.

Listening to the then new Ricky Montgomery album “Rick” while taking a walk in the early Fall for the first time made me feel so tranquil and content with life. It felt like an album made for Fall and I’m so glad that’s the time of year he released the album in.

What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong and the cover of Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole have made me deeply sad when I heard them at funerals.

Pretty much anything by Elliot Smith makes me feel melancholic. The Last Hour and Pitseleh are some of the most depressing breakup songs I’ve ever heard.

Yes, but I mostly listen to video game music. Some of it makes me feel the way it does for a reason, especially if it's from a sad moment in a game's story.
All the farewell themes.
Does feeling nostalgic count? There's a lot of songs that make me feel that way. Some non-video game songs make me nostalgic for when I used to ride in cars a lot more often.

Ohh yes. Music is everything to me! There are way to many songs that make me feel emotional, for different reasons.

1. Meishi Smile's album "...Belong" makes me feel extremely strong emotions, every time. I found this album was I was 15 and in a whole other phase of life. Listening to any of these tracks throws me back to my teens!!

The emotion I get from this one is extreme Nostalgia.

2. Evening Blue by OMN is a song I found after I came out of the closet, ha. It's a deeply emotional track for me because I associate it with that feeling of independence and just like pride and new beginnings

Emotion I get from this one is very much Gratitude, or honestly just really human

3. Lindsay Lowend's Cosmonaut, gives me a unique visceral feeling of individuality. I associate it with Fall and the smell/breeze of the season. Found this one when I was a kid, too. This song is pretty special to me creatively, I remember creating a lot of formative pieces when I first started getting into art and design with this song playing in the background

This song feels very Reflective to me

I could go on for hours!

most of mitski's discography makes me feel things but thats an easy answer

let you break my heart again and goddess (separate songs) by laufey also make me feel things LOL

Most of Sufjan Stevens' music makes me really emotional. The Predatory Wasp of the Palisades Is Out to Get Us!, All for Myself, and Impossible Soul make me feel the catharsis of gay love. Romulus and the the Carrie & Lowell album make me think of the complicated relationship I have with my mom and they make me sad because they're largely about grief. The Javelin album also makes me emotional now knowing his partner has passed away. But then a lot of his songs just make me feel joy! Like Chicago, Come On! Feel the Illinoise!, and The Avalanche.

I used to listen to I Bet on Losing Dogs by Mitski over and over again and just... yearn

Hallelujah (especially the Jeff Buckley version) also always makes me cry

This song right here....maaaaaaan I can't tell tell you how good it is for my mental when I'm going through it. In the right setting, it can definitely move me to tears. No matter what mistakes I've made or what I'm going through, it keeps me 'moving forward' just like the lyrics say. I'm at peace when I hear this track. It also holds a special place in my heart because I was able to hear a rare performance of it live with two dope people I met through these forums.

Yep, this song in particular will always be a staple for me that I love listening to in either good or bad times. It makes me believe that even though I've suffered so much, I've become a super strong person because of it and will always be able to persevere. I never knew what it sounded like in English before this video, but once I heard it it really did resonate with me. And it also feels fitting for my life and reminds me of the Texas Rangers 2023 WS victory.

Back