How did you first discover your favorite villager?

Yanrima~

"Laughter is the best medicine."
Bells
Golden Salmonid Egg
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Shooting Star
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Blue Star Fragment
Opalescent Crystal
Blue Rosewater Potion
Enchanted Bloom
Blue Rosewater Potion
Opalescent Crystal
So, I was about to ask How did you discover your favorite villager or how did that villager became one of your favorites. I'm curious to see how others found their favorite villagers so I decided to ask this question.

So here are mine:
  • Lolly- She became my favorite villager after finding out that she actually lives in my first New Leaf town back in 2015, I grew attached to her quickly because of how cute and adorable she is. And I was lucky in reuniting with her in New Horizons when I did the villager hunt on my main island.
  • Raymond- His reveal in ACNH along with his appearance and the fact that he is a smug cat villager just pitted him instantly into my list of favorite villagers. He is just an adorable office cat and you can't tell me otherwise.
  • Ione- She's just plain cute, plus I love her space aesthetic. Found her through the announcement of the 2.0 update and instantly put her among my favorite villagers.
  • Sasha-same thing as above.
  • Knox- Say what you want about Knox but he's one of my personal favorite among the "unpopular" villager. I love his design in general because I have a huge bias for themed villagers especially the knight villagers. I first discovered him through the wiki about chicken villagers in Animal Crossing and I found his design to be super cool.
  • Frita- Same thing as Knox, she's just underrated and she needs more love. she's so adorable! I first found her in the when looking at the images of Animal Crossing villagers.
  • Wolf Link- He's just one of the coolest villagers, who doesn't want a wolf Link living in your town? I first discovered him through the welcome Amiibo update of New Leaf. He's one of my favorite additional villagers and I want him to come back. 😭

• Ankha - Okay this was before all of those weird Ankha dancing memes started circulating around. It was 2017, and I had just started my first Animal Crossing game with New Leaf. Around this time, I had gotten into Kamen Rider, and I was missing my favorite series at the time (OOO). My favorite character in OOO was a character named Ankh. So when Ankha came in I thought it was incredible. She's been my favorite ever since.
  • Fang - He's the coolest wolf in the game, imo. He's everything I love about a wolf, with the cool gray fur.
  • Biskit - I thought he was a cool dawg, and I really got to enjoy his goofiness in my favorite ACNL let's play, and eventually got him into my town as well.
  • Jay - Some Jock villagers don't do it for me, but Jay was my best friend in New Leaf. He hosted my birthday party two years in a row, and he was my next door neighbor. Plus, he's one of my favorite looking birds.
  • Fauna - How could you not love her? She's perfect and adorable, and was the last person to move into my town in New Leaf.
  • Melba - Melba's become a new favorite of mine since I started playing Wild World last week (first time, too!). She has been very sweet, and lately she's been sick so I've been making sure she's well taken care of every day.
  • Jeremiah - Jeremiah was one of my starting villagers in New Leaf. I felt a connection with him because of his personality, and I thought he was one of the cooler animals I got when I began. He moved away unfortunately to kick out Cole, and I miss him every day. He was a bro.
  • Rosie - She was the first person I invited to move into my town with the campsite. Not only is she adorable and cool, but she also stole, I mean, won my only fishing rod during some camp minigames.

• Kiki- She was one of the first villagers in my New Leaf town back in 2013. I also had a black cat at the time (Until 2019 💔) which made me love her. Around the time I was playing Happy Home Designer, I managed to get her Amiibo card out of a pack. This allowed me to move her into my second copy of New Leaf and also New Horizons. I'm probably bringing her to the next game if it still supports Amiibo.
  • Pate- She was also one of my first villagers in New Leaf and I really liked her. Unfortunately, I didn't know how move outs work back then and she ended up leaving. I vaguely remember being heartbroken and crying. This happened 10+ years ago. Later I got City Folk (Yes, after New Leaf) and one day she moved in, apparently when I was having a really bad time. I can no longer remember what that was exactly. She eventually moved out yet again because I didn't figure out move outs in that game, but I didn't get as sad this time because I knew it would probably happen. I hope to one day have her in one of my games again.
  • Marina- I have unfortunately never had her in my games before aside from HHD/HHP, but I love her for being pink and an octopus.
  • Cece & Viché- I didn't actually move them into a town until 2022, so I guess it's not as sentimental as Kiki or Pate, but since they're based on my favorite characters (Callie & Marie), I have to include them.
I feel like I could list some others but I think I would get carried away if I did that.

Most of my favorite villagers became favorites because I had them on my first new leaf town. Idk why but that first playthrough got me so attached to my villagers ;_;

Truffles - I didn’t like her much at first. I remember pushing her around, she got angry at me, and I felt really bad. I think I didn’t realize villagers could get angry at you when pushing them. Overtime, I ended up growing fond of her, and I was pretty sad when she moved away. I remember her having “Two Days Ago” on the music player in her house; I always try to get that song from K.K. Slider when I can now!

Snake - I just adore jock villagers in New Leaf, and Snake was the first one I met… I love that he called me “ladybro”, how he'd act like we were rivals when I barely competed with him at all, and some lines of dialogue where he mentions being excited for having a friend 🥲 Plus his dumb looking face...

Walker - Another case of "I just love this personality in New Leaf and he was the first one I met.” Lazy villagers were so cute in this game. I love how he bowed everytime I left his house. His house in general was really good, I loved using his piano and seeing him clap at me afterwards. I remember even installing a PWP just for him next to his house.

There are others I would consider favorites as well,, but I don’t know if I have as much to say about them.

When Cole moved into my island and I thought he was cute / unique and than a black Havana bunny was in need of a home from a rescue and I adopted him, he’s my best bud. And since than I found out Cole is modeled after a Havana. He has since become my favorite in my all bunny island.

I have a lot of favourite villagers, so I'll just talk about my top 3!

IMG_8718.gif
- Beau has been my favourite villager for over 10 years now! I've gone through phases where I've liked other villagers more, but ultimately he will always be the villager that's most special to me, and he'll always be my #1! I first discovered him on a list of all villagers in New Leaf before it released in NA. Deers are my favourite animal, so deer villagers being introduced was one of the biggest reasons why I wanted NL! I loved all of the deer villagers (and still do), but Beau was my favourite right from the start. Only the JPN version of the game was out at the time, so I knew him as Peter first. I made countless dreamie lists for my NL town, and Beau was on every one. I had him in NL twice, and now he's on my NH island where he'll stay forever! :') I can't imagine having a town/island/wherever we live in the next game without him. 🧡
IMG_8719.png
- I first saw Audie in one of the screenshots/videos that was posted before NH came out. iirc, it was the first pic/video that revealed her name. I loved how vibrant and perfect for the tropical setting her design was (is), and when I saw people say that she might've been named after the New Leaf grandma (Audrey), that made me love her even more! I found her in my campsite one early morning after having a hard night, and she's been on my island ever since!
IMG_8720.png
- I first saw her in the 2.0 direct! I wasn't expecting any new villagers at all, let alone a new deer, so I was so so excited about her!! I still remember my exact reaction: me exclaiming, "is that a new ****ing deer!?!?" LOL. I love her design so much, and her being a Halloween baby makes her even more special and endearing to me!! I've had her amiibo card for a while now, but I wanted to find her via island hopping or the campsite to make having her more meaningful. I eventually found her while island hopping, and she's been with me since!

Oh boy. Time to get my brain thinking on a few of them. I'll start with my most favorite villagers and work my way down...
  • Bob - I first saw Bob as a random villager when I was watching Vinny (from Vinesauce) start a new town in his lengthy Welcome Amiibo playthrough. His funny smug face is what basically caused me to like him a lot. Bob's funny antics early on in Vinny's playthrough only made me like him more. It really disappointed me when Bob decided to move out of the town without giving Vinny a chance to prevent it from happening. As far as I know, Bob was one of the few non-duck villagers that Vinny wanted to keep in the town as he was a fan favorite. He sure became my favorite when I started playing New Leaf myself.
  • Dotty - I absolutely love Dotty. She heavily resembles a pet rabbit I once had as a kid, so the emotional connection was already established. I decided to move her in to my New Horizons island after figuring out who to move in next, and I absolutely adored her simple-yet-cute design. Needless to say, she quickly became my favorite female villager, so much so that she's been my camp caretaker in Pocket Camp since the beginning. She has the highest friendship level out of any villager I've obtained by far.
  • Lopez - It took me a good while to truly appreciate the deer villagers, as my favorite species at first were the cat villagers since City Folk. Lopez wasn't the first deer villager I had; that honor goes to Fuchsia in New Leaf. Like Dotty above, I was looking to move a different villager in, saw his Amiibo card in my folio, and the rest was history. I honestly think he's a very underrated deer villager in general, as his design is awesome and doesn't get nearly enough love in fan art circles. The fact that I can dress him up both casually and as a rock star truly says something about how much I like him. He's definitely sticking with me for the long haul, and might even be my top villager someday.
  • Roscoe - It wasn't until late last year did I find Roscoe to be very cool. I found that his angry expression is the best out of all the villagers, and makes a good avatar picture for me. Roscoe has never been a villager in any of my towns, but that is definitely going to change in the next mainline game.
  • Bruce - I can honestly say Bruce is most similar to me in terms of looks and aesthetic. When I paired him with Lopez in Photopia, it made scenes look extra cool, and I've liked Bruce ever since. While he hasn't been a "real" villager in my towns as of yet, he'll likely be one in the next mainline game.
  • Cherry - Like with Bob, I found out about Cherry via Vinny's playthrough. Unlike Bob, however, Cherry was more of a thorn in Vinny's town when it came to her antics, like placing her house directly in front of his. She became a fan favorite with the chat, and I also began to unironically like her as well. She's one of the cooler-looking female villagers alongside Phoebe in my opinion. I moved Cherry into my New Horizons town, and she's been with me ever since.
  • Kyle - I found that his birthday is the same as mine, and he also looks very similar to me in terms of aesthetic. We could essentially be twin brothers from different mothers.
That's all I'm going to do for now.

Back