• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How did you name your island?

I kind of just took inspiration from my current NL island (overtide) and went with tidefall. Wanted some kind of water feeling name because I fully planned on terraforming lots of waterfalls and watery areas, haha. Don't hate the name still so I'll take it!

I never got the opportunity to name my island. My son got ACNH as a gift and played it for about 10 days. I don't think it was because he hated it but that he has so many other games to play. Anyway if sat for for 2 years and then I decided to check it out. So I just played it on his console and fell in love and literally became obsessed with it. I've been playing it ever since....on his console. So I am stuck with the name! "BOOKS" haha! Not original at all. And now I've got so much time invested on his console/island I just have to live with it, lol. Some day I might download the game to my console and start over but idk, because it's popularity has peaked and some of the features like visiting other's islands, etc. is not as easy with less playing.

Old one was named UA Academy, based on the show My Hero Academia. My newer island is named Sumeru from the region in Genshin Impact.

My island is called Cloudhaven. I chose "cloud" because clouds are always different, always changing, and always beautiful and just as they should be, and I wanted that to reflect a very relaxed approach to how I developed my island. And I chose the word "haven" to make it sound like a safe place. So, it's a safe place where, no matter how it changes, it's just as it should be.

I named my island Jutengai which is the name of the place in the Boy and the Beast, the Beasts’ world. It’s an Asian traditional place, very colorful, with streets, houses, I think it’s very relatable to Animal Crossing because we have as well animals around a boy or a girl. I want a quite Asian island, so this name fits perfectly!

I wanted to have a two word island name. My first island name was Yarn Isle that also worked as a pun and related to my crochet hobby. But my second island I wanted it to be more generic and not have a too cozy of a name. So I went with Aster Cove. Aster looks similar to cosmos and cosmos were on my native flowers. Unfortunately I didn't get cosmos again for my second island but it's not going to stop me from covering the island with them

My island of StarGlow is a mix of StarFall (my third ACNL town) and MoonGlow (my fourth ACNL town). I planned on naming my island StarGlow before the game even came out.

Halcyon. It's a tribute to the towns I've made in the past that have referenced the ocean and/or birds. Plus it represents how I feel about the AC games. They bring me a sense of peace. :)

So I like the name "Ash" from Pokemon, also I have a fairy character from New Leaf I also named Ash, so I wanted something incorporated with that, with a spooky, witchy type twist.

So I googled random words beginning with A, and I found "Ashlar"

I have to admit, I had no idea what it was at the time, but it looked cool, and I was also in a rush to begin my island since us veteran AC players were waiting VERY patiently for New Horizons to come out!!

I realized later that Ashlar is a form of masonry, which, you know, could be worse. It's funny because now I incorporate rocks and stones for Ashlar's aesthetic, to match it's definition.

I might have to think more deeply about the next name for my next island lol!

I took my username “Neb” and and added “buen” to it to give it a tropical sound.

I named my island after a place in Dragon Age Inquisition; the plan was to base a lot of my designs loosely on the game, which I did. I’m actually thinking of changing some of the areas once I think of something better since I’m moving on from the theme and the series. I’m thinking of getting a second island but I haven’t thought of a name yet. A lot of times when I name things, I base them on an anime/video game that I like. I’m not sure if I’ll do that this time.

My new island is "Nebuen II." It references my original island while having cool looking roman numerals.

Back