• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How do you feel about the Gender Options in the game?

taygo

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I wanted to see what you all think about, the clothing and items in Animal Crossing. This time around the outfits can be boy or girl. I think it is a great idea myself.
In Past games the Boys had their shirts and the Girls had their dresses. Whatever we wore was in those styles. It is the first time the clothes are interchangeable. I am not sure if it is on all items yet. From what I see in some video blogs players still don't like to try on stuff that's for girls or boys if they are the opposite gender. I say try it all! :)
With it being interchangeable I am not sure if I will pick boy or girl. I normally pick what gender I am and start the game that way. I hope it will stay in the future games so we are not limited by what we wear. I hope I didn't upset anyone:(

But do you think it hurts or helps the game?

To be quite honest, I think this is a fantastic addition to the game. It doesn't give you a limit. It's not really stereotyping so much anymore. A girl is now allowed to wear jeans and a shirt if she so desires as opposed to being limited only to dresses and whatnot, and a guy, should he so desire, can wear female's clothing. It's got an equality for all thing going on and I think that this should become a staple.

God made me a man, I'm dressing like 1. Idc if the girls wanna wear jeans, but guys in skirts, give me a break.

I think interchangeable clothes is a great idea! Some days I will wear pants and shirts while others I may decide to wear dresses/skirts. It shouldn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, you should be able to wear whatever you like. One think I dislike however is when it comes to accessories. You are told whether its boy, girl, or unisex but are still able to buy it.

God made me a man, I'm dressing like 1. Idc if the girls wanna wear jeans, but guys in skirts, give me a break.

Hey, there, now. No need to be so testy about it. A person should be able to dress however they want, so if a guy feels like wearing a skirt, then so be it.

Hey, there, now. No need to be so testy about it. A person should be able to dress however they want, so if a guy feels like wearing a skirt, then so be it.

I don't know about you, but i'm against cross dressing. Enough said.

So are you implying men who wear skirts are less manly? :L

Since my character is a girl, I will be wearing dresses, skirts, shorts and pants. I prefer pants anyways, so that'll be what I wear mostly

I really like that anyone can wear anything.

And just to say. Our current fashion "restrictions" have only been around for about a few hundred years.
Further back, men wore skirts and it was considered normal for them.

I really like that anyone can wear anything.

And just to say. Our current fashion "restrictions" have only been around for about a few hundred years.
Further back, men wore skirts and it was considered normal for them.

Same thing with how pink was a unisex color. Ah well.

Wait wut? A man wearing a skirt is not cross dressing.
Last time I checked, Scottish men wore kilts, which is a kind of skirt, and I'm pretty sure they aren't cross dressers. Many western cultures wear skirts and types of tunics that resemble dresses to this day. There's a difference saying you don't like cross dressing, and implying that you're only a man if you're not wearing a tunic or skirt.

Times differ Professor, Nowadays the only guys wearing skirts, are cross dressers and Link, and it could be argued that link is wearing a long shirt lol

"Then I shall leave you to your double standards."

And i'll leave you to your cross dressing.

Wait wut? A man wearing a skirt is not cross dressing.
Last time I checked, Scottish men wore kilts, which is a kind of skirt, and I'm pretty sure they aren't cross dressers. Many western cultures wear skirts and types of tunics that resemble dresses to this day. There's a difference saying you don't like cross dressing, and implying that you're only a man if you're not wearing a tunic or skirt.

I'm speaking for my part of the world, the US
And no kiilts are not cross dressing, niether are tunics and such

Times differ Professor, Nowadays the only guys wearing skirts, are cross dressers and Link, and it could be argued that link is wearing a long shirt lol

"Then I shall leave you to your double standards."

And i'll leave you to your cross dressing.

Haha, who said I'd be cross dressing? I'm a free thinker, sir. You'll have to excuse the fact that I feel that all people should be able to live their lives however they choose to.

In your part of the world? Oh, you mean the same part i reside in? Right. Yeah, unless you have some huge homophobia, then you should know that even here, it is socially acceptable in areas to wear skirts in some areas

In your part of the world? Oh, you mean the same part i reside in? Right. Yeah, unless you have some huge homophobia, then you should know that even here, it is socially acceptable in areas to wear skirts in some areas

Just because its acceptable doesn't make it right.

No, just because YOU don't accept it make YOU think it's not right.

There's a difference with what YOU think and what's morally and socially accepted.

I can see this topic being closed pretty soon. Relax. However someone dresses is up to them whether you agree with it or not. I think this is a great edition and I'm glad to see it's being kept for oversea players.

There's nothing "right" or "wrong" about it.

Just because its acceptable doesn't make it right.

Oh, you mean like you putting others down because they choose to be different? Behavior like yours is both unacceptable and immoral. Try and open your mind and view the world in a different perspective. You'll learn a few things.

Back