• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How do you feel about the Gender Options in the game?

Hahaha people are so serious eh, lighten up.

I love it, I'll be running around in female cosplay from time to time without a care haha!

No, just because YOU don't accept it make YOU think it's not right.

There's a difference with what YOU think and what's morally and socially accepted.

Was it you who mentioned how 200 or so years ago men were wearing skirts? well regardless you probbly agree to that point of view aswell,

only up until now has a certain something been made "moral" in society, and due to the age of people on here i will not say what this something is, i'm sure you already get what i'm getting at.

I have told my opinion, if you wanna attack it more and continue with your idea of "everyone doing what they want", while attacking what i want, then go right ahead, i will not continue this conversation.

Hahaha people are so serious eh, lighten up.

I love it, I'll be running around in female cosplay from time to time without a care haha!

Sorry, please do forgive me. I started it and should have just let it be. It just rubs me the wrong way when I see close-mindedness. Opinions are opinions.

Was it you who mentioned how 200 or so years ago men were wearing skirts?

No, that was me. And I was just giving a fact as an example.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like everyone else is.
So I think everyone should stop arguing over it, there isn't going to be any sort of positive outcome from it.

No, I actually wasn't the one who mentioned that. Nobody attacked your opinion until you put the connotation on it that it's wrong to do so. No, it isn't wrong. YOU just don't like it. Which is fine, but if we go by your logic, Scottish, Irish, some African, Asian, and countless other men from other areas are cross dressers since they aren't wearing jeans or trousers. You have double standards, but its ok, it's to be expected with close-minded people.

Just realize that what you said is an opinion, not a fact, with saying its wrong for someone who happens to be a male, want to wear a dress or such IN A VIDEO GAME or even real life.

BUT ANYWHO, this has now become petty and insignificant. It's a freaking video game. I'm glad they put this in. I can't wait to wear pants as a female now. And I'll be making my fianc?'s character wear dresses while he's at work >:3

It's a matter of opinion. Don't bring open/closed-mindedness into it.
I for one, don't plan on wearing any skirts or dresses, but I've seen some pretty cool QR codes that used the dresses for trench-coats and pirate attire. One of my character's houses will be pirate themed, so I'm hoping to find that QR code again.

What I don't like is that your style of running changes depending on what kind of clothes you're wearing. So, either way, the clothes are still kind of gender-specific.

I for one, don't plan on wearing any skirts or dresses, but I've seen some pretty cool QR codes that used the dresses for trench-coats and pirate attire. One of my character's houses will be pirate themed, so I'm hoping to find that QR code again.

What I don't like is that your style of running changes depending on what kind of clothes you're wearing. So, either way, the clothes are still kind of gender-specific.

Oh wow haha, that's actually kinda funny. But I like the idea of trench coats and pirate wear and whatnot. Sounds cool.

While I won't do it, it's fine that there's an option that guys can put on dresses. I doubt the majority of guys will.

Tried it once for laughs on my JP character, laughed, said "ridiculous", and took it off.

I think it's great. My personal support for LGBT rights aside, it's nice to have the option to wear a dress as a guy for the purpose of trenchcoat designs, in case someone wanted to cosplay as Dante, Neo, Hitler, or someone of that sort. Plus, reducing the restrictions on items is in general a good thing.

This isn't really a surprise from Nintendo, though. The Mii creation tool allowed for all-girl features on a male Mii or vise versa back in 2006.

God made me a man, I'm dressing like 1. Idc if the girls wanna wear jeans, but guys in skirts, give me a break.

thats_sexist.gif

I think it's a wonderful change to the game. I love how it's so casual too, as if gender is really just the color of your text and that's it. It's 2013, I'm glad they realized that we live in a multicultural society and to not just base things on what is commonplace.

You won't see me in a dress though lol. I think I'd be more excited about this change if I were a girl. NOBODY wears dresses 24/7

But it's only a video game, we should be able to wear whatever we want anyway

Last edited:
I didnt want people fighting over clothes:( but all kids wore "dresses" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breeching_(boys) Also Pink used to be for boys and Blue for girls. It mostly was based on eye color too.
But as for Animal crossing, the animal don't even wear pants >,< why cant we get a long LOL.

This.
The world would be a better place if we could all just get along.
Or at least these forums. Baby steps haha.

yeah I seen that too! It is a good use for the Dress pattern thats not a "dress". I seen them for the same uses. If you see any QR codes you like, be sure to save them! I been saving up for months!

I'm fine with it. I think it's good that they allow the player to do whatever they want with the clothes in the game.

Even the hair styles are interchangeable. You can have a male character with pigtails and a dress

I think it's a good idea, as it's moving forward in the times. As in, more open-mindedness and letting others live the way they want too without making them feel awful about being their own person. :)

Oh if you're going to be offensive, I can be too. God isn't real.

Stop-Signs.jpg

Also @ Leonn, remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion. While that also means you, offensive opinions are better kept to yourself. Double posting is also against the rules, so try not to let it happen again.

Anyway, sorry for the interuption. Please continue with your conversation :)

Last edited:
Back