• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How do you feel about the Gender Options in the game?

Stop-Signs.jpg

Also @ Leonn, remember that everyone has a right to their own opinion. While that also means you, offensive opinions are better kept to yourself.

Anyway, sorry for the interuption. Please continue with your conversation :)

04-Margaret-Thatcher.gif

I think that this is much better for the female characters, but there are some Dress QR codes that aren't meant to look like dresses, but sort of like long trench coats or whatever and I'd like to wear something like that occasionally.

I hate dresses in real life and I certainly hate being forced to wear them in a game, so I'm so excited for the changeable shoes and pants! :D

God made me a man, I'm dressing like 1. Idc if the girls wanna wear jeans, but guys in skirts, give me a break.

Why are you so rude? If you don't want to wear a skirt, that's fine. But telling other guys who want to wear skirts is wrong is extremely out of line. Ever think about transgendered people?

Edit: I read more into the thread. Your close-mindedness is off the charts. Get over your medieval thoughts. This world is learning to accept those who are LGBT. And your God forbid... Even CHRISTIAN'S are enlightening themselves and not being hateful to those who like the same sex / transgendered. You wanna know why? Being gay or transgendered is not a choice. No matter what you think of it.

Why do you think people commit suicide because they're gay? Are you oh-so-sure it's a choice now? If God hates gay people, and he creates people, why would he make them gay? That's right.. God doesn't hate them. And you shouldn't either. It's rude and childish. I am a Christian by the way.

And Sockhead, if you're going to tell the person who told him "God isn't real" to keep offensive opinions to themselves, why don't you tell Leonn if you haven't already?

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVBg7_08n0

Last edited:
Oh my goodness you guys... all this arguing. It stresses me out D:

I'm fine with cross-dressing if a person wants to do it.
To me, cross-dressing is just wearing clothes made for the other gender... sooo traditional clothing such as kilts or w/e don't count as cross-dressing to me.
Sure, it makes me uncomfortable when I can't tell what gender a person is, but I'm not going to hate them or accuse them of being "wrong" or "inappropriate" for doing so.

I'm really glad that characters can wear whatever they want in New Leaf. It wouldn't be right to me to make girls able to wear pants while leaving male characters with no similar changes.

I really like how the clothes aren't as limited in New Leaf, and look forward to wearing different combinations of shoes and trousers and tops :) this new feature really stood out to me in one of the early trailers I saw. It adds to the level of customisation I suppose; how we have more choice in how our characters look.

This thread has everything. Religion, sex, drama and Maggie Thatcher.
Oh and cross dressing. Bring it on.

I love it! I can't wait to make a Vergil character and make a trench coat design for him. Also I love dressing up males in girly outfits. As for my female and main character I will most likely stick to dresses and switch to pants and shirts for night time wear

This thread has everything. Religion, sex, drama and Maggie Thatcher.
Oh and cross dressing. Bring it on.

This made me laugh :p
I never thought Maggie would pop up in a AC thread, but there you go.

I think its only fair to say that this thread is amusing! I'm glad that things are universal now, everyone is different although you wont see me in a dress :') The world would be a boring place if we were all the same! P.S gotta love abit of margy thatcher ;D

God made me a man, I'm dressing like 1. Idc if the girls wanna wear jeans, but guys in skirts, give me a break.

For a long time it was pretty socially unacceptable for girls to wear pants until a few decades ago when Coco Chanel came around! I hope that one day it will be more acceptable for guys to wear dresses and skirts just like how it is now acceptable for girls to wear shorts and pants.

I'm excited for the feature, I can finally not just be limited to wearing a dress

Leave it alone guys. It's pages back now, don't get this thread locked because of one person.

Sorry for the off topic, but really.

I'm speaking for my part of the world, the US

Please don't speak for anyone but yourself until you've matured a little. It's fine if you don't want to wear a dress in a video game but why do you care if other people do?

I think its awesome we can wear pants, dresses, skirts whatever gender you are :), gives use more customizable options. I've been waiting for something like this in animal crossing.

I think spidersona's signature is really funny, made me laugh today because that's how I feel, but its almost here :).

i'm excited about all the clothing options in new leaf! and i think it's great that they didn't take out the option for boys to wear skirts/dresses in the american version. i was worried they would cause, well, you know...this country is a bit closed minded at times.

as a male I wouldn't have any issues dressing up as a female, I'm not ashamed to do so because there is no shame in being female! so I say break out the skirts, I really don't care as long as it keeps me warm in winter and cool in summer.

Back