How do you feel about voice chatting?

How do you feel about voice chatting?

• I enjoy it. It's more convenient than typing.

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • It's alright, but I prefer to text or type out my messages.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I will do it if I absolutely have to, but I do not enjoy it.

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • No. I either don't use the feature or find a way around it.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Other? (Explain)

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I love me a good voice chat. Sometimes jokes hit better over voice instead of in chat. Plus, it's fun getting to hear the voices of my friends!

I hate the sound of my own voice and my social anxiety is through the roof when I have to talk through voice chat. I don't even like answering phone calls. I prefer typing as a primary way of virtual conversations.

the first best part about voice chat is the mic mute button

the second best part about voice chat is the chat mute button

the third best part about voice chat is that these can be combined

I don't think I'd be comfortable with voice chatting in most circumstances, and thankfully I've gotten by so far without it ahaha, but I think I'd be okay with it amongst friends! Typing can be easier on me because I feel like I have more time to put my words together, but tone is infamously difficult to convey over text and I do worry about that sometimes, especially when it comes to joking around/banter. It's easy to say something like "shut up" affectionately/playfully and a heck of a lot harder to type it that way, and I try to err on the side of caution rather than risk someone thinking I'm seriously upset.

I admire people who can voice chat with no anxiety. I feel like I stumble over my words, mispronounce things, and it doesn't help that I sound like a child. I've used voice chat for group content in games when it's required, but I never have chatted with anyone with my consoles; although I used to talk on the DS when doing trades for Pokémon Diamond.

Once I'm 100% comfortable with someone, I do enjoy it. Maybe one day I'll expose myself enough times to feel okay doing it whenever.

i'm ok with voice chatting/voice calls. i typically will only do it with friends or people i know. like on discord i wouldn't just join a voice chat without knowing anyone there or i would join and just text instead of talking. i also think for more important things calling is better as sometimes text doesn't convey ur emotions properly.

calls are like one of my biggest issues rn. i get so nervous calling people that aren’t my parents or boyfriend, so I tend to shy away from them. even at work i get nervous calling my seniors lmao.
anyway this year i decided to step out of my comfort zone because i’ve always wanted to voice chat a lot more, and i can say im very slowly warming up to it! got a few games of lethal company w close friends which does help me ease into the idea of voice calls. ^^ i have a not-so good english accent though since im filipino, so hopefully online people don’t mind hehe.

i’ve grown to really like vc and calls! i remember back in 2020 i was so nervous every time i hopped into vc, but that’s changed so drastically now ^^ anytime a friend asks to hop on a voice call i will be happily skipping over LOL

I wish I could say I was comfortable with VC but I'm not tbh since I just,, never got into it? I feel like part of that stems greatly from the lack of privacy I had growing up, and even now. Unfortunately my workspace for a majority of my life has been out in the open skfdkg. My childhood/parents house growing up has never been ideal for private workspaces or rooms, so with doing everyone thing out the open, I just never felt comfortable knowing I would be heard. I go back and forth between my parents house and a place I rent closer for college, but this place has the most paper thin walls ever. I can always hear what my roomies are doing, and I think I've only ever gone calls when I absolutely need to (ex: zoom calls for school, my mentorship, etc.).

I'd like to get into VC when I have somewhere private in the future, but for now I'm fine with text only. ^^'

Its fine, but i prefer typing! I have short attention span, and texts is definitely easier to zone out

I love voice chats with friends, it was always awkward with new people but i could probably talk to anyone for a while nowadays

Really dependent on the specific situation, if it’s with people I know it’s fun cuz it’s like hanging out. I mean really it’s just a different form of phone call, and I enjoy them with family or friends. Sometimes I may just wanna type tho. But in reality I end up feeling awkward trying to do voice chats most of the time cuz I live with family and feels weird talking too loud with everyone home. But the times when it works out I enjoy it. I do not, however, like it if it’s with people I don’t know. If I’m in a discord server for a game or something, even if it’s not a huge server, it just feels weird talking to essentially a bunch of strangers. Depending on how well I get to know people tho it can be fun with people online who I’ve actually become close to

I voice chat all the time when I am playing on the PS5 as it much easier to communicate rather then use the controller to text someone.

I do not mind talking in game via voice chat :)

Back