• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How do you feel about the Gender Options in the game?

Soooo when is this thread getting locked?
In my opinion, everyone here is wrong because you're all being jerks to each other.

So...how 'bout them cowboys?

Are you talking about Cowboy clothes? I love dressing my character up in Cowboy clothes occasionally! WOO!
It still doesn't beat casual clothes though. :p

I don't even know how many times I slapped my knees when reading this thread. xD

Last edited:
Soooo when is this thread getting locked?
In my opinion, everyone here is wrong because you're all being jerks to each other.

No, don't do that! There's a lot of interesting discussion going on here!

Come on you guys, it's like you've never disagreed with someone before :p. Everyone's being very polite here.

I think the dead horse is now buried, so it should all be good. :)

I just can't wait to get the game and buy some shorts. :D

friendly reminder that being designated a gender at birth doesn't make you that gender, and that crossdressing never hurt anyone. uou

if you want to start a vendetta against crossdressers and people who don't belong to the gender binary, feel free. but a lot of people [especailly me] aren't going to take personal attacks lightly, ouo

but i am extremely excited about shorts and skirts. 0U0

I for one am excited that we're no longer forced to wear shorts. I wear pants 365 days a year because I don't like shorts. And while I personally won't be wearing dresses or skirts (except maybe on rare occasions to mess with my girlfriend), I like that the option is there. Plus, as others have said, there are some dress patterns that are more akin to coats, and I may wear those if I find any that interest me.

Not trying to start anything again, but just wanted to say: I've read through this entire thread, and it started with a civil disagreement but has become endless arguments and COMPLETELY unnecessary flaming. Arguing this way, shoving your opinions at someone and telling them their wrong IS closed-minded. REGARDLESS of your beliefs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but an opinion is NOT a fact. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Quit blaming and attacking the person who "started it", as he ended it on the third page. Please give it up and just discuss this darned feature.

---

As far as this actual topic goes, I think the feature is nice! It's great for us girls that like pants, and it's great for boys who want to wear robes or long coats like wizard costumes or togas, for example. Cross-dressing in a silly video game is far less offensive than it might be in real life (not that I find it offensive, per se). I remember watching a My Crazy Obsession where a woman collected wigs and wore several different ones a day. She couldn't get her boyfriend to propose to her so she dressed like a man, made him dress like a woman, and she proposed to him. That's simply too strange for me. *shrug* Seeing something like that or general cross-dressing in AC wouldn't be as weird to me. It could actually be quite humorous. :rolleyes: That's just my opinion. I think having this option is a win for everyone. I won't like being told which gender certain clothes belong to, though. If you can wear everything, just sell me the dang hat you crazy porcupines! o_O

Last edited:
I really love that this feature was implemented this time around! :) It's nice to have more options for guys and girls, as opposed to being forced to wear shorts/dresses. I'm very happy that they've taken so many steps forward, including the new clothing options.

It seems we're running in circles here. I thought we had ended this on page 5 but it seems it keeps coming back up. Next person to attack someone for this subject gets this thread locked. You can disagree with the feature but if you attack someone, this thread is over from now on. You've been warned.

As for the feature, I think it's really neat that they implemented this into New Leaf. More games should follow through, although that probably won't happen sadly.

As for the feature, I think it's really neat that they implemented this into New Leaf. More games should follow through, although that probably won't happen sadly.

I wouldn't say that. The world is becoming more tolerant with every passing year. Soon enough none of it will really matter :D

Well, we never know what lies in the future. A LOT can happen in a decade. We could go forwards, backwards, leg warmers... *shudders*

Anyway, I'm personally thankful for this feature because my Doctor character needs his long trench coat! :p Oh, boy, I hope I can design patterns. I've never really tried before.

Last edited:
I'm happy that girls can wear 'boy' clothes and boys can wear 'girl' clothes. It gives more variety to the types of outfits we can make for ourselves. More variety means more fun to me. And variety is a big part of animal crossing in my opinion.

Oh my, this thread. Apparently the thought of a man in a dress is just too soul-shattering and scary for some people.

Exactly! That's why I'm going to use the sleepy eyed boy because he looks like he is wearing makeup.:p

Back