• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How do you feel about the Roost?

Could I possibly visit your town and come see the roost?:)

yes of course

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wish you can walk around town with your starbucks (roost drink in hand)

YOU CAN! lmao

- - - Post Merge - - -

You have to have the 2nd floor to the museum. Then one day when you talk to Blathers he'll suggest it for a community project.

It's all here: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/the-roost-cafe/

you also have to have 50 things donated to the musem

Wtf are you a time traveler? it takes a month after getting the upstairs museum to get the coffee shop! well that's what i was told :confused:

Wtf are you a time traveler? it takes a month after getting the upstairs museum to get the coffee shop! well that's what i was told :confused:

No, it's only 7 days after getting the upstairs museum. I don't have it yet (the upstairs museum is just opening for me today), but this is what all the guides say.

I honestly loved the roost in City Folk. K.K performing, dat cool rooster thing, And let's not forget Phillis coming to the roost before her shift.
When I get animal crossing: NL, I'm going to make the roost my first priority.

No? :( What am I supposed to do with the gyroids I have invading my home? Looks like I'll be making a gyroid exhibit.. I hate to sell them. I love the little guys. I give them all names... and have lunch with them... :D

305410_480301895346092_560037405_n.jpg

I hope I don't destroy your view on gyroids.

If you can't read it:
Animal Crossing's gyroids bear a strong resemblance to Haniwa: clay figures for ritual use and buried with the dead. This explains why gyroids can only be obtained by digging, and also implies that you have just dug up someone's grave. The likeliness is referenced in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing: City Folk. Where the Auction House owner Lloid is named Haniwa-kun.

Last edited:
I think unlike other places that open up,it is nice because to open the roost requires a certain amount of donated items to the museum.Unlike other places,you don't have to time travel to open it(except I think you have to wait a few days after opening the second floor of the museum)

View attachment 5967

I hope I don't destroy your view on gyroids.

If you can't read it:
Animal Crossing's gyroids bear a strong resemblance to Haniwa: clay figures for ritual use and buried with the dead. This explains why gyroids can only be obtained by digging, and also implies that you have just dug up someone's grave. The likeliness is referenced in the Japanese version of Animal Crossing: City Folk. Where the Auction House owner Lloid is named Haniwa-kun.

Oh my... god...
That's really creepy!

Love the Roost. <3 I've seen a lot of people complain about only getting coffee once a day, which is kind of petty. I can't wait to start working at the Roost, though. Just playing the waiting game and visiting Brewster every day...

No? :( What am I supposed to do with the gyroids I have invading my home? Looks like I'll be making a gyroid exhibit.. I hate to sell them. I love the little guys. I give them all names... and have lunch with them... :D

You're awesome :D

I can't wait to get it, I loved getting my morning coffee in Wild World before hunting for fossils. I realise my AC life is so much better than real life lol :)

I got it, but I'm not sure I even understand the point of it. Seems like it doesn't really serve any real purpose aside from talking to some of the NPC animals (like Tom Nook) in a more casual setting, which is nice. But the rest of it I don't really get.

What is the part time job even all about?

I got it, but I'm not sure I even understand the point of it. Seems like it doesn't really serve any real purpose aside from talking to some of the NPC animals (like Tom Nook) in a more casual setting, which is nice. But the rest of it I don't really get.

What is the part time job even all about?

Envy, you can work for Brewster and earn cafe-themed items (coffeemaker, coffee cup, uniform, etc.)

I like the caf? and I placed it in a really great spot, but I was hoping that The Roost would be more ?caf?? like. Instead, it still looks and feels like a bar. The music playing in the background while in the caf? is very similar to what was used in Wild World. The music is more like ?hometown blarney stone bar? than what you?d hear in a caf?.

The d?cor is also very cafeteria/diner like. They really could have made it look like a cool little caf? with eclectic puffy couches/seating, a coffee table or two, dimmer pendant lighting and hardwood floors. You know, like a? caf?. The exterior is also a bit too modern in shape. I would have liked more of an angled roof with a peak or two. Since this is a standalone building in your town - it should compliment the look and feel.

I also don?t understand the one coffee per day limit. Why not 2 or 3 per day?

Back