• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How exactly do you do the villager reset trick?

mapleshine

Proud Filipino
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Red Candy
I'm just really confused and I want to give it a try. I've seen towns with perfect villager placement due to the reset trick. I've read on different sites how to do it, but I find the explanations really confusing. Also, is it risky? Thanks! Any response is appreciated! ^_^

New character, check for plots. If you see the plot and like the place, finish the resident thing. If not, reset using the home menu. If you start on the mayor, you're doing it wrong and it won't work.

It is risky, but I haven't had any sort of problems. :/

Last edited:
I've seen on other websites that you need to TT to 6 am? That's when I got confused...

There always a risk doing something against the game intention. Some people has lost the game file as a result but I also known many including myself that haven't experience that. Assuming that you have ask a camper to move in or a resident to move in from another town. You will save & quit your game as you normally do, go into your 3ds setting and time travel one day forward (as long as it pass 6am into the next day) (save the setting) and open animal crossing. Then make a new character file and basically check where the resident plot is, and if you don't like it, close the game and rinse and repeat. Once you have located where you want the resident plot to be, you continue on the new character until it saves

Last edited:
I've seen on other websites that you need to TT to 6 am? That's when I got confused...

Well 6AM is the start of a new day. No need to TT to it. As long as you don't open up the game on any account and it's after 6 AM, you'll be fine.

Oh, ok! I think I understand what to do now. I tried it once before and it didn't work. I'll try again once I expect someone to move in!

Someone won't always move in. If you're expecting someone, they should come in soon, if not, they'll come before Day 8. (I think that's what I've read/heard.)

NEVER TT to 6 am to do the reset trick! I've seen a lot of people mess up this way because they were told to load up their file right before 6 am, and they ended up not being able to move the plot around. It works at any time of day.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I found this guide, it's kind of useful since it has pictures. But what ZanessaGaily is saying is the way to do it

http://25.media.tumblr.com/834dec01d705f93085f87dc4df6a9da7/tumblr_mqc7wiaIwc1qexlafo1_r1_1280.png

Attachments

• tumblr_mqc7wiaIwc1qexlafo1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mqc7wiaIwc1qexlafo1_r1_1280.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Back