• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters
about 85% done, beaches—still not sure what to do with left side of the island beach.
i never really tt excessively. i cheat sometimes when i miss something because of irl obligations haha but that’s about it. moving someone in while in the process of trading also counts for convenience. but i’ve usually waited organically for stuff like bridges & inclines.. and boy that needed patience

• Love
Reactions: eko
Like 30-40% or so. I like taking my time. I do time travel but it's more on a casual level than like everyday. I think I'm 700+ hours, idk.

I gave myself a challenging goal of only using custom paths that I designed myself. Plus I want my island map to be very visual top down. I'm purposely slow myself down so I don't burnout on this game.

It's over 50% but I am unsure how to gauge beyond that. I keep finding stuff to do, and there's a lot I need to do.

I have not TTed yet so that's part of the reason it takes so long. I don't really need to move any buildings anymore. It's more of the fact that I had managed to catalog a lot of stuff from other people and you can only order 5 items per day. I also still have a lot of DIYs to collect, and I have some items I really need to trade for, to be able to finish some plans.

I don't know how many hours I've played. I've never looked. It's a lot. I play about 30 minutes minimum each day (have only missed 1) and there's been plenty of days where I spent many hours playing.

I think I've spent like.... 300+ hours on my island? Maybe closer to 400! I don't have my Switch at hand right now, but I would say I'm like 90%+ done with my island! I really like how it is right now. I could do more stuff with my beaches, but the main parts of my island are pretty much all set. :)

• Love
I’d say mine is like 75% done? But it’s probably going to change with future updates coming haha I have around 500 hours in the game and I do time travel but I try not to pass the current month. I’m already thinking of changing areas to better suit the incoming colder northern hemisphere weather, but I’m waiting for now!
Changing areas to suit the weather, that's so creative! Good luck and I hope future updates aren't too demanding haha

Mine is almost 100%. The only unfinished area is my flower breeding garden since I don’t need it any more. I haven’t decided what I’m doing with that space yet. I’m also not finished with decorating my second character’s house.
I’ve played over 700 hours and never time traveled.
Not gonna lie, I had completely forgotten about decorating my house omg, that actually sets me back to maybe 5-10% of my island being finished in that case! Huge congrats on being almost finished and never time travelling, you must be very proud of your island :0c

Nearly 400 hours in and I have next to nothing to show for it. I’m just lacking creativity. I don’t like time traveling, it makes it more satisfying to wait.
Aw, I'm sure your island is lovely and please remember that everyone plays at their own pace! Creativity comes and goes, so I hope that you have that burst of inspiration that you need

In the middle of redoing my entire island for the 5th or so time, this time I'm really taking my time, constantly building entire areas, tearing them down again, and starting over until I'm happy with it, and then move on to the next area, takes forever, less than 20% right now.
Even then I'm still questioning the things I'm happy with..
I sorely wish that Nintendo would allow multiple building/destroying/moving per day, that would be a life-saver for those who don't time-travel. Also your 5th redo wow! Don't think I'd have the heart to reset my progress, is there a reason that you re-made you island? Really hoping for the best that this is the one you're happy with! :)

about 85% done, beaches—still not sure what to do with left side of the island beach.
i never really tt excessively. i cheat sometimes when i miss something because of irl obligations haha but that’s about it. moving someone in while in the process of trading also counts for convenience. but i’ve usually waited organically for stuff like bridges & inclines.. and boy that needed patience
Beaches are so hard to decorate, or at least in my experience. Congrats on being almost finished with your island, good job! I played New Leaf completely without time travelling and it took so much restraint, especially with the bridges, somehow becoming less patient as I grow older haha

mine's probably about 80% done. I've got the bulk of the island decorated, and have had it like that for a while, but I have one or two empty spaces where I burned out before getting a chance to decorate them. I've suddenly had a new burst of energy (thank god - I think the change of the season helped) so I've been redecorating a bit, although this has opened up some new space so I'm less finished now than I used to be. I have ideas, it's just trying to actually get the motivation! I think my hours are somewhere around 400?

as for time travelling, I was a massive tter in new leaf so I told myself I wasn't going to time travel as much this time around, so that I wouldn't run out of things to do and want to reset (was also a serial resetter). I then ended up moving to a new switch a couple of days in and tted back so that I'd start my island on March 20th, so maybe I was setting myself up for it there. I lasted about a month but I'm just too impatient! when I was redoing my entire island I tted to move houses and all that fun stuff. now I only really do it if I'm cycling NPCs to get the rewards from them, or if I really want to get a specific villager out.

Beaches are so hard to decorate, or at least in my experience. Congrats on being almost finished with your island, good job! I played New Leaf completely without time travelling and it took so much restraint, especially with the bridges, somehow becoming less patient as I grow older haha

specially the beach on the side! as they are small and long, so you feel like items should be facing to the side (left or right, depending). the beaches south it was easier for me because of the wider space and you can decorate it like usual just with more beachy items.

mine is technically all done with what i can think to do so far, but will add on as I acquire more items and diys. I TT now and then, mostly to hunt or experience events that took place before i bought the game

it's not finished at all. everytime I decorate an area I end up thinking of a better idea and change it again. but I have a theme this time that I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to

I'm somewhere in the 20%-50% done bracket. Probably closer to the 20% as I type this out. I feel like the big parts of my island are finished like my residential area and my marketplace, but now I have to figure out what to do with all this open area I have on the left side of my map. I have a LOT of collecting to do - being broke at the beginning of the game really made me decide what I actually wanted to buy so now I'm catching up with buying things from Timmy and Tommy. Also my home is pretty bare. I should probably figure out where I want to keep my house permanently too.

1% done, I have no idea what I want or what I’m doing
house design is 100% though

0% done, not even unlocked terraforming or paths yet and my house is a mess. I don't TT and I only started the game recently :LOL:

• Love
I'd say I'm about 80%, maybe a bit more. I don't have my console with me, but I have probably played close to 700 hours with no TTing.

All the big areas of my island are done, and my house is fully expanded and decorated. What I'm doing now is waiting for fall DIYs to put items in and I'll be swapping out some things for the changing seasons. I still have some flowers to finish breeding (blue roses and purple pansies. they hate me), and my catalog to complete, but I'm happy with where I am.

I have all my villagers set, and most of my time is spent filling out the museum, adding little touches here and there, and interacting with the villagers.

My island is called Mailbox because I wanted to think of it as a revolving door of sorts - things going in, things going out, all the time. I'll never call it 'complete' for that reason, but I did vote for 50-80% because I do want to get it to a certain 'starting point' state. That is, where I've gotten all the initial ideas I have for the island in place in some form, all of my 'permanent' residents, and the like - so that, from there, the evolving changes will be fewer and farther between, such as occasionally tiring of and replacing one villager every couple of months, or adding or switching up the order of some items, or seasonal changes or update additions. So far I'm not very close to even having those dreamies in place, though!

I’m pretty much done apart from tweaking or accommodating any new content. I’ve logged 1,320 hours which is terrifying!

I have around 800 hours in NH but I think I'm only 30-40% complete with my island. I recently redid a large portion of my island so I have quite a few left over blank spots.

Up until July/August I've been playing NH almost everyday with minimal time travel with my only goal being to just play the game and do whatever. Now that I have a good portion of my catalogue complete, have all my dreamies, and have kind of run out of basic things to do, I'm really starting to think about my island theme and redesign it carefully with time travel. This is similar to what I did in NL, and my NL town took me 4 years to complete since I like to work in spread out creative bursts rather than force myself to finish my town/island in a month or w/e.

My island will probably never be "done" if I do anything like I did in ACNL, because I'll probably change it up a lot. In terms of basics, I'd say maybe 40%?

As far as more objective completion (museum exhibits, DIYs, etc) I haven't made all that much progress but I got the game later than most people.

I don't TT much, usually just to get the shops to be open or speed up building times.

I’ve changed my island so many times I couldn’t even give you an estimated number, I stopped playing around the time of the diving update and came back to it after a month or so.
I had a burst of imagination and terraformed my island a lot and then stopped playing again because I didn’t know how to have one area.
I am now playing again after afew weeks and have my island layout complete. I just need to make it look abit nicer and add some waterfalls and trees etc.
Then I’m ready to decorate!
Im happy I took some time away because I was only stressing myself out trying to do too many things at once ☺️
I also started the game without time travelling, but because no one seems to ping to leave regularly I resorted to time travelling again. I tried my best, I really did.
I have just over 400 hours logged and counting!

No doubt this time next year my island will be completely different

• Love
My island is basically done and now I feel empty inside, please help 🤣

I have probably 1000 total hours in New Horizons now but about half of those were on my previous two islands that ended up falling victim to the big red button of deletion; but we should still probably count those hours because I salvaged a ton of items and bells to bring to the fresh island!

Also a very occasional time traveler here, If I want to be truly 100% done I'd need to time travel for a few remaining zodiac items that I've got a place in mind for. I'm probably going to suck it up and do this since I want my dream address to have the fancy late summer clouds and as a summer hemisphere these happen in jan-march anyways.

Im also still missing 2 seasons worth of critters

Back