• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How "finished" is your island? How much time have you spent? Do you timetravel?

Roughly, how "finished" is your island?

• <20%

Votes: 206 26.8%
  • 20-50%

Votes: 192 25.0%
  • 50-80%

Votes: 199 25.9%
  • 80-99%

Votes: 147 19.1%
  • 100% Done

Votes: 24 3.1%

• Total voters
I voted 50-80! Probably more like 60-70 percent! I’m so frustrated Bc I’m all out of inclines!
I recently started a big remodeling. Basically, nothing is where it used to be, museum, tailors, nooks,my house.. everything got moved at least one time! But I definitely got close to how I wish my island to be eventually.
I clocked in 425 hours into the game. I did TT but never much ahead, only for big terraforming projects and stopping in a mess makes me anxious, like when I moved all houses to attempt creating a neighborhood, I TTed to see how it looked. I ended up hating it lmao so I removed everything again. But yeah, to summarize, I only TT ahead for big projects! ☺️

• Love
Reactions: eko
I play day to day, so sometimes (like right now) I'm a few weeks behind, and sometimes I'm ahead. I will sometimes play several days in a row (TTing) and then take a few days off. I never get too far from the actual date though. I'm about 60-70% complete. All the buildings and villagers are set. All the main terraforming feels done as well. But I'm still working on decorating and tweaking certain areas and don't have all the diy or fruit yet. I have very few of the special star fragments needed for the zodiac series, so there's that as well. But, for me, AC has always been a game for the long haul, so I don't feel frustrated about my progress.

I haven't done much in the way of changing my island layout since I started playing in March. I have logged crazy amounts of hours playing, like 1k, but most of it was cataloging, talking to villagers to get their photos, and tweaking interior designs. I didn't TT at all for the first six months. I recently decided to do it to get villager from a friend, and then once I broke the TT seal I did it again to help my bf get some Aries star frags. I have felt like my island wasn't good enough compared to other islands that are extremely thoughtful in their design, but I also have felt relief that I didn't change my island dozens of times only to hate it again. Now, I think I have accepted my island for what it is and will probably not change it until I have the things I need to make a better entrance - something I am not in much of a rush to do. I tend to be focused mostly on rooms (I guess it's New Leaf habits) so that is where the changes have happened most; my second character's house is themed and is almost complete. I am thinking of starting a third character after that, lol. So I'm done, mostly, on the outside, and probably 2/3 done on the inside. ;)

0% done, not even unlocked terraforming or paths yet and my house is a mess. I don't TT and I only started the game recently :LOL:
Omg welcome to new horizons in that case!! Is this your first game in the series? :0c

I’m pretty much done apart from tweaking or accommodating any new content. I’ve logged 1,320 hours which is terrifying!
Wow 1,320 hours! I think that's the highest playtime that I've heard of so far, I imagine your island must look really impressive!

I voted 50-80! Probably more like 60-70 percent! I’m so frustrated Bc I’m all out of inclines!
I recently started a big remodeling. Basically, nothing is where it used to be, museum, tailors, nooks,my house.. everything got moved at least one time! But I definitely got close to how I wish my island to be eventually.
I clocked in 425 hours into the game. I did TT but never much ahead, only for big terraforming projects and stopping in a mess makes me anxious, like when I moved all houses to attempt creating a neighborhood, I TTed to see how it looked. I ended up hating it lmao so I removed everything again. But yeah, to summarize, I only TT ahead for big projects! ☺
Roughly 60-70% with 425 hours is probably the most efficient ratio I've seen so far, bravo!! I still only have 4 inclines because I'm so terrified of reaching the limit and wanting more haha, it does help that most of my island is flat however :'3c

I'm holding out until they bring back more stuff that was cut or will be added until I get serious with shaping my island, especially the rooms. So less than 20%

I don't consider my island finished at all, because I'm not looking to "finish" it. Personally, I'm enjoying it as I go, changing it as I feel like it. It's quite well developed, and I'm sure some people would see it and think it was "finished" but I realized early on that I just wasn't going to enjoy this game if I was working towards "finishing" things. Because... then what? Would I start over? Instead, I'm developing as I go, always with the realization that I can change things whenever. For instance, I have a hot spring area in the back of my island, but I don't plan on having it forever. I'm still hoping they're release The Roost as an actual building to place and, if they do, that's where I'm putting it. But it's cute for now. And I still have the outdoor cafe I set up for the contest on here- but I may change it up at some point. I also move around villager houses as new ones move in. For instance, Marina's living on the beach. But if/when she moves, someone might move in who wouldn't fit on the beach... so I'd move 'em.

I mean, I certainly don't judge people who are working towards "finishing" their islands. But I've seen a lot of people get stressed over how "unfinished" theirs was, or how their friend was "ahead" of them in finishing theirs, or stuff like that. And I think some people get in a competitive mindset over it... which can be fun and motivating! ...Or it can be stressful and make a game less enjoyable. So I always like to remind people, if the "finishing" mindset isn't fun for them, there are other ways to play. But I also enjoy seeing other people's islands when they do deem them "finished"- they're often really cool!

Omg welcome to new horizons in that case!! Is this your first game in the series? :0c

Thank you! My first game was NL! But I only started playing AC more seriously in August which is when I finally started my NH island ^_^

I, frankly, have no real idea how complete my island is in terms of percentages. I've never had particularly well thought out, specific designs for my island. My original idea was to have all of the residential housing on the third, highest tier on the back half of the island, while the front of the island would be the business and shopping district. The "everybody's houses will be on the third tier" thing didn't pan out because I just set up people's houses on the back of the island before I had access to terraforming, so the houses are split between the second and third tiers. I feel as though I should probably move houses around and terraform and put them back afterward, but I don't want to go into it without a solid idea of what I'd be setting up and am not eager to spend hundreds of thousands of bells on moving houses around.

I said 100% because I can't think of anything I could change and there's no empty spots... But I may change small little things. I might redo the whole island someday. No plans for now tho

I don't consider my island finished at all, because I'm not looking to "finish" it. Personally, I'm enjoying it as I go, changing it as I feel like it. It's quite well developed, and I'm sure some people would see it and think it was "finished" but I realized early on that I just wasn't going to enjoy this game if I was working towards "finishing" things. Because... then what? Would I start over? Instead, I'm developing as I go, always with the realization that I can change things whenever. For instance, I have a hot spring area in the back of my island, but I don't plan on having it forever. I'm still hoping they're release The Roost as an actual building to place and, if they do, that's where I'm putting it. But it's cute for now. And I still have the outdoor cafe I set up for the contest on here- but I may change it up at some point. I also move around villager houses as new ones move in. For instance, Marina's living on the beach. But if/when she moves, someone might move in who wouldn't fit on the beach... so I'd move 'em.

I mean, I certainly don't judge people who are working towards "finishing" their islands. But I've seen a lot of people get stressed over how "unfinished" theirs was, or how their friend was "ahead" of them in finishing theirs, or stuff like that. And I think some people get in a competitive mindset over it... which can be fun and motivating! ...Or it can be stressful and make a game less enjoyable. So I always like to remind people, if the "finishing" mindset isn't fun for them, there are other ways to play. But I also enjoy seeing other people's islands when they do deem them "finished"- they're often really cool!
Yeah I keep hearing people saying how they're behind in New Horizon and I'm like how do you get behind? I never heard 'getting behind' in any of the other installments and I frequented many forums during those times. I feel like NH becoming really popular and trending all the time on twitter made quite a few people have that mindset. I stopped checking on in twitter when it first came out because so many people were posting and showing how far ahead/behind they were and it turned me off. Thankfully that ratrace has died off in twitter.

Probably around 40% finished. I recently hit 400 hours. I started playing May 4th. I’ve never time traveled, but I’m not bothered by it, I just don’t think it’s for me. One reason it is taking me awhile to finish is because I spend so much time with my villagers. They get daily gifts and each have their own wrapping paper color. I really enjoy this play style of spending time with the villagers first, doing tasks/earning bells second and decorating 3rd. It just works for me.

I have high friendship with any villagers that are not new to the island so I get tasked a lot during the day to bring apology gifts, do treasure hunts, catch a clown fish (I’m looking at you Sherb, took me 45 minutes last night lol) etc. I really enjoy doing these things. Since I over talk I tend to get some extra dialogue which is fun to me.

The other reason I’m taking awhile is because I’m waiting for mushroom season in November. I’ve had a cool idea for the wooded section since I started almost, but I need mushroom stuff. I’ve had other areas where I’ve needed items or a certain color of something and traded aka I needed soft serve lamps for my ice cream shop. But I don’t want to trade for items I haven’t experienced yet in game that are attached to a season or event.

I have played since the start of summer, but just started 'doing' my island. It's a mess! Things are scattered everywhere and because of that I can't really complete an entire section at a time. lol I'm constantly shuffling pieces around like a puzzle! 🤪

Right now I would say I’m about 40% done 😩

For the most part, the sections that that are, I really like. I have 1050 hours played.

I'm still at less than 20%! I have a layout I love now except for refining my lower river. But that should just take a few minutes.

My island looks 100% not done, but I really haven't updated my island in months. There's empty parts where I just have 0 creativity to fill in. So maybe 85% done. About 1030 hours played.

985 hours and I'm still doin' stuff! I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I'm constantly tweaking things, but most of my island is done. There are very few areas that I could use for new projects anyway, but I might still do something with the patch of flowers next to the cathedral, and if we get a cafe, I'm putting it where Francine is living right now. If we get more customisation slots, I'll probably overhaul everything though.
I got all the Fossils and almost all the Bugs and Fish. Still got a long way to go with sea life, and I've not made much of a dent in Art.
I only, ONLY, time travel when it's to do with sorting out villagers. I did so to hunt down Reneigh and to speed through Punchy's Amiibo requests.

• Love
I'd say it's 80% done, but I frequently change the decorations of practically every corner of my island, even if I previously considered it as "finished". In fact, I think that I won't regard any part of my island as permanent at least until a few updates have come out. I am always excited to try out new furniture, even if it isn't totally "new" to the game but it's just the first time I see it.

90% done, 1300 hours. I’ve worked hard on my island and I love it but I’m not hugely into terraforming which may be why mine feels more complete to me.

Maybe 70-80% done. Happy with some areas but just lost inspiration. If I was good with terraforming I would relocate all villagers houses and be amazingly creative. 💭

Im not 😂 so just adding bits to existing and remove flowers when I know what to do🤪
Post automatically merged:

Oh. Forgot no I don’t time travel. Tempting but been so lucky with friends I haven’t needed to 💕😘

Back