• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How is Halloween similar to the other holidays

Alolan_Apples

Mollycord’s Exile
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Island
Palm City
Flower Glow Wand
Cool Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Yule Log
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Tetris Grid
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
A few days ago, I did a blog entry on Halloween and Christmas and what both have in common. Today, it's about how Halloween is similar to the other holidays. If you want to see the Christmas one, click here. Likewise, I'm not covering Christmas similarities in this entry. I also couldn't cover all holidays.

New Year's:

1. Both are on fixed dates.
  2. New Year's Eve is on the last day of its month. The same is true for Halloween. They're even in the months with 31 days, ending with a -ber suffix.
  3. New Year's Day and Halloween are on the months where the dates share a day of the week with their corresponding dates (i.e. October 16th is a Saturday in the common years January 16th is also a Saturday). Both months even have 31 days.
Valentine's:

1. During a common year, both holidays are on the same day of the week (i.e. if Valentine's Day is a Wednesday, Halloween is also a Wednesday). This is not true for leap years.
  2. Both holidays have white in their main color scheme, and a related color to red as well (orange to Halloween, and pink to Valentine's Day).
  3. Both involve passing out candy. They even have candies specifically made for them.
St. Patrick's Day:

1. Both holidays are on the same day of the week as the third day of the month. In one month, the 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st are all on one date column. Halloween is on the 31st of its month, and St Patrick's Day is on the 17th.
  2. Both holidays involve dressing up or having a dress code. While Halloween is all centered on costumes, St. Patrick's Day is on wearing green.
  3. The main color in their color schemes are based after a plant.
April Fool's Day:

1. Both holidays involve pulling pranks. April Fools is to jokes as Halloween is to costumes.
  2. Both are on a fixed date, as it is either on the first day or last day of the month.
  3. Both involve coming up with new ideas each year.
Easter:

Other than Christmas, Easter has more similarities to Halloween than any other holiday, even if they are on opposite months. But only three similarities can be shared today.

1. Both holidays involve collecting candies. They even have candy containers for large collections (Easter baskets and pumpkin buckets).
  2. Both are commercialized.
  3. Both have a possibility of being on a Sunday. Even if Easter is always a Sunday, Halloween occurs on a Sunday four times every 28 years.
4th of July:

1. Both are always on the same day of the week.
  2. Both have white in the main color schemes. The other two colors in each scheme are even similar in some ways (blue to black and red to orange).
  3. Both are only celebrated at night.
Thanksgiving:

1. Both are fall holidays.
  2. In Canada, both are celebrated in October. In the United States, both dominate the month they're part of, and have ties to Day of the Dead.
  3. In Canada, both have a possibility of being on a Monday. In the United States, both have a possibility of being on a Thursday.

That's pretty much it. You may not care about it, but I enjoy pointing things out like this when I'm bored.

Back