• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How long did it take you to learn how to drive?

It took me roughly a year and a half after getting my learner's permit to end up getting my license. I ended up getting my learner's permit soon after I turned 15, though I didn't really drive even after getting it at that point. A couple months after I turned 16, I ended up doing small 5-10 minute drives with my Mom on quiet roads for a few months, eventually got driver's training and I ended up taking (and passing) my driver's test soon after finishing my training. Then I was able to drive myself to school, so I just got more experience and felt more comfortable driving as time went along.

I'd say a few months of occasional practice and barely any studying. I kinda cheesed everything, but still ended up nailing parallel parking.

I got my learner's at fifteen and my restricted at sixteen after failing my first test (so I could basically drive by myself but only between 7am and 10pm and no passengers) but I didn't get my full license until I was 24!!

I spent six years living in a big city where owning a car didn't make sense financially and just caught public transport everywhere and then moved back to a smaller town and the buses here are the Worst so I needed a car to be able to get to work when I started looking for a job. and then the job I did get involved regularly driving a van full of people so I needed to get my license pretty quickly!!

now I'm fine and can basically drive anything you throw at me as long as it's not a manual but the anxiety for the first couple months driving a big ten seater van after not driving anything for years was Real

I learned at 21 I live in a place where the bus system is very good so I didn’t really see the need to. I got older and my needs changed though so I took drivers lessons. I had to take the test twice because I failed the first time. I still can’t parallel park though.

Back