• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How many of you own the Japanese 3DS XL Bundle?

asianthunder2645

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I understand that a few in North America own the Japanese Bundle. Are you buying the North American Bundle too? Not to try to sound rude, but why would you spend a lot of money on a game you can't read? Was it really that hard to wait till June? I'm just curious. And I'm aware that some of you who bought it can read Japanese.

People may like to have two towns. Personally, Animal Crossing is a really good learning tool for Japanese learners because of the common kanji use. That's my reason for getting both. I agree with "why get a game if you can't read it" but maybe they are learning or impatient? Either way, it's their money.

These threads were all the rage back in November. It's weird seeing one of these now. :p

I have the Japanese version, but not the bundle. From playing New Leaf in Japanese, I have learned to read Japanese, but I'm still working on learning kanji and more vocabulary. It's been a great learning tool and it means I can play other Japan-only games as well. ^^

I'm getting NL in English too, but not the bundle.

Last edited:
These threads were all the rage back in November. It's weird seeing one of these now. :p

I have the Japanese version, but not the bundle. From playing New Leaf in Japanese, I have learned to read Japanese, but I'm still working on learning kanji and more vocabulary. It's been a great learning tool and it means I can play other Japan-only games as well. ^^

I'm getting NL in English too, but not the bundle.

That's awesome. I think it's a perfect way to learn the language, but I know some people bought it because they couldn't wait. I just imagine playing it without understanding what's going on. And yes, that's true. It's their money. I'm buying 4 3ds xl bundles. Animal Crossing definitely knows how to get into my wallet.

People may like to have two towns. Personally, Animal Crossing is a really good learning tool for Japanese learners because of the common kanji use. That's my reason for getting both. I agree with "why get a game if you can't read it" but maybe they are learning or impatient? Either way, it's their money.
Mind=blown
why hadn't I thought of this?

I understand that a few in North America own the Japanese Bundle. Are you buying the North American Bundle too? Not to try to sound rude, but why would you spend a lot of money on a game you can't read? Was it really that hard to wait till June? I'm just curious. And I'm aware that some of you who bought it can read Japanese.

I have 3 copies of the game. 2 physical and one from the bundle. I can read it just fine. Money is nice to have. I'm glad I have it to buy the things I like :)

Yeah, I have a job this summer so I jumped at the chance of getting a Japanese 3DS :) Zen, just curious, how long have you studied Japanese?

Yeah, I have a job this summer so I jumped at the chance of getting a Japanese 3DS :) Zen, just curious, how long have you studied Japanese?

total? about 2 years. I've been quite lucky being immersed in the language. i lived in okinawa around 2002 and i moved back to japan from the US about 2 years ago. I haven't been studying much, but I use it daily. I'm currently studying French and will move on to Mandarin Chinese next year.

Back